Posts by Mats_Nermark

I heard a tune on the TV one day and the style and the general groove of the tune stayed with me when I next sat down to write a tune of my own. So this is the result of that inspiration.

Hope you enjoy it!

Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

Cheers,

Mats N

They are what make us what we are - a lifetime of personally-unique inspirations all mashed up together. Each served its purpose and was what we needed at the time. This cannot be undone, and nor should it be even if it were possible IMHO. That would be to deny who we are.

I don't know how old you are, but you are wise beyond your years!

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

I've been following Kingsley amps for many years and the creator/owner/designer Simon Jarret is a really good and tasteful guitar player with really nice sounds. So I've been thinking of getting a few of his pedals.

Then I got an email from Selah Sounds about his 50% sale on the Kingsley Bastion 40 profile pack. What I had tried previously from Selah Sounds had been good but nothing I didn't really have so I was semi-interested but went to his web site to check. My interest peaked when I read that Simon Jarret himself had been helping in the profiling process and I decided to get them.

They are really good. The cleans give me really dynamic and warm sounds for my strat (think Chris Rea and John Mayer) and the HB profiles gave me a cool clean sound when I pulled down the gain and some really nice D-style ODS sounds. I have the D-pack from MBritt and Norbury's D-style packs and I sometimes find the MBritt profiles too fat in the midrange (sort of hard to get the right dynamics on both neck and bridge pickups) and the Norbury not fat enough which makes them harder to play dynamically. The Bastion profiles come right in the middle and works great for both neck and bridge HB.

Cheers,

Mats N

Larry still managed several short cameos during the lead break I hear, Mats, the persistent bugger that he is. You'll have to start paying him session fees at some point 'cause he ain't gonna do it for free forever... or is he? :D

Nice one, mate. 8):thumbup:

Hey MM!

You're too funny! But I do enjoy it. So, how to escape my influences? I don't know if I can.

Cheers,

Mats N

Mats, well done, very cool tune! Thanks for sharing.

The sound and atmosphere especially with the clean guitars remind me immediately a bit of Miles Davis' Tutu album.... one of my alltime favourites. Very pleasant mix by the way.

Hi Deadman!

Thanks for the compliment. To be mentioned in the same sentence as Miles Davis is no small thing for me.

I also appreciate you noticing the mix. This tune was actually very hard to mix.

Cheers,

Mats N

When I published a funk tune some time ago on The Gear Page a fellow forum member, Jim Parry, said it was like "floating on the funk". I thought that would be an excellent title for a funk tune, so I asked Jim for permission to use it. He said yes and I just let my creativity flow.

Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

Cheers,

Mats N

Difference is an acoustic sim is not practical for every person. Some never have a need for one.

Equally true for an editor. Some never have a need for one. Like me!

What is interesting is why we all spend (= waste) our time debating the use or priority of an editor for anyone when we all probably would sound VERY much better if we spent that time practising?

I will now fire up my KPA and have FUN!

Cheers,

Mats N

The editor is useful to every single user.

I would debate this statement! I would live happily ever after without an editor. I love the user interface. It's easy and it's logical.

There are many things I'd rather have than an editor. More OD stomps, a more characterful compressor, a Boss DC-3 fx and a synth block.

But I do understand that there are many users who would want an editor should it present itself and according to Kemper it will. I've now been in fairly regular contact with the guys at Kemper for many years and I know that they are trying their very best to follow the priorities of their user base.

Having said all this, I will not be surprised if I started using the editor once it arrives as Christoph Kemper has a way of surprising me with the way he and his merry band of wizards interpret and present things.

Cheers,

Mats N

Hey guys!

Glad you like my findings. Sometimes I like to use the gain morph quite obviously but the really cool part is that you can use it very subtly as I did here on this track the clean and the semi clean on the first two verses are the same rig where I just changed pick up selection on my guitar and worked the gain.

Moderator Notice:

Cheers,

Mats N