Posts by BayouTexan

Thanks! I'm using the Motu M4 (4 inputs). The TR analog sounds fine to me but I may want to go the SPDIF route too. I figure not much of risk to try the optical-rca converter. I should be due to build my next computer in about 10 months or so - I'll make sure the sound card has an rca SPDIF on that one.

I am interested in the G12T75 IRs. I am old school Marshall and I have always loved those speakers. I see there is a closed back 2x12 and 4x12 available. What difference can I expect from 2x12 vs 4x12 closed back?

More speakers = air being displaced over a large area. I know closed-back gives you more low end. I believe more speakers means more wattage the cab can handle. So, 2x12's rated at 75 watts each gets you 150 watts max handling, and 4X12's the same get you 300 watts max handling. At least. it's how I understand it. So, 2 speakers would project volume the same as 4 speakers if the amp volume remains the same but the 4 speakers would project more sound waves??

No. I was considering getting one but the users on here say it will color the kemper sound, and probably enough that it would not work best for my situation. But, If I have to wait 6 months for the Kabinet, then I might get one.

IR = Impulse Response. DSR = Dynamic Speaker Response. DSR is IR Plus (IR+) in layman's terms. I think.

It say's DSR matches not just the frequency but the "attitude" of the speaker it's emulating - whatever that means.

If I understand this correctly, you can connect the SPDIF on your Kemper directly into a computer's soundcard SPDIF input? If I have an "optical SPDIF" input on my computer then I would need an optical to RCA converter ($10 on Amazon) to connect correctly to the Kemper?

What are the advantages of SPDIF connection from Kemper-->computer over the advantages of TS cable from Kemper--->audio interface--->computer (USB)?

I trying to determine if it is worth getting especially if I want to use all inputs to do; Delay/Verb tracks, DI and re-amping, etc.

Kemper (main TS stereo outs)--->Motu M4 (TS inputs 3 and 4)--->Reaper 5(Win 7 64b)

Reported via Reaper:

44.1kHz 24bit WAV: 4/4ch 32 spls ~1.3/3.8ms ASIO

48kHz 24bit WAV: 4/4ch 32 spls ~1.2/3.5ms ASIO

88.2kHz 24bit WAV: 4/4ch 32 spls ~0.7/2.7ms ASIO

96kHz 24bit WAV: 4/4ch 32 spls ~0.6/2.4 ms ASIO

etc.

As you can see, the higher the sample rate then the lower the latency (direct monitor OFF). I've tried both 44.1 and 48 at 32 samples and get no notifiable artifacts using my monitors, however, I did not do any critical recorded playback with headphones to check if there is any artifacting.

I would like to make recordings clean and pristine. I don't plan on using any post-processing on the guitar tracks except for maybe HP and LP filters and EQ for mixing with other tracks, and a special Stereo Widener plugin I love. I am still relatively new to DAW recording. I like to listen to the actual processed signal while playing/practicing.

I'm not too familiar with the system yet cuz I'm brand new, but I came across something saying your name in RM must match exactly to your name on the profiler. i.e. uppercase, lowercase underscores, etc must match.