Posts by davec69

The lock feature comes in handy for me when browsing newly purchased profiles. After I buy a batch of new profiles, I'll load each one into the Kemper and pick out the ones that I like. After that, I'll bring up one of my favorite rigs and lock the cabinet. Then i load up all the newly purchased profiles a second time. You'll be surprised at how many of the profiles that you didn't like with the original cabinet, sound great with your favorite cabinet. Sometimes I'll even do more passes through the new profiles trying different locked cabinets from my other favorite rigs.

Has anyone created a decent sitar effect on their Kemper, using the internal effects? I'm going to give it a shot tonight, but I thought I'd check here first, or possibly get some ideas on how to accomplish this.

I'm not seeing how any of this would apply. Maybe I wasn't quite clear.

Kemper wouldn't be selling the profiles, the makers of the profiles would.

What I'm thinking is that commercial profile makers could be given their own folder which appears in RM just like the Rig Exchange folder. The profile makers would populate the folders with their profiles, not Kemper. Those folders and profiles could then be made available to KPA users either for purchase or on a subscription basis, where only those who subscribed with the profile maker had access. This could be part of or totally separate from the profile makers offerings on their own website.

I'm afraid those dreaded hipsters are here to stay........... Matter a fact, if you're using a KPA, consider yourself among them.... :thumbup:

Another +1 here.

Yes. I understand that you can put rigs in rig manager now. If you own every commercial rig already, then being able to purchase them directly in RM probably wouldn't help you. My guess is that many people don't already own the myriad of commercial profiles available.

Many companies have already gone to a similar format in their products. Line 6, Amplitube, Eventide, and others already allow you to purchase addons, presets and such directly in their applications.

I'm not sure what it would take to incorporate a demo mode, or even if it's possible, but I don't think it's out side the realm of possibilites. Even an audio demo inside RM would be great in my opinion.

No worries, I'm sure the nice folks at Kemper aren't scrambling to include this in the next version of RM, it's just submitted for discussion.

Just thinking out loud........I'd love to see commercial profile access added to Rig Manager, in the future.

Folders from some of the companies making commercial profiles like TAF, Soundside, and others showing up right in Rig manager alongside of the Rig Exchange folder.

Rig exchange is already up and running, so maybe it could also be used to securely host profiles from the commercial makers which would then be available for purchase and or subscription basis and possibly demo right in Rig manager, as soon as they become available.

Just a thought........

I haven't noticed any muffled sound, but I noticed that the volume on some of my rigs were drastically different. Using the Rig manager to quickly scroll through rigs, just made this more apparent.

After a little searching, I found that the master volume setting was fine, but the saved volume pedal settings on some rigs were really low. Not sure if it's relevant, but FYI.

In one of the videos, the guy said that it has a mode to allow you to place the drums where you want, just by making a hit in the air to tell the system where you want the drum to be triggered. If that's the case, you could place the drums anywhere you want. Right to left....left to right, or stacked vertically if you want. As long as you hit that same spot each time, you will trigger the correct drum assigned to that location in space.

I'd be interested in the answer to this question as well.

I play mostly clean to slight breakup rigs. Mostly commercial rigs, and ever time I try to add a fuzz or distortion stomp, it boosts the volume way too much. Even with the stomp volume at it's lowest volume setting.

It's really not a big deal for me since I prefer getting my gain from the rigs, but I'd like to be able to add a fuzz or distortion stomp on occasion.

I've fiddled with the clean sense, but it only seems to help slightly. Tonight I'll try removing everything from the stomp and fx slots and see if that helps.