Skate Hall - me playing drop tune and heavey?!? - inspired by Joe Collins

• I almost never play metal or heavier rock. But when I was asked to make a film soundtrack with a heavy sound and many contrasting parts I thought it would be a good time to do the heavy thing.

I took a lot of inspiration from all I've heard from our very own Joe Collins. So if you read this Joe, thanks for the inspiration!

Guitars playing chords: PRS McCarty recorded direct using a Kemper.

All other guitars including weird sounds: James Tyler Studio Elite recorded direct using a Fender Tone Master Pro.

There are no synths on this track at all!

Drums: Superior Drummer 3

Percussion: NI Kontakt 7

Hope you'll find it interesting!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Mats_Nermark

Changed the title of the thread from “Skate Hall - me playing drop tune and heavey?!?” to “Skate Hall - me playing drop tune and heavey?!? - inspired by Joe Collins”.
  • Sounds like it would fit well with some hard core Anime. Something along the lines of Aeon Flux stuff. Song has really nice flavors to move with a good story line.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Well that was unexpected! Really nice to hear how you explore different genres. Makes me think of cyberpunk scenes, got that hardcore futuristic soundtrack vibe.

• Sounds like it would fit well with some hard core Anime. Something along the lines of Aeon Flux stuff. Song has really nice flavors to move with a good story line.

Thanks! Never heard of Aeon Flux but will google it asap.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Well that was unexpected! Really nice to hear how you explore different genres. Makes me think of cyberpunk scenes, got that hardcore futuristic soundtrack vibe.

Thanks, Per!

It was totally unexpected on my end as well. But musically, I try to stay open for anything.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Very well done Mats, great dark ambiance here, almost industrial , great tone design on the guitars , synths and hard drums.

Thanks, Renaud!

But there are no synths in this tune. Only Drums, bass and lots of weird guitars.

Cheers,

Mats N