Rig manager FX settings (presets)

• Hi. Sorry if this has been requested before. When editing in Rig Manager (which I use all the time) if, for example I want to load a distortion effect I have to scroll through every type of distortion type, then load a preset. If I’m auditioning a preset but then want to choose another preset, I have to go through the entire process again (which I suppose is ok - a bit time wasteful though) however, is there anyway Kemper could implement a means of indicating which preset I have already loaded - perhaps with a tick or something. If I’m looking at a list of 30 presets I find it difficult to remember which preset I’ve already loaded. How about a right click function on the Icon of the FX block itself to take me to the preset list. I know people will no doubt say it’s only a few clicks but it’s the same repeated clicks EVERY time I want to load a new preset. This gets really cumbersome if my rig has wah, chorus, booster, eq, reverb etc. Be gentle. Cheers. Jon.

• Kemper have made it very clear many times that they do not see any value in showing the name of a preset once it has been loaded. This is because the preset is no longer the preset once you start editing so they don’t see it as relevant information.

Using the right click and context menus is a really long winded and inefficient way of accessing effects.

In you situation I would simple use the Presets Window in Rig Manager with the search and/or sort functions to reduce the number of presets that you need to scroll through or click on. For example if you want Kemper `Drive presets based on a Tube Screamer then search for 808. This might bring up Green Scream Presets and Kemper Drive so sort by effect type to have all the Kemper Drive presets listed next to each other. This should leave you with a list of only a handful of presets to test.

• Thanks for the reply. Don’t agree with Kemper at all. What if I want to audition presets in a single effect or stomp block without changing any of the parameters. Seems daft to me. What if I want to base a number of my own effects on the same preset.
    I disagree with you about contextual menus. It’s a real pain having to keep clicking the same menus every time. Your point about about putting in search criteria presupposes you know what model of distortion you’re looking for - which I don’t. I am a seasoned guitarist but have no interest in learning what Klon, Screamer, Mouse, Horizon etc mean in terms of sound differences. I would need to understand the sound differences between EVERY type of wah, chorus, reverb, delay, distortion, EQ, flanger, phaser etc. to work like that. I simply don’t have the time or the memory capacity (as I’m getting on in years). My way of working is to load a preset and hopefully be inspired to either play or tweak. There’s nothing worse(for me) than wasting time and inspiration on repeated menu clicking.
    Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

• In that case just don’t restrict the search fields. Any further than Overdrive or Chorus. This will give a larger list but will allow you to sample things quickly and easily. With all the OD presets showing in the Presets window just drag and drop from the list. Much faster (far fewer mouse clicks0 than messing about with the contextual menus.

• I made this quick screen video to show you how quick and easy it is to use presets in RM. There are multiple ways to load presets including Double Click, Drag and Drop and scrolling through the list with only the Left and Right arrow keys. Absolutely minimal mouse clicking. I also show the steps to use the right click context menu which is a nightmare by comparison to the Preset Window. Hope this helps.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi. Thanks for the reply. That was very kind of you to go to the trouble of doing a screen video. Did you attach it? I don’t see a link to it in your reply and I would be very interested in seeing what you do. Jon

• Hi again. Sorry about this but when I follow the steps (exactly) in your video I have hardly any presets to call on. Under the search for distortion I only have 4 presets, chorus has none, delay has eight etc. Am I missing something - do I need to save these presets to my local folder? When I look at yours you have all the FX types AND all the presets. Is there a way to batch save the these. I have attached three screenshots. Cheers Jon

• I made this quick screen video to show you how quick and easy it is to use presets in RM. There are multiple ways to load presets including Double Click, Drag and Drop and scrolling through the list with only the Left and Right arrow keys. Absolutely minimal mouse clicking. I also show the steps to use the right click context menu which is a nightmare by comparison to the Preset Window. Hope this helps.

Cleared my profiler of all but 2 acoustic simulated rigs, after six years I'm starting from scratch, again🥴. This will make for a much more pleasant fx auditioning experience, I had no idea this function was available. Thanks for the video!

• Hi again. Sorry about this but when I follow the steps (exactly) in your video I have hardly any presets to call on. Under the search for distortion I only have 4 presets, chorus has none, delay has eight etc. Am I missing something - do I need to save these presets to my local folder? When I look at yours you have all the FX types AND all the presets. Is there a way to batch save the these. I have attached three screenshots. Cheers Jon

there are two things I would try first.

1 - instead of selecting All Presets select the Local Library sub folder. Rig Manager doesn’t search sub folders properly unfortunately

2 - check what columns the search bar is referencing in case it is restricted to a column which doesn’t contain everything

• Hi Newtone. I couldn’t find the presets either using either method suggested by Wheresthedug. I was watching some YouTube tutorials and someone mentioned that the factory presets are not searchable using the methods above and are only available using the contextual drop down menus. What I have decided to do is save EVERY preset to a separate folder (ie reverb, delay, wah etc) so they are like a user saved preset. I can then search them using Wheresthedugs methods above. I’ll admit it’s taking ****ing ages. What a pain. Hope you have better luck.

• The factory effect presets are here in the Rig Manager effect menu organized by effect category, effect type, and pesistent effect preset (right column):

And here the same three columns logic in the hardware:

All these effect categores, types and presets cannot get lost. Nobody can delete those but KEMPER. We have embedded these into the OS so that no user needs to care about these anymore. These are always complete and current by design.

I don't understand, what the practical issue is here.

• I don't understand, what the practical issue is here.

The OP was trying to access those presets without the need to use the annoying right click contextual menus. I can do this no problem as the presets show up in my local library but he (and others) don't seem to see them there. They can only see them by right clicking and wading through the context menus which is WAY less efficient than the method I use in my video.