Less Rigs = Huge performance increase

• Ive gone down from 1900 rigs to 80 and everything in the kemper responds so much faster no more screen lagg when pushing buttons and startup has gone from 2 mins 50 to 0.40. No more sorting through profiles to get a great recorded tone all my rigs i have now are tweaked to be mix ready. I wish i done this a long time ago 8o

• Great stuff !
    But , except in file managements , is there any other benefit ?
    (even) more real sound , more defined and more natural distortion, better unit response to guitar dynamic , ...?

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Ive gone down from 1900 rigs to 80 and everything in the kemper responds so much faster no more screen lagg when pushing buttons and startup has gone from 2 mins 50 to 0.40. No more sorting through profiles to get a great recorded tone all my rigs i have now are tweaked to be mix ready. I wish i done this a long time ago 8o

totally agree with you, since not every amp are useful to our taste or to our music style, so i 'play and delete' some profile that just don't do for me :D

• Great stuff !
    But , except in file managements , is there any other benefit ?
    (even) more real sound , more defined and more natural distortion, better unit response to guitar dynamic , ...?

That would be an issue, not a benefit.

There shouldn't and there is no performance alteration due to high number of rigs.

• That's what I thought as well .
    I decided to stay with 128 profiles , exactly to match my 128 programs on Midi .
    I will patent this idea :P 8)

• Hey Aleksander ,

Check this out , fantastic guitarist from Balkan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7_W6Wpch0w

Cheers,
    Zoran

• Since the release of Rig Manager, I've cut the number of rigs stored on my Kemper way down. I think I'm at around 160 now. Definitely makes startup time faster. Not too sure about any other performance increases as I had no issues even when I had a large number on my Kemper.

I use the Kemper as a recording/practice tool so I have it hooked up to my computer all the time. The vast majority of my profile collection is now stored strictly on my computer and I use Rig Manager to select them when I want to use them.

• I went from 550 to 400. I don't know, but I get nervous when I delete a lot rigs... :S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I am in the process of doing this as well. I'll keep just the ones I need for my band.
    Of course I'm trying out new ones regularly but I browse trough them with the Rig Manager....so easy to check new rigs quickly w/o copying them to the Kemper permanently.

• Just wanted to thank ChrisBeaver for this thread because it spurred me to clean up my rigs as well. I went from 860 down to 190. I'm going to keep going at a later date but I feel so much better having some simplicity to my kemper. To each his own, but I feel much more able to deal with a smaller amount of rigs.
    I also came to realize how thankful I am for the librarian. THANK YOU KEMPER TEAM! It was so simple to keep all my rigs to test in the future while maintaining my go-to sounds on my kpa. Love the green monster!

• I just deleted over 500 rigs last night. It felt a little like spring cleaning and no sense keeping rigs that you will never use, I do have a back up but I don't think I will ever access them.

:thumbup: "A single note can be short lived but a melody will last a life time." Paul Muller

• Backed up all my rigs and started cleaning house. From 450 to 125. Gonna get it down to 40. Start up time is much improved.