Posts by Songwritersoul

Well I did the W7 update, which was actually 133 since I hadn't done any in quite a while.....and........wait for it..........................IT WORKED! ;)

I hate doing updates because sometimes they screw up other stuff like my Pro Tools rig, but this worked perfectly and as far as I can tell, it didn't screw up Pro Tools either.

Thanks very much guys. Love it when a fix is this simple. Usually I have to go down a pretty deep rabbit hole before I get issues like this fixed so nice to have an easy one once in a while.

cheers,

Steve

Hi guys,

Haven't posted here in quite a while so I'm not exactly up on the latest of news etc.

A few days ago, I updated RM and my profiler power rack to the latest versions and now there is no communication happening between the profiler and RM.

I'm on Win7 pro 64 bit.

I've looked in device manager and there is the yellow exclamation mark next to the Kemper and the details says:

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

I've uninstalled it twice and deleted all Kemper files in Windows before reinstalling so not sure what's up.

Does this mean that the driver is not installing or what? Never had this happen before so not sure what to try next.

thanks,

Steve

Thanks for checking it out guys. I don't have much experience with video editing so it was fun and challenging to try and put it together in a way that it at least kind of grooves with the music. Of course, as with all projects, there are about a dozen things I would like to change....but :)

Hi guys,

Finished editing my first "real" music video for a song off my sort of new album. The animator took over a year longer than promised, but finally got the animation back recently and edited the hell out of it until it resembled something
    in the ball park of a music video. All the guitars on this song and my album were done with the Kemper going direct.
    Hope you like it. I think it's not bad for $250 and some editing time on my end.

thanks,
    steve
    https://youtu.be/leND_gDbMII

Yes, the pitch pedal can be used in a similar way - you don't actually specify the percentage of the pedal movement that "ignores" pitch change.

I have an old ernie ball exp pedal, but there are no springs and not much tension so sometimes the whammy or other effect will turn on if I'm not super careful to make sure the pedal is 100% in the heel position. I'm hoping a newer/better pedal will prevent this from happening.

Hi guys,

Just ordered a Kemper remote and looking at various exp pedal options, but I have one main question I need answered before buying one.
    I am NOT playing in a band or touring etc.-just writing and recording in my studio.
    I want a good quality pedal, but it doesn't have to be built to sustain a direct hit from a drone strike.
    My question is this: Can I set the Kemper or remote ups so that when an exp pedal is in the heel position an effect, like whammy, is off and then once I move the pedal past, let's say 10%, the whammy turns on and I can use the whammy effect with the remaining 95% throw range in the exp pedal?

I want to be able to play a riff with no effects, then use the whammy just for a quick note, then go back to no effects etc. without having to step on a momentary switch first to engage the whammy.

Can the Kemper be set up this way and if so, what would you recommend for just a decent pedal for studio use?

thank you,
    Steve

I hear you guys...all of you. All valid points. Problem is, I really think this guy thinks the Kemper sounds like a POD or is on the same level etc. I think he's about 50% troll and 50% talking based on confirmation bias because everything he's listened to so far, he's known it was a Kemper clip to begin with. We all know how confirmation bias can affect out opinions.
    Anyhoo, it's no big deal. I was just hoping there was a great blind a/b test out there I could toss his way so maybe he could realize how hard it is to tell the real thing from the Kemper or how different beasts the Kemper and POD are. I'd actually be interested for my own test to see if I could pick the kemper blindly. :) There are some good video shootouts out there, but so far, the only ones I've found show which one you're listening to.
    Time for bed so maybe I'll just let him go on in ignorance blissfully shunning anything without a tube in it.

cheers,
    steve

I would rather enjoy my Kemper than spend energy trying to convince a stranger that it's good.

Its like the the old saying "pearls before swine"

Normally I would agree with you, but I guess in this case, I let him under my skin a bit.
    Someone started an innocent thread talking about how they got rid of their tube amps because they were so happy with the Kemper
    and this guy just basically said the Kemper sounds like a POD. Usually I can let this kind of stuff go because there are always trolls out looking to stir it up, but
    this one has been extra annoying and I'm hoping to find a great blind shootout to shut him up. Pointless I know, but I am human. :)

Hi guys,

I normally don't get into debates on forums with random people, but as it is, I've found myself a troll who says that every clip from the Kemper sounds like a POD.I've owned a lot of Line6 gear over the years and imo, no POD I've ever played even came close to the tone and feel of the Kemper.
    I'm wanting to find a great, well-produced video or audio clip BLIND comparison that I can present to him and see if he can tell the tube amp from the Kemper.
    I know this is probably futile, but I want to have him call him out on his nonsense and see if he can pick the real amp from the Kemper.
    So, if any of you have a link to a great blind a/b or a/b/c shootout with the Kemper and a real amp and maybe another modeler etc., please share it.

thanks,
    Steve

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Stay Metal!

