Posts by DonPetersen

I also rely on IEM only, but am thinking of bringing an extra monitor for some speaker-strings interaction. Can be very helpful, if you‘re as mediocre as I am 😂.

you'd need a seriously high level of stage sound to get excitation of strings - which completely defeats at least one purpose of IEM, influences the FOH sound and can keep the band from being booked again these days.

theplayer

drumloop @126bpm
    RIG Tempo @126bpm
    preset 'The Edge Pong 5/16'

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

theplayer Please post a recording. Play to a metronome that is set to the correct tempo for the delay settings. As others have stated, keeping the tempo to the beat and not falling into the delay is crucial for the desired effect.

it is my suspicion also that this is the key issue.

theplayer
    without a recording against a click track or drumloop at the right tempo this thread cannot progress.

I have put 2 delays in a rig: one in Stomp and the second in the fx section. Both of them I got in the 3/16 (8 dot) note value. I checked both Tempo boxes for this. Delay 1 left is set to 352 ms with a 70% mix and the right delay is set to 523 ms with a 50% mix.

that doesn't make sense:
    1) I wouldn't put the delays in series.
    2) if both delays are set to 3/16ths in the same rig, they have the identical delay time. Is that a typo above?

playing convincing U2 guitar lines is no small feat. setting up the delay(s) is just one piece of the puzzle. I takes rock solid timing and consistency.
    just playing simple 8th notes with a dotted 8th note delay isn't as simple as it sounds.

Low Pass between 80- 100 and keep the high pass under control too eg, somewhere between 5000-5500hz. This gives a more natural speaker response.

you mixed up lowpass and highpass ;)
    additionally in PROFILER terminology these are called Low Cut (=highpass) and High Cut (lowpass)

the 'natural' speaker response comes from the CABINET, this band-limited (if you will) signal gets repeated by the delay. You should use the delay's Low Cut and High Cut to further shape the sound, to make it different from the dry signal.

Leaving these at their defaults (20.6Hz and 33488.1Hz) gives you the exact sound of the amp/speaker.

OK! This is all new for me!! I managed to get this done and took an empty slot. Now back to My Profiler I see that this delay is placed in the Stomp section and not in the Delay section of Effects. ....

use the COPY and PASTE buttons.

select the delay in the STOMPS slot, press COPY (PASTE starts blinking),
    select the desired slot in EFFECTS and press PASTE.

now disable/remove the delay from the STOMPS

I have just one Legacy delay with a Note Value 1 of 3/16 (1/8) dot. It's just an ordinary delay and doesn't come near. I see several youtubes on the internet about this delay settings but they all are shown with other equipment amd pedals.. It's a compare between two different explanations, word use and units...

2. "There is the temptation to want to play in time with the dElay you hear, which obviously defeats the effect. I'd suggest settinG to dotte-8ths, (as paulTs suggests) but "tap tempo" your pulse

^^^ this is key.
    If you set a delay to 3/16ths (=dotted 8th) and play without any guide (metronome, drums etc.) you will most likely shift your tempo, so the delays will be even 8th or quarter notes.

You need a metronome, or even better a drumloop at the right tempo to play over. Put that tempo into the RIG setting, set up the delay (3/16ths and 5/16ths are nice) and play.

At first the delays will feel a little weird - concentrate, stay in tempo and try to get a feel for this.

Hi, it seems like my bass guitar is too quiet for the profiler.
    I dont understand why... Its and active humbucker bass, battery is fresh out of the box. In my Focusrite Scarlett Solo I have a nice signal with line in.
    on my profiler it only gives a quiet tone if I literally hammer the string.
    is there any hidden setting which is only for basses? X/

what does the INPUT LED of the PROFILER do?

Thanks. Where are these amps? I have none of these in my list. If I go to build a new rig and choose the amp block, these are not in that list.

Î think you are confusing actual Rigs and the 'Amp Models' list in the AMP slot.

These let you choose the tonstack/gain behaviour - this was part of an addition called Liquid Profiling.
    https://www.kemper-amps.com/ne…-PROFILING-meets-modeling

In the PROFILER, you don't go to the amp block an scroll through the amp models etc. this is not a modeler.
    You choose a PROFILE of the amp you are looking for.