Posts by MLScola

Hey Quitty,
    Thanks for the info, I've been wondering about renaming the rigs. I guess it's a labor of love if you want to commit to always keeping your library organized by brand but it might be worth it as a tool to learn what amps you really like.

Ultimately I think all users would prefer to have this as another option within the existing sortable function of the KPA but if Kemper is uncomfortable with the idea ... then so be it. External solutions, here we come!

You mentioned there are several renamer programs. The only one I've seen so far is Kerman's. Which renamer do you use?

After viewing many threads about rig renaming problems, I have to ask the question: Why isn't there a brand name sort function? Are there legal issues that prevent this? If not, it would be a major help to users to be able to group amps according to type. I'm interested in AC30 profiles. It's so tedious to search through the naming maze to find those amps and this feature request doesn't seem, on the surface, to be unreasonable.

I apologize in advance if this has already been dealt with elsewhere ... but does anybody know the answer to this?

After viewing many threads about rig renaming problems, I have to ask the question: Why isn't there a brand name sort function? Are there legal issues that prevent this? If not, it would be a major help to users to be able to group amps according to type. I'm interested in AC30 profiles. It's so tedious to search through the naming maze to find those amps and this feature request doesn't seem, on the surface, to be unreasonable.

I apologize in advance if this has already been dealt with elsewhere ... but does anybody know the answer to this?

Here's a weird one:

As mentioned I did the beta 2 sys update, was noodling around and all the sounds were as expected when suddenly the gain on everything dropped, as if the clean sens was cranked and distort sens was minimized. Rigs like Dual Boogie Pushed were dead clean. I knew something was wrong so I rebooted. Everything returned to normal. I haven't been able to duplicate the incident so I'm posting this in case it pops up again for somebody else.

BTW, the beta is slick. I've been playing with the new pitch shifts and pure tuning, formants, etc. What a blast! Love the performance mode. The power to control so many aspects of sound and response (clarity, power sag, pick, compressors in both pre and post gain stages, tone shaping boosts, cuts, tube bias .... It's beyond sick. And I'm only scratching the surface of possibilities.

CK is a genius and has created a masterpiece that changes the future of guitar tone and how we sculpt sound for live use and in the studio. I'd kill to peek 10 years into the future to see how this technology will evolve.

Ya know ... a comparison like this is pretty much meaningless especially with high gain sounds, room ambience, the amount of push, grind, etc. As far as i can tell, this test really comes down to the listener's opinion as to how much they like one sound over the other AND whether one sounds better in the track. My opinion is guitar 1 is more predominant but guitar 2 might sit better as a backing track. Depends on what its purpose is.

My original thought on proximity was to hook up with another KPA guy, watch his profiling process, listen to his results, maybe get our amps together, swap tips, trade profiles, mics, etc., etc. But now, after about 8 hours of diving into the toaster, I'm getting a pretty good feel for this beast. I'm fairly confident in my guitar recording abilities so ... if I don't find somebody to play with, it'll be alright.

BTW, this is a wonderful interface. Very intuitive. Everything I've tried has been easy. No real significant snags in formatting an 8 GB stick, backing up, installing 1.8.2, storing input settings per guitar PUP types. Thing of beauty, really. I even like the manual. I'm taking it on vacation with me and should have a newbie impression to share with the community when I get back.

Thanks for replying. If you ever bought stuff from Ace or Musicians Exchange back in the late 80's there's an outside chance I might have sold it to you. How are you liking your KPA? Mine should arrive today. How long have you had it? Love to hear your opinion when you get a chance.

Waiting for my lunchbox to arrive, hopefully tomorrow. Just curious if another user might be nearby. I'm in a very small town, Etowah, NC 28729. Love to hear from you if you're out there.

If you want, you can check out my profile under MLScola.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Can't hardly wait to get my hands on it. Taking it with me on a road trip this weekend. When I get back I'll start profiling the Lil Elvis, such a nice amp and I haven't seen a profile for it yet so it'll be my contribution to all my fellow zombies. Time to drag out the omni condenser.

Just saying Hi! Expecting my white lunchbox any day now.

Ex bar band musician (2 decades+), very minor session guitarist, occasional track guy (Mac Pro, Logic, Apogee Rosetta IO) songwriter for movies (Dirty Dancing, the Five Heartbeats), music store employee (Ace Music Miami, Musicians Exchange Ft. Laud), Pro Audio, MI rep for 17 years (QSC, Focusrite, Allen & Heath, ART, Modulus Basses, Eden Bass amps, ElectroVoice, Klark Teknik, Midas consoles and many, many more).

Always loved music, will listen to anything because you never know what might move you ... Love guitars and amps. Had a fantastic experience when I got to store a friend's large collection of vintage guitars and amps for over six months. Got to play a real '63 AC30 top boost with original blue alnicos, multiple Fenders (blackface and tweeds) Supros, Ampegs, Marshalls, PLUS many Fender Strats, Teles, Jazzmasters, Gretsches (6120, Duo Jet), Danelectros, kit guitars. Martin and Gibson acoustics ... It was vast, a gas, a blast and highly educational. One in a lifetime opportunity. So glad I got the chance to experience all this gear for as long as I did.

I ended up adding a Gretsch 6120RHH, Cadillac Green Duo Jet, 65Amps Lil' Elvis, a handwired AC30 50th Anniversary model and a kit hollowbody Tele to my existing collection. I have most of the major pickup types, classic humbuckers, mini humbucks, single coils, soapbars, P90s, Filtertrons, Dynasonics and a pair of Teisco gold foils (big fun) slapped in a cheap Epi LP Jr.

Looking forward to getting to know all those cool profiles of mythical amps I could never, ever afford.