Posts by Tilman

@dmatthews

If you use the Camplifier 290 set at 70-100% volume you will utilize only 70-90watts (at the stereo channels) ; that is if your KPA levels are set to 100%.

In reality, I think, you are utilizing only about 60 watts or so , and you seem to be at gig volume already.

That might tell you that you don`t really need 200 watts or more ; even if the speaker is rated at this power level.

However, if you feel you need it - I think a 200-300 watts amplifier (@ 4 ohms) will be a good choice.

Hi Kemper enthusiasts,

due to many requests we now offer the famous Camplifier S2 (2x25 watts stereo ; capable of powering 4-16 ohms cabinets) in a small pedal size like format.

You can put it next to your Profiler Stage or even behind the speaker cabinet.

It uses the same technology as our Camplifier S2 does, except it comes with a On/OFF switch which is led for easy indication.

You can purchase the Guitar Board Amp 50 in the shop here :

GBA50 shop !

Have fun,

Tilman

[Blocked Image: https://shop.ritteramps.de/217…oyee=1&theme=&theme_font=]

[Blocked Image: https://shop.ritteramps.de/218-thickbox_default/gba50.jpg]

https://shop.ritteramps.de

Hi Kemper enthusiasts,

due to many requests we now offer the famous Camplifier S2 (2x25 watts stereo ; capable of powering 4-16 ohms cabinets) in a small pedal size like format.

You can put it next to your Profiler Stage or even behind the speaker cabinet.

It uses the same technology as our Camplifier S2 does, except it comes with a On/OFF switch which is led for easy indication.

You can purchase the Guitar Board Amp 50 in the shop here :

GBA50 shop !

Have fun,

Tilman

[Blocked Image: https://shop.ritteramps.de/217-thickbox_default/gba50.jpg?live_configurator_token=86f8b79318146794cc870f8de7ff7edd&id_shop=1&id_employee=1&theme=&theme_font=]

[Blocked Image: https://shop.ritteramps.de/218-thickbox_default/gba50.jpg]

Hi Dchristo,

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Camplifier.

The cut outs are the self protection circuit of the amplifier.

If currents or temperatures internally get to high, the amplifier will shut off until temperature gets lower or currents have declined.

Unfortunately Kemper decided to offer their Kone in a 4 ohms version only. A 4 ohms load will run on much higher current at peaks than an 8 ohms load.

If you crank up the volume and hit the string hard, current spikes will trigger the protection circuit.

The Camplifier S2 is advertized as a small amplifier for home and studio use ; not for band rehearsal loudness levels.

For these applications we offer the larger units, such as the 280 or SHP.

The reason why you might have had more loudness with the guitar cabinet is that it might have been higher in impedance (so lower current spikes at high volumes) and that the loudspeaker you have used was much more efficient than the Kone.

You say you have used the Eminence 8 ohm Delta Pro before. This is a VERY efficient speaker !! 99,8dB/Wm !!

There are no efficiencies mentioned on the Kemper site for the Kone speaker.

Since this is more a PA speaker than a guitar speaker, efficiencies might be much lower than those of a guitar speaker and lower than the Delta . I am not sure about that though - I really don`t know.

A guitar speaker usually offers 96-104dB/W/m - meaning you will get 96-104dB sound pressure with one watt of amplifier power , one meter in front of the speaker.

A low efficiency speaker, say 92dB/W/m, will need 4 times !!! the power to get the to the same loudness as a 98dB/W/m speaker!!!

It is as if you amplifier power is cut in half and then cut in half again.

Although the S2 still pumps out 25watts per channel, it feels like a 6watts amplifier, compared to the speaker cabinet loaded with a 98dB/W/m speaker chassis.

Solutions :

- cut bass

- don`t play as loud

- install two Kones into a 2x12" and wire it to 8ohms. You will get about 3dB loudness increase from the membrane surface doubling and current skies will be lower because of the 8 ohms.

- invest in a higher power Camplifier 280 or SHP

I have many S2 customers that report that they can get to good playing levels (home, studio or small rehearsal/gig) with to Kones an the Camplifier S2. That tells me that the S2 is doing what is is designed for if it is run within its design specifications.

I hope that helps,

Tilman

I currently own an unpowered a Kemper head.

