Posts by JuLai

I was investigating some Pete's strangely behaving Marshall '72 profiles and stumbled accidentally on some nice tone. After tweaks had to make a clip with it. 1 profile, 2 guitar tracks (SG RI).

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Works for me. :thumbup: What do you think?

Played some more with mixing that '72 Marshall with cab taken from other profile and stumbled in some cool sound. Shows the Kemper's flexibility once more. :thumbup:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

@Garrincha, I just checked these and have the same experience. I've put some '70 and '74 directly as favorites, but '72 sound unusable as they are from the release.

"PTP 72 Marshall 08" doesn't seem to have CAB in it at all. Cab section is empty. Replacing some other cab in the there acts as usually (I'm still on 2.6.x FW).

I made some quick test and here's a clip with PTP 72 Marshall 06. First with its original cab and then cab from one of the '74 Marshall profiles.

I'm using a backpack at the moment. Can the Kemper be screwed on to the bottom plate of the Thomann hard case?

No it can't as there is some empty space for cables etc, but the case is filled with foam all over and it is having rather tight fit so I don't think it is moving around there..even if you'd turn the case upside down ;)

Are you playing live & gigging much or working more at home / studio environment or maybe both?

I would approach these cases a bit differently as I value compactness and trustworthiness in gigging setup with good enough usability. Less carrying, setup time and possible failure points. At home/studio it is nice to have the favorite pedals etc available.

Does anyone know if this functionality works with third-party midi controllers? If the firmware support midi commands for these effect buttons it should be possible...

Yes. I'm using HD500 which you can assing any of its 10 switches to send desired CC toggle command for effect stomp on/off switching. Or regular CC command for example for rotary speaker slow/fast or tap tempo etc.

I should probably set up and use the HD500 as a MIDI foot controller for the KPA so that I have a back up in case the KPA dies at a gig.

I've been doing this actually for the past days and found this to be rather nice and convenient way. Covers both MIDI controller AND backup amp needs.

In browser mode HD500 can have available:

• 4 profiles
    • 5 stomp fx on/offs (including toe switch)
    • TAP switch
    • TUNER switch (programmed to the 'LOOPER' switch)
    • Two expression pedals in one

The tuner can be of course accessed also by turning the midi volume all the way down, but I changed the volume range to be 70-100% to get more accuracy in the volume behavior. Separate dedicated 'looper' switch (which is otherwise useless) can be set for this purpose also and works just fine.

these profiles are probably the best sounding profiles I've heard to date. I owned an unpowered head previously and went through profiles like water. Your pack are all I left in my kemper for now. I'll be fine tuning the effects for my needs but the volumes, levels and everything are perfect!

Yes yes yes! Back in the days I had 1000+ profiles, now 100+ inside KPA for live use. Most of them Britt's.

I've been tweeking the live setup. Finetuned the rigs with personal favorite stomps, expression pedal setups etc. Now pretty much set with ~10 amps, ~40 profiles reachable via my midi controller. And second CLR is on the way.. :thumbup:

Just stumbled to this clip I made back when this was released. EQ'd a bit on the dark side, but I like the midrange bark in it.

This worked for me too, although for cleans I liked to back off the mix a little bit for somewhat milder effect and fatter sound overall.

I tried yesterday matching KPA's univibe (aka phaser vibe) to my Fulltone Dejavibe (MDV-3), but fell short no matter what. Seems I can't get rid of my favorite univibe pedal yet.Univibe in KPA is recognizable and cool in some cases, but couldn't get this kind of swirl out of it just by tweaking the available parameters.

External Content www.youtube.com

I tried yesterday matching KPA's univibe (aka phaser vibe) to my Fulltone Dejavibe (MDV-3), but fell short no matter what. Seems I can't get rid of my favorite univibe pedal yet.

Univibe in KPA is recognizable and cool in some cases, but couldn't get this kind of swirl out of it just by tweaking the available parameters.

External Content www.youtube.com

Ingolf is right. EQ before the gain stages is similar to changing pickups or using a treble booster / tube screamer. When using a clean tone the effect is way higher compared to using a hi gain sound. This is due to the fact the gain stages apply a huge amount of compression. The tonal differences get flattened the more gain you use.

If you change something before the preamp section, and want to check for the impact on the sound, always check with a clean tone, even if you are a hi gain only player. In most cases, the impact gets way more audible this way.

This was well put n' said. :thumbup:

I've thought only the pre- vs. post- gain stage difference, but this "tube's EQ headroom" makes sense also and explains some experiences rather well (like wah effect might be less effective with hi(gher) gain sounds).