Posts by Kellerblues

Nice, for me would be a bit too big.

Just one question: while I understand the preference for external drives/fuzz (so many different ones), why the Zoom Multistomp? There is nothing inside it that can't be done (and better) from the Kemper...

Not criticizing, just curious

Two great guitarists with Billie Jean.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Great! I was hearing yesterday at this guy that do that on 1 guitar....

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is definitely a level that is out of my range...

for me the mbritt profiles work best for live playing with real musicians, but not for playing alone at home or recording.

To my disapointment, yesterday i bought tonejunkie slash inspired profiles, sounds awesome at home, but get lost in the mix in band situation, very frustrating.😫 sounded weak, thin linear with no balls. Mbritt profiles sound at home a little bit dull, but in live Situation with higher volume great. I haven't found a solution to tweak profiles for recording to work in live Situation 😢😫

In many rigs I have saved a treble booster in front and a studio eq in x (mid boost/high cut). This together with with some morph of the amp parameters allows me to adjust on the fly for different playing situations/volumes and for different guitars as well. I honestly use the same rigs in studio, live or at home and they works outstanding for 95% of the situation. For the remaining 5% I build dedicated rigs

By the way, it looks like the hiss can be fixed if a person is willing to open the unit up, r

Seen that, but not worth the hassle, IMO. Really nothing disturbing, you just notice that is on (at home, alone in a very quiet room). Any low wattage tube amp would be the same/louder when you flip on the standby switch (not to mention when you kick on any pedal). This is really an internet-inflated non issue. I've been gigging and recording with a Super Sonic Twin 100W for years (and a couple dozens other tube amps before it) and that beast was hissing like a snake's nest everytime I was hitting Ch.2, the FR-12 is really nothing

Please let us know what you think. I’ve had great luck with my CLR NEO, But always lookin for something better

The CLR is about the only one that I've never had, but it beats hands down any other one. As a reference I had: Blue Amps, L6 PowerCab, DXR-10, EV 12, Mission Engineering 2x12, Laney 2x12 (very impressive, but weight and size are excessive, like a 4x12), HR 108 (this one was so bad!), QSC FR12a, Powered Kabinet, Catalyst 100. The main thing is that it doesn't sounds and feels like a PA speaker, but like an actual amp. Particularly impressive is that it's a closed back speaker, but with the Cab emulation of an open-back one, it really sounds like the back panel dropped off. Same when you use a 4x12, you just can't believe the sound is coming out of this 1x12. I can only recommend at least to try it.

Kellerblues, I was curious how the Fender FR-12 is working out for you after a few weeks? I've seen quite a few people saying it sounds good, but that there's a hiss present and it's loud when playing at lower levels, has this been an issue?

Hi Howard. All good here, still very happy. This thing is a monster, never heard any FR box that reproduce the different emulated cabs like this one does. The punch and the low freq gives really the feel of a real cab and the on-board EQ makes the setup for a different room a matter of 2 minutes. The hiss is there, but for me absolutely negligeable (a real amp is worse), measured in my studio at 32-34dB (3' distance) with ambience noise of 30dB. Even if you play at room level (65dB) you don't hear it. Heck, even the strings noise is a lot louder then that. Still, it looks like some box has a louder hiss the others, so it would be better to try it in the shop first