Slide

• If I want to play slide guitar I need an open tuning, So every time I need another guitar that is tuned that way. I nowhere can find this kind of tuning on my profiler. Is this not provided or do I look wrong?

• the pitch shifter in the Profiler cannot tune every string differently.

A pity that they didn't think of that since a lot of bluesplayers have to carry at least 2 guitars with them: one in open tuning to play and one in standard tuning.

Does any one know if there's such a device on the market which can be put between guitar en the Profiler's input?

• Digital gear only has so much processing power.

All the extra features people desire cannot be crammed in the same chip.

However, Peterson manufacture a range of tuners for bench, feet and also that clip on the instrument.

They are strobe tuners and offer every kind of alternative tuning and tuning sweeteners. Strobe tuning can take a little bit of getting used to at first.

But the Peterson tuners are more accurate than others.

Peterson Strobe Tuners (petersontuners.com)

This page below shows you the alternative tunings for electric guitars. Scroll down!

Tuning 6-String Electric Guitar | Peterson Strobe Tuners (petersontuners.com)

There is another page for acoustic guitar tunings.

Tuning 6-String Acoustic Guitar | Peterson Strobe Tuners (petersontuners.com)

• A pity that they didn't think of that since a lot of bluesplayers have to carry at least 2 guitars with them: one in open tuning to play and one in standard tuning.

Does any one know if there's such a device on the market which can be put between guitar en the Profiler's input?

It cannot be done without a specific pickup as Kellerblues points out.

Horsepower has nothing to do with it. Otherwise, someone would have already done it.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• These make great sliders, one tuned to open G and the other in open E.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• or a gibson robot guitar system..

Not a Fan but.. it exists!

External Content youtu.be

• I wish kemper give us more option in the tuner at least DADGAD and common open tuning should be available

I don't understand. The tuner in the Kemper is chromatic. You can tune any string to any pitch you like. There are no 'tunings' in the Kemper.

• This thread is confusing :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• This may be an issue for the inexperienced players but I have been playing for 60 years and it is a very simple matter to retune all 6 strings in a very short time. DADGAD only requires re-tuning 3 strings and can be done in less time than it takes to change guitars. I have a VG-99 than can do any tuning at the push of a button, but who wants to carry extra gear for something as simple as that? Besides that, using the VG-99 requires silencing the guitar output because the guitar will not be in tune with the VG-99.

My advice would be to learn your instrument and become proficient with re-tuning. It's much more simple than trying to add more gear and presets.

YMMV

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• it's just a visual aid while tuning , setup the tuner in dadgad and the tuner would read the strings just like now, that's it : play the 6th E string and the tuner would wait and display a D , etc

But it already does that. The tuner isn't looking for a specific pitch for any string, it listens and then as you adjust it changes.

It's never 'looking' for a specific pitch.

• Come on , it's all relative to a certain pitch / frequency , I'm asking for a new feature not a broken tuner of course :

the tuner would be set to a dadgad preset ( or OPEN D on the preset list ) before, vs standard tuning. I don't know all open tuning by heart , I'm asking for a list of usual open tunings. that's why it would mainly be a visual aid & reminder

• Come on , it's all relative to a certain pitch / frequency , I'm asking for a new feature not a broken tuner of course :

the tuner would be set to a dadgad preset ( or OPEN D on the preset list ) before, vs standard tuning. I don't know all open tuning by heart , I'm asking for a list of usual open tunings. that's why it would mainly be a visual aid & reminder

A feature for what? The relative pitch is A 440. That doesn't change based on the guitar's tuning scheme.

If you want the low E tune to D.....pick the string, loosen the string.....tuner says "D"...you're done.

Its a chromatic tuner. What's the preset for?