I have a 4x12 Marshall cabinet and I am thinking of putting four Kones in it, when they’re available.

Taking the ohms and watts of the Kone into consideration, which amplifiers would be recommended with this setup? I would like to have enough output/power to “entertain” the entire neighbourhood ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

thank you

Since you own a Kemper "toaster", I recommend a Camplifier 280. This unit will fit into the back cavity of your Toaster and will deliver 280watts RMS to your 4x12" cabinet. You can wire the 4 x 4 ohms chassis to a total cabinet impedance of 4 ohms (2xKone in series parallel to the other Kone pair which are wired in series too).

The Camplifier power amp is a linear and neutral power amplifier without any extra EQ and stuff, which could cause extra phase issues. You have all the EQ controls you need on the Kemper. There is no need for an extra EQ at the power amplifier in my opinion.

Cheers, Tilman

Hello Kemper community,

my name is Tilman Ritter.

I am the owner of "RITTER Amplification" , which is a small company located in Dresden Germany that produces amplifier modules, for the use with the KPA, the Profiler Stage and other modeling solutions for electric guitar.

Some of you might know our products under the name of "Camplifier" or "Guitar Board Amp".

Since Kemper introduced their "Kemper Kone" speaker this year, we got many requests about or products, mainly asking if they are suitable for powering the Kemper Kone speaker or not.

Some questions come up again and again, which makes them "frequently asked questions", I guess.

I will try to answer some of them here hoping, that this will help the community :

FAQs :

FAQ 1 : Can I use Camplifier / GBA Model X to drive the Kemper Kone speaker or not ?

This question mostly relates to the Kone speakers impedance (which is 4 ohms) and its max. power handling (which is 200watts).

Answer for our current models :

Our current models are :

Camplifier (to be intalled into an unpowered KPA toaster) :

Camplifier STUDIO 1x25 watts mono : YES ! The STUDIO can handle 4 ohms loads and is suitable for home and studio use, where no loud drummer is present.

Camplifier S2 2x25 watts stereo : YES ! The S2 can handle 2x4 ohms loads and is suitable for home and studio use, where no loud drummer is present.

Camplifier 280 1x280 watts mono : YES ! The 280 can handle 4 ohms loads and will deliver more than enough power for very loud Rock/Metal bands and loud drummers.

Camplifier SHP 2x140 watts stereo or 1x280 watts mono : YES ! The SHP can handle 4 ohms loads on each of its speaker channels and will deliver more than enough power for very loud Rock/Metal bands and loud drummers.

GBA (Guitar Board Amp) which can amplify the Profiler Stage , a KPA Rack or any other line level modeling device:

GBA 50 2x25 watts stereo :YES ! The S2 can handle 2x4 ohms loads and is suitable for home and studio use, where no loud drummer is present.

GBA 280 1x280 watts mono : YES ! The 280 can handle 4 ohms loads and will deliver more than enough power for very loud Rock/Metal bands and loud drummers.

GBA SHP 2x140 watts stereo or 1x280 watts mono : YES ! The SHP can handle 4 ohms loads on each of its speaker channels and will deliver more than enough power for very loud Rock/Metal bands and loud drummers.

Our legacy models :

Camplifier 180 1x180 watts mono : NO! The 180 minimum load is 8 ohms and it will have problems with the Kemper Kone.

Solution for this problem :

- Install two Kemper Kone into a 2x12" cabinet and wire them in series. The cabinets total impedance will then be 8 ohms and you can use your Camplifier 180.

- Send the 180 to us an we can modify it to handle 4 ohms loads BUT power will be reduced to 90 watts "only"

Camplifier 290 2x90 watts stereo + 1 x 180 watts mono : YES ! The 290 can handle 4 ohms loads on each of its stereo speaker channels and will deliver more than enough power for very loud Rock/Metal bands and loud drummers. You can not use the bridged output on a single Kemper Kone speaker though.

If you have to have the full 180 watts, we recommend going the 2x12" route as mentioned above.

Camplifier 360 2x180 watts stereo : NO! The 360s minimum load is 8 ohms and it will have problems with the Kemper Kone.

Solution to this problem :

- Install two Kemper Kone into a 2x12" cabinet and wire them in series. The cabinets total impedance will then be 8 ohms and you can use your Camplifier 360.

