Friedman BE-OD Deluxe Dual Overdrive Pedal - any thoughts?

• I was able to quickly dial in a tone for a new tune with the BE-OD on the Kemper yesterday using a uber clean Fender profile. I have never been satisfied with Kemper OD/Dist stomps. I love this pedal! And makes my tube amps go Grrrrrroooowwwl.

Fab! Sounds like you are happy...nothing better than a new purchase living up to expectations. Now, when will we hear this new tune? :)

• Hello,

are you using BE-OD pedal on 9 or 18 volts...🤔

18V. It came with a power supply splitter so I tapped into the line for my 18V MXR EQ.

Good question! I haven't looked into the difference of 9v vs 18v.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Just wonder which power supply sound better....Thanks.

I did a little reading and read that 18v gives you more "clean" headroom, more treble, maybe a thinner sound compared to 9v. Now, I am going to have to try 9v! but after after I do the song I just tracked at 18v. LOL.

The label says "9 - 18v" so I assume that means 12v works to. I guess I need to read the instructions.

• Ok, I see ....some people say that on 9 volt sounds better...Have fun. My pedal is on the way.😉

Congrats! You will love it. I tried it out on 9v and found you get more bite on the attack but you probably need to use the tight switch since the lows can get flubby in a mix. I'm certain to go back and forth on the voltages now, so I might get one of those multi-volt power supplies for it. Something like this...

https://www.amazon.com/SHNITPW…Celectronics%2C113&sr=1-3

• What if every Kemper update featured a batch of new overdrives? Now there’s a thought…

With all the OD stomps out there we could be in for long download times. If you are just looking to cover songs then the Kemper stomps are pretty adequate, but just not for my personal tone (which I don't know what it sounds like until I do know). :/

• Congratulations on the new OD. I have the single version of it. I am a big fan of Friedman pedals. I have most of them. I started with the BE-OD. I like the Dirty Shirley and the Sall Box better than the BE-OD but they are all great. I have had the DS on my board for quite a while. I also have a Twin Sister amp. I can tell you they nailed the sound of the amp in that pedal. I don't know how they did it but they did it. The circuit that they use in all of these that makes them touch sensitive started in the BE-OD and they have used it in the rest of them.

• Congratulations on the new OD. I have the single version of it. I am a big fan of Friedman pedals. I have most of them. I started with the BE-OD. I like the Dirty Shirley and the Sall Box better than the BE-OD but they are all great. I have had the DS on my board for quite a while. I also have a Twin Sister amp. I can tell you they nailed the sound of the amp in that pedal. I don't know how they did it but they did it. The circuit that they use in all of these that makes them touch sensitive started in the BE-OD and they have used it in the rest of them.

I tell ya I am really diggin this pedal. I'm using mostly clean profiles now with the BE-OD in front of the Kemper. I've even used it on a bass for my latest mix. This one is a keeper!

• I tell ya I am really diggin this pedal. I'm using mostly clean profiles now with the BE-OD in front of the Kemper. I've even used it on a bass for my latest mix. This one is a keeper!

I have been on a pedal buying spree again. I have found some that I really like and have a couple more on the radar. I am hoping to hold myself off for a while on the last two. They are expensive.

I have really fallen in love with the Keeley Super AT Mod. I loved it so much that I bought two of them. After getting the first one and playing with it I decided I needed a second one of them so I can have one on my board on the AT setting and another on the Phat setting. I play my HSS guitars a lot and this way I have one set for the humbucker and one set for the single coils.

I found a couple of other great ones as well. I am kind of an Overdrive pedal junkie. I have a good number of them that I really like.

I have also gone on a compressor adventure. I now have 5 compressors and have been doing a shootout with them. Some of the ones of these I bought were very expensive too. I need to slow down. I could buy a new Kemper for what I have dropped in pedals in the past couple of months.

On top of all of that, I finally found a pedal kit of something that I think will be useful to me once it is built so I will be building a pedal in the weeks to come... I have been wanting to do that for a long time.

• JEverly the best compressor I ever saw was the Keeley, and I have one. ;)

I dropped a lot of cash on compressors to do an in depth test. Something very interesting happened. I had just put a Keeley Compressor Plus on my board and thought it was the best compressor I had ever played. In the end after doing an in depth dig into 5 compressor pedals, the Keeley Compressor Plus is my least liked one of the 5. It took hundreds of dollars to figure that out.

• I dropped a lot of cash on compressors to do an in depth test. Something very interesting happened. I had just put a Keeley Compressor Plus on my board and thought it was the best compressor I had ever played. In the end after doing an in depth dig into 5 compressor pedals, the Keeley Compressor Plus is my least liked one of the 5. It took hundreds of dollars to figure that out.

Yeah, I have one and and never could bond with it. Luckily I got it on sale.