Profiling capabilities

• Can the Kemper profile only the power section of an amplifier? Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere. Had a look through the forums and didn’t find any mention, or my search criteria needs adjustment. Thanks in advance.

• If you can access the signal path just before the power amp then yes. For example if you have an FX loop you can use the FX Return as the input and profile just the power amp. However, you can only run one profile at a time so you would need something else for the preamp to get a useable rig. I.e. you can profile the preamp of one anm and combine this with a profile of the power amp of a different one.

I profiled the Mesa 2:ninety poweramp at a few different settings for an experiment and it worked well but I was plugging amMesa V Tine pedal into the Kemper to get a full rig. I can’t see much use for poweramp only in the real world. What are you envisioning?

• making a PROFILE of only the power amp kinda implies taking the signal from the Speaker Out of the amplifier.
    You need to have a DI box that can handle speaker level (!!!) signals and a cabinet needs to be connected.

If this is done incorrectly, you could potentially damage your amp and or the PROFILER.

You're basically aiming to make a Direct Amp PROFILE of only the power amp.
    Please refer to the relevant sections of the manual.

• Thank you. Appreciate the advice.

Apologies, I left out the “what”. What I‘m thinking about is to profile the power stage of, say a Marshall, Fender and Vox (models not determined yet) then using the synergy modules I have, run them into the Kemper with the power stage profiles, Fractals FX8 for effects, Kemper IRs and out to a Rocktron mainline power amp.

Happy to stand corrected if this is not doable. Thanks.

• I think it would be doable, but it seems a bit convoluted.
    It's probably better to:

a) Create PROFILEs of a Synergy module (maybe even with it's Cab Sim activated) and see how you like it.
    Swap the CABINET and see if you find something you like.

( b)Make a Merged PROFILE of the Synergy module to use the authentic point where the module ends and the Cab Sim starts.)

c)Feed a Synergy module into the fx return of an amp you like to use for it's power amp signature, mic a cab and make a Studio PROFILE.

I really don't see the need for an external fx device tbh - what's your reason for that if I might ask. :)

• Thank you.

Initially was thinking, to use the Kemper as a “hub”, kind of. Dedicate processing to a power stage and IR, switch between various cab/mic setups. I already have the FX8 so double for effects and MIDI. I like the flexibility of the synergy modules, and I have them already, why not see if there’s a way to get a similar flexibility with power stages. You have a point this does lean towards a convoluted approach, but a part of me is curious as well to see if it can be done. I appreciate the points above. Point ‘a’ may be the way to go if this doesn’t pan out. Thanks again.