- Send the 360 to us an we can modify it to handle 4 ohms loads BUT power will be reduced to 2x90 watts "only"

FAQ 2 : Can I run a single cabinet only on one channel of a stereo Camplifier or GBA, such as the Camplifier S2 , SHP, GBA SHP and GBA 50?

YES!! All our products will run happily with no load connected to its speaker outs all day long. It does not matter if you connect one cabinet, two cabinets or even no cabinet to it.

FAQ 3 : Your current models deliver up to 280 watts. Will I blow my Kemper Kone, which can handle max. 200 watts with it ?

If you turn up everything all the way up and strum your guitar as hard as you can for quite some time - yes - you could blow the speaker.

Lets be real though. Firstly, you might be deaf before the speaker actually blows and secondly : think about all the powered KPAs out there, they can deliver 600 watts!!

I do not know any guitar cabinet that can handle this sort of power, but still - thousands of guitar players all over the world are powering their cabinets with it. Have you heard about blown speakers a lot ? I have not.

In real live, this is no issue. I know people who power their 1x12" Blue Alnico 15 watts cabinet with the 600 watts KPA and don`t blow their speaker.

You will find our current amplifier products here Shop !

Best regards,

Tilman

Hello Kemper enthusiasts !

we just introduced new pedal sized amplifier units, which will fit perfectly to your Kemper stage or other digital guitar floor processors.

They contain the same amplifier technology as our larger Camplifier products for the Kemper toaster, so they offer proven transparent sound quality (we ship Camplifiers since 2012 all over the world).

Specs are basically the same as our current Camplifier 280 (280 watts mono) and Camplifier SHP (280watts mono or 2x140watts stereo).

Universal mains.

No internal fan.

With dimensions of only 85x130x230mm and 1800 grams weight they are easy to carry around and can be fitted on a pedal board ; if required.

For more information please have a look here .

[Blocked Image: https://digitalguitargear.com/GBA/GBA-stereo.jpg]

Thank you !

Tilman

Hi guys,

I am sure many of you are aware of the add on amplifier modules "Camplifier" for the un-powered KPA toaster.
    We started to offer these units 5 years ago, and shipped many hundred units to KPA users all over the world.

Since Mr. Kemper came out with the Rack - KPA , people were asking about "a Camplifier for my new Rack KPA ?".
    We did not offer such solution for several reasons, the most important being production capacity and work shop space issues.

That is a thing of the past now and I am happy to announce our new "Camplifier-RACK" series.

These units contain exactly the same technology as the Toaster-Camplifiers, so sound quality is no issue and has been proven hundreds of times for over 5 years now.
    We managed to install all of this into a 1U / 1HE rack unit with a depth of 25cm only. This unit will happily fit into racks and flight cases designed for the KPA.

The only technical difference to the Toaster-version (except the housing) is the voltage selector, which is installed into the new Camplifer-Rack as a standard feature.
    This means all Camplifier-Rack units are ready for your next world tour, just as the KPA is :-).

Descriptions on the web site are not perfect yet, but if you want to check the new units out, please go ahead here :
    http://digitalguitargear.com/camplifier-rack/

Thank you and have a nice weekend !
    Tilman
    [Blocked Image: ftp://[email protected]/digitalguitargear.com/Bilder/CampRack01.jpg][Blocked Image: http://digitalguitargear.com/Bilder/CampRack01.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://digitalguitargear.com/Bilder/CampRack02.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://digitalguitargear.com/Bilder/Back%20All.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://digitalguitargear.com/Bilder/Rack%20290%20switch%20shop.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://digitalguitargear.com/Bilder/Rack%20power%20switch.jpg]

Hi James,

thank you for your input.

First of all, I did not receive an email from you yesterday (I receive many mails to this address from other users all the time).

All the other functions you have described work fine here (currency switch, contact form).

The only thing that I can comprehend at the monent is the credit card payment IF you did not set the shop to "Euro".
    Credit card payments can be received in Euro only at the moment.

I know it sounds lame, but I think there is something "special" happening with your computer, browser or setting.

I receive questions through the contact form quite frequently and take orders in the shop almost every day....

However, I will check that with other customers and friends from other countries.

Thanks again!
    Tilman

(If anyone from KPA / Ritter chimes in - your website is very glitchy from UK, to the point you may be losing custom. Let me know if you want any more details).

