Posts by johnnycab

Yes, you could try putting the fx pedals in the the kemper's loop. That would let you have a Kemper wah effect (controlled by your expression pedal) before the chorus and distortion, which is where it would usually be. You would also be plugging your guitar into the Kemper.

That shouldn't be a problem unless you want to use your Soldano's preamp. In that case you could try looking up the four-cable method, and see if it can be used with the Kemper, your amp and your effects.

Hi mate.

Yep I want to use the Soldano so yes I will tray the 4 cable method. If it doesn’t work then the pedal goes back and I will forget about it.

Thank you so much for giving me some tips.

Cheers

Jonathan

What are you trying to get the expression pedal to do?

If you want to control parameters in the Kemper with an expression pedal, the only way I know of doing it, is to plug that pedal into the "Pedal 1" or "Pedal 2" input in the back of your Kemper unit, and then calibrating the pedal (and assign a function to it) in the Kemper's System menu.

Hi mate.

Ok I have the Eventide Tricerachorus and boss dimension c going into the front of the Soldano with the Vemuram Butter machine.

I was hoping to simply use it as a volume pedal and a wah so is it a case of assigning the pedals to the Kemper along with the expression rather than trying to go through the front of the amp?

I’m very lazy and have terrible eyesight little patience and not much spare time. Not a great combination lol.

Ok I am currently running the Kemper through the effects send return on a Soldano Astro 20.

I also have pedals going in the front end of the amp. I tried putting the expression in front of pedals with no joy. Obviously I still have effects running from kemper. Delay reverb etc. I can’t for the life of me find a way of putting the expression pedal into the signal path.

Thank you in anticipation of any help.

Cheers

Johnny

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The USB is going to your computer, i.e. the Kemper is the audio interface! It’s been a feature for the last few OS versions. Best approach in your situation is to profile your Soldano and use the profile in the Kemper for recording, if you’re very tied to the live sound then you can at the same time send a dry (amp-less) signal to your actual Soldano for the whole “in the room” thing, that stuff is in the rig or output settings I believe. Then you can record direct with USB, while hearing your soldano rip live.

That’s a great idea mate.

I think I’m going to mic the cabs up and go interface etc. Thank you so much for your invaluable advice and motivation. I’m going to upload another bedroom jam now. It sounds a little better but obviously not you guys standard

So much noise from the camera mic, the tone sounds like it's pretty great in person but you really should try the USB audio on the Kemper. Works with iPhones too!

O. One more thing. I am using Kemper for effects. No amp etc as I’m using the Soldano. The sound is coming from 2 Mesa Boogie cabs so I’m guessing using the Kemper as an interface won’t work? Am I correct?

So much noise from the camera mic, the tone sounds like it's pretty great in person but you really should try the USB audio on the Kemper. Works with iPhones too!

Hey Brother. Thank you. I will investigate how to use the usb audio. It sounds like it maybe the answer.

Where is the usb going to? Interface ?

I don’t have an interface or pc mate.

I hope it’s something simple lol.

Thank you for helping me out

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This was somewhat better so I heard a Richard Marx song with a solo. :)

Cheers,

Mats N

lol. Hey Mats. There is no pleasing you today Brother. I hope you’re doing great my friend. I am messing around with Kemper and pedals at the moment. Forgive me dumping videos.

Sorry to rain on your parade but the low quality of the video made it impossible to properly hear what you do.

Cheers,

Mats N

External Content youtube.com

Video is private.

Incredible Brother. Dammmmm you have the full house of cards.

I would love to watch and listen to you play.

I hope you’re doing great mate.

Your such an inspiration