Posts by MLScola

I agree. The KPA is a serious tool, why not have storable loops for (at least) a semi-serious looper? We're talking non-volatile memory and I don't know what memory capacities the KPA or Remote have. But if loop storage could be added ... Anyway, it's just a wish list thing.

Having said this, I do want to go on record about how great the KPA is. And what a great company Kemper is to continue developing this fantastic guitar tool. The continuing commitment by Kemper is unequaled by any guitar equipment manufacturer I know of.

Yes, I KNOW it doesn't store/recall a loop after shutdown BUT ... wouldn't it be cool if it did?. Imagine having your fave loop(s) stored within a Performance. Always there unless you erase them. Back 'em up on your USB stick? Just a thought.

No joke. Just received my Remote today, works great BUT like the title says - there really is something loose rolling around. My concern is: if the object is metallic there's a risk of shorting a circuit or chip or worse yet, damaging the Remote.

Kemper Team, what should I do?

Common sense says pop open the remote and shake whatever's there and voila! ... problem solved. But does it void my warranty? Is there a catch in opening the Remote? I'd hate to have to return it to Warranty Repair in Texas over a loose chunk of solder.

So, what is the official advice?

For US Buyers, especially East Coast:
    (2) Atomic CLR Active Wedges plus (2) Hercules SS710B stands with carry bags. $2,400 retail, $1,700 or best offer. These are not NEO's. I am the original owner. Bought this in March of 2014.

This FRFR (flat freq, flat response) system is designed for Fractal Axe and Kemper Profiler players. It's a spectacularly accurate system for playback. Each speaker is 500W bi-amped with active crossover in a multi-angle enclosure suitable for floor wedge, backline or pole mount. Essentially this is a high powered studio playback system for guitar, Ships in original boxes and with paperwork. The system is very, very clean. Never gigged, never made it out of my living room which is why I'm selling it ... it's massive overkill for the home.

Want the specs? Here's the link to Atomic's site: http://atomicamps.com/clr-reference-frfr-monitors/

As an added bonus I will include the pair of Hercules SS710B stands with carry bags. They sound great pole mounted, especially in stereo.

The only issue is the Buyer has to assume the cost of shipping.. Local pickup preferred. I live in Etowah, NC and the closer you are, the cheaper shipping will be. Seattle would be very expensive.

Will gladly supply more photos on request. I won't split the cabs, please don't ask and no trades, please.

Yeah, independent playback systems is going to give you something close to a band feel. I used to pump track playback thru a 3 spkr sys with bass gtr going to a separate center monitor, drums and keys to L and R monitors and played guitar thru my amp. But all this was BK (before Kemper). Big fun, tho.

I'm in ... I can use the looper and like the idea of a factory Remote, designed to work seamlessly with my KPA plus it's one cable. Very clean setup. And I already have a Mission Expression which will integrate nicely.

Yeah, $600 is gonna hurt a little but what the hell, I've blown that much on other gear that wasn't nearly as cool or useful.

FYI - I was on the Early Bird list and this morning I got my Kemper invite to buy the Remote. Everything worked until I went to check out and the site gacked on both PayPal and my credit card. The only payment method that worked was the pre pay option, so I used that to get my order in motion. Kemper is saying they'll be shipping the Remotes in March.

Hey Abonyx!
    Welcome to the Forum! As cool as your KPA is now, the good news is you'll love it even more in a year. Just curious: Is there a large electric guitar community in Egypt? Do you play out?

Assuming everybody here owns a KPA I'm kind of surprised by this question. But I do find the different responses very interesting. Especially when it comes to perceived value.

Speaking for myself, I've never owned any piece of guitar gear where the manufacturer constantly updates it for free, adds new features, the customer service is stellar, the sounds are phenomenal and always repeatable. There's literally thousands of sounds to be had for free. And you can buy profiles of practically any amp ever known to exist. Plus you can make your own. What's that worth? What else does this?

It's worth every penny Kemper asks for.

I like my CLR Actives, very neutral tone when set up correctly. I free field mine on poles. I can also make them sound really bad if I want. Just put 'em in a room with low ceilings, in wedge mode and crank to ungodly levels. We're talkin' waves, nodes, all kinds of crap flying around. Of course, I can make anything sound bad :D

The point is you have to listen to how your room reacts, position your cab accordingly and be used to the mic'ed sound of profiles. I spent the last decade of my performing life with my amp up at ear level. That's why the KPA and CLR's give me what I expect.

On another note: The CLR's kind of remind me of my old UREI 809 studio monitors. Remember "live end/dead end" and "time aligned"?

Another thought: you could treat your KPA like an amp head.

You could lower your clean sense to zero and pick a distortion sense, say +5 (or whatever you like) and then just leave it alone. The idea being this is more or less what an amp does: having a fixed gain at its input and reacting differently to each guitar. Your Strat has a lower output and sounds different than a hot rod Les Paul. And if set correctly your KPA should react the same (or almost the same) way. There are several guys on the Forum who use this methodology.

Of course this could really mess you up if you have super-tweaked your presets. Best of luck!

Hey Ingolf,
    You're absolutely right about steadily playing at 95 db. These days those are mostly brief peaks. The only time I hit 100 is for very short tone checks for too much brightness, balancing low end, checking clarity, etc.

Now playing onstage is a different matter, especially if you're standing next to your drummer!