Thanks for the clip. On this example, I think I like the Torpedo example least and the real amp the best, but who knows how much it's skewed because I know what is what when listening. I see in the pic that the Torpedo live was used and not the studio. From what I've read, the studio is a little bit different animal with a little better components. Don't know if that means the end result is a better sound or not as I have yet to demo one. As is, I think the real clip is the clearest, punchiest and most alive sounding one, but the other two aren't a hugely "worse". Maybe some subtle eqing would get them closer.

Anyone out there have experience with the Torpedo studio?

tks

Hi everyone,

I'm toying with the idea of saving up for a Friedman BE100 and a Torpedo Studio and am curious if any of you have had both of those pieces of gear side by side with the Kemper for comparison?
    I may go the Sweetwater route and buy both so I can compare them here at home to my Kemper, but I'm a few bucks away from pulling the trigger at this point and am hoping some of you have already done this. I love the Kemper and used it exclusively on my last album, but there were times when I felt like the interaction between the guitar and the amp/cab was missing a touch of that "live" vibe. It always sounds great, but I'm wondering if the two notes with a live amp would produce a slightly more living, breathing track as an end result.

Anyone?

cheers,
    Steve

Enjoyed the music thank you! Is the info about conditioning fleas true? and about the offspring?

Thanks for checking it out and YES, it's actually true about fleas. There are a few videos on Youtube showing the experiment. The whole song is basically a metaphor on the human race and a commentary on how we are conditioned in our beliefs and actions by our schools, our mainstream media and our governments. The "rebel" fleas are throwing a big party the night before they're all going to try and jump through the sky and see what happens. Be careful what you believe. It may be limiting you is the message. :) Thanks for listening.

Hi guys,

This song is one of my favorites off my new album mainly just because of the groove. I think the guitars came out great on this one and they're all Kemper . ( I think it was MW Rok Pak combined with Till's Chimera)

Skip passed the long flea psychology intro and get to the rock if it bores you. Hope you like it. :)
    http://www.stevenwhitaker.rocks/lyrics/s/of_fleas_and_men

Thanks for listening and would love any constructive criticism/feedback too.
    Steve

Up until 1:20 I thought I was listening to David Gilmour singing on a latter-day Pink Floyd track. Beautiful, mate.

-djh

Thanks man. When I was recording it, I noticed that the intro section, at least, have a PF vibe to it. Hopefully it doesn't sound like a ripoff. That's just how my voice sounds when I'm singing low and soft. Thanks for listening.

I think it was just a misunderstanding in context due to the language barrier. I didn't understand his comment at first either. No worries. Peace :)

Wow! Thanks man! I busted my ass for a year working on that album so it's great to know that it resonates with at least a few people on the planet. :) If you bought the mp3 download and would like the wav files to rip a cd, pm me and I'll send them to you via wetransfer.

thanks for your support,
    Steve

Thanks for the plug Gary and thanks for checking out my songs. Now go tell 800,000 of your closest friends to go buy my album so I can quit running up stairs delivering QVC boxes to stay at home soccer moms for a living. :)
    Thanks to everyone for taking the time to check out the video. My biggest hope when making the video is that it makes more people stop and think the next time our politicians are telling us we need to invade this country or bomb that country etc. We hear about a drone strike on the evening news and then move on to sports. I just want people to really think about what is going on on a deeper level.

thank you,
    Steve

[/quote]

I guess he's saying he doesn't understand (fully) the words...I don't think he is putting a discredit on an anti war message. just my call...[/quote]

I think you're right. Like when I'm trying to speak spanish with someone who is fluent. I pick out about every 4th word they say. :)

Thank you for checking it out. I'm hoping to make some small dent in my government's seemingly consistent push and bullying for a proxy war in Ukraine against Russia.
    I would like to not see WW3 in my lifetime.