Hello James,

thanks for the info !
    It is hard for me to get what you mean, because all sites :

www.kpa-solutions.com
    www.shop.ritteramps.de
    www.ritteramps.com

run perfectly fine from here (Germany).
    Even if I ask Google or other site speed tools - they report that the sites are quick and fast....[url='http://www.ritteramps.com']

Tilman

Sounds good :) !!

Most likely the filter capacitors.
    Is the amp old ?
    If so, some power supply ripple filter capacitiors might have given up and can cause this kind of problem.

If this is the case, the overall hum level usually increases too.
    Bring it to the amp tech and have them exchanged. Be careful if you want to do this yourself. Filter capacitors in tube amps can hold high voltage for quite a while.

Tilman

I just got my Camplifier S2. Although it has limited Watts, I wasn't concerned because I've been using a Mesa 20/20P for years and it is plenty loud. The Camplifier S2 is no different. It was a simple and perfect installation. I called up the GT 12 Merged Profile from the factory rigs and turned OFF the cabinet and had a beautiful perfect clean sound just like I had the amp running in stereo through my EVM 12 guitar speakers. If anyone is on the fence about this product, I give it a full thumbs up, wonderful product. I now have a lightweight amp head (or actually hundreds of them) and all I need to do is carry along one or two speaker cabinets. I will use this mainly for small jazz gigs and jam sessions and it is a better solution than anything I've ever used in my life.

Thanks to Ritter Amplification (and of course Kemper Amps)

Dave

Thank you, Dave, for your kind review of your Camplifier S2 !!
    I am glad you like our product.

BTW :

Here is a short video from Mr. Bond in which he explains a "hidden" feature of the unit (at least one that is not obvious if you look on the faceplate).

The feature is this :

If you connect the upper signal input only, you will get an amplified copy of that signal on both speaker outs.
    This way you can connect two cabinets and have them run at up to 50W (2x25W) in mono.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmb0TPpbb9E

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Tilman

Hi,

this is a frequently asked question and I have to admit that I get confused by that myself a lot 8) .
    Marco (Gitarrenschlumpf) is the real expert at this at KPA Solutions.

However, what I know for sure is that users with 2 traditional cabinets and a stereo Camplifier (S2,290 or 360) often use both Main Outs to send a stereo signal to the Camplifier.
    This works fine in most situations.
    The only drawback is, that the Main OUT is not that "free" anymore if one would like to use it for the FoH simultaneously.
    If the KPAs volume would be altered to adjust stage volume, the FoH level would change too.

In the real world this is no major drawback, in my opinion, because not many players use stereo effects on stage and even if they do, the PA and FoH almost never uses a stereo signal, because only people in the center of the audience would experience that. The audience on the right or left would only hear half of the story.

On stage, you could than send the signal to the Camplifier mono from the Monitor OUT and the Camplifier will power the two cabinets with the same signal (mono).

The Camplifiers are used to power traditional cabs in most cases (I would say 95%).
    Since we have introduced the Camper Plus kits (1x12" FRFR or GFR cabinets) more and more users use the Camplifier to power them.

Tilman

For the Camplifier STUDIO (mono) those are the correct specifications :

25W clean power @ 8 ohms
    16W clean power @ 4 ohms
    13W clean power @ 16 ohms

As mentioned on the web site and in the web store.
    I can see why this is a bit confusing, and the power @4 ohms is actually much higher than 25W, but those specifications mean "clean power continuously".

There is an internal thermal (current) protection inside the amplifier, which will reduce power if a certain current / temperature is reached.
    Current, and therefore temperature, will rise faster @ 4ohms than @ 8ohms.
    That is why the power to the continuous power to he speaker is higher @ 8ohms.

However, for the applications the STUDIO and S2 are designed for (home,studio and rather small venues) power levels are more than sufficient.
    This it what users kindly report back to me frequently.

Tilman

"Is 'early next week' already over?"

Yes, please accept my apologies. :/

The order volume of the other Camplifier models spiked tremendously, since the Camplifier S2 announcement.
    As if people were afraid that the S2 would replace all other models - the day it comes out. :huh:

I can assure you, this will not be the case.

The S2 will be in the shop before the weekend. Big promise ! :saint:

Tilman