Slide

• E of course but another display would remind me a visual DADGAD in order to tune my guitar on this specific preset : Open D

other presets : open G, A etc

ie I don't need to go on the web to remember each open tuning, that would be a very simple feature to implement

• The tuner doesn't tell you E A D G B E now. What would you do about 7 or 8 (or whatever) string guitars? Bass guitars, baritone guitars.....drop tunings, flatted etc. The chromatic tuner is open ended, which gives it all that flexibility.

A few decades ago you had tuners where you had to flip a switch to change the pitch it was looking for. That sucked.

IMO - it's better to remember what tuning you're in/going to than ask the unit to tell you.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• E of course but another display would remind me a visual DADGAD in order to tune my guitar on this specific preset : Open D

other presets : open G, A etc

ie I don't need to go on the web to remember each open tuning, that would be a very simple feature to implement

if you cannot remember the open tuning how can you play something meaningful with it?

• if you cannot remember the open tuning how can you play something meaningful with it?

Guys you're probably missing my point or maybe I cannot express myself clearly :

trying new open tunings open some very creative possibilities , and why would one limit the curiosity spirit ?

The point is to have more creative ressources , ie new tunings that I would probably not try if I had to gather the theory before, beyond the open G & D I already know.

• Guys you're probably missing my point or maybe I cannot express myself clearly :

trying new open tunings open some very creative possibilities , and why would one limit the curiosity spirit ?

The point is to have more creative ressources , ie new tunings that I would probably not try if I had to gather the theory before, beyond the open G & D I already know.

I agree that different tunings foster creativity. You don't need technology to help with trying new things. The way you're describing it is that you want a list of alternate tunings referenced in the Kemper. Why? So you don't have to seek them out?

I mean no disrespect, but have to ask....Why would you need the Kemper to hold your hand like that? 2 minutes on the internet and a post-it note does the same thing AND probably give you some context as to how a certain tuning can be applied.

If you saw a C6 tuning with no explanation, how would you use it? When you learn that tuning to a C6 chord is a common way to tune pedal and lap steel guitars....it starts making sense. The same with scales....who cares about Hawaiian Hexatonic if you don't have a clue about the music its found in?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I give up guys , thx for your interest & back to music & notes on the wall, with quick ref open tunings next to my cycle of fiths

I think I know what you are asking but the issue is that the current tuner does not show the strings, it only shows the current pitch. For your idea you would need to show all 6 strings with the pitch to tune to.

The guitar tuner on my phone does this and I get it cold be useful, but it would need a total change is display which might not work on the KPA due to screen size.

• A pity that they didn't think of that since a lot of bluesplayers have to carry at least 2 guitars with them: one in open tuning to play and one in standard tuning.

Does any one know if there's such a device on the market which can be put between guitar en the Profiler's input?

As mentioned its nothing to do with the tuner, its that the guitar only sends a sound output, it doesn't send information about what string you are playing on for it to then know what pitch to change it to - without that, its not possible. Hence why the only option is a hex pickup that does capture string by string information.

I used to play slide in one of my bands and the other advantage of taking another guitar is often you want to action higher as well to avoid the frets.