Posts by slateboy

I have been using the pedal pitch effect successfully without issue until the latest release.
    now i have noticed a bug-
    i have heel pitch at -1 and toe pitch at 0. my expression pedal usually rest at 100% so when i "engage' this effect slot pitch is neutral and the pedal at toe position ready to bend down the pitch.
    But as soon as the expression dips below 100% the pitch jumps to the heel value at which it will bend the pitch up the remaining percentage i moved the pedal.
    I now have to move the pedal ALL the way to heel position before i can bend the pitch back up to neutral then the pedal works as expected.

This came as a major clanger at a gig the other night when i engaged the effect and the pedal crept a touch under toe-position and delivered an out of tune chord. not nice!!!
    wasnt until i got home i discovered this bug.

EDIT: Also noticed it doesnt matter what values the heel or toe are, any slight movement from 100% (toe-position) to just under (99%) and the audio steps immediately to the heel value. Thus, requires the user to then move the pedal ALL the way to the heel position to regain control of the effect.

anyone else comment or able to reproduce the fault?
    now sending ticket to support...

that makes some sense.
    BUT why, everytime i boot up and flick to browse mode, when i turn the browse knob the KPA starts (highlighted) at my 7th Favourite rig?
    Even though the sound is of the last rig i used before power-down, it would be nice if the browse selection started where i last left it.

(performance mode is not an issue as it comes back where i left it and dont use the browse knob in this mode)

the recent 5.1 update says:

User Interface
    fixed: selection of Autoload for Presets gets memorized during restart

Can anyone explain what this means please?
    My interpretation is that the kpa will remember the last used "rig" after a power cycle. Mine does but is never the same in my "favourites" list as the one if was on before power off so I'm not sure what is meant.

Not very often I play with RM but did tonight and the pop up "upgrade to v2" appeared, so I did.
    Also told me to upgrade kpa to 5.1 but I held off for now still on 5.0

Quite a few changes noticeable including the new rig packs pages. Double clicking stuff in these rig-packs had no effect, I assume because I'm still v5.0. However, I could drag these patches to my local library and audition them as usual including the 5.1 delays!!! Weirdly though, the kpa showed my delay slot (white leds) as a loop, with no functional parameters to adjust, but I could hear the pitch shift delays and all the fancy stuff from the 5.1 delay fx packs. Seems the technology is hidden in the v5.0 kpa but without a user interface.
    Is this a known issue/fact?

I have some new profiles in the works that I'm busy finishing up tweaks and recording clips. I was fortunate enough to land in the March issue of Guitar Player magazine... very stoked and thanks to Guitar Player and Michael Ross, who did the interview last year, and Christoph Kemper for making such an awesome piece of gear.

[Blocked Image: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/lonegtr/6D03C490-BE0C-4F4B-B215-7D6F440EA591_zpsvem2p8s9.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/lonegtr/F11FAB2E-68D5-4D61-B221-DE0363456AC3_zps65xbiy0o.jpg]

do i spy this correctly- the March 2017 edition?
    anyone any idea when this pops up on the uk shelves?

I did mention "rig" on my understanding that is what a complete set-up is(stomps, amp/cab/profile) not sure how others define this or what a "preset" is classed as.

Some confusion and misunderstanding of mixed and multi-use terminology.
    Patches, presets, programs, rigs, profiles, slots, stomps, effects....
    Someone hand me the Kemper-dictionary... :S:D

I still meet people that refer to a PA as a "tannoy" system and a vacuum-cleaner as a "hoover". :pinch:

Anyone know what impedance the unbalanced-monitor output terminal is?
    I want to connect a 1:1 balancing transformer to combat some noise issues I'm having (yes i've tried the ground lift option)
    I've tested using a 600-600 ohm transformer and it does the trick but it would be better to match the impedance of the output, unless it turns out that is is around 600 ohms.
    There maybe some phase-shifting and altered frequency response as a result so any other suggestions are welcome.

thanks for that @paults i'm not 100% sure if it was one of yours or not. i seem to remember it being dirtier and growlier and without any pitch effects.
    Still, you've got some really cool rigs and thanks for sharing them. loving your "moog" stuff!

Can anyone help me please- i was flicking through the rig-exchange last week and found a sound that resembled a john-lord overdriven organ type-sound.
    I cant seem to find it, having spent quite a while ploughing through the RE.
    I recall it had a fast leslie as part of its sound and an unusual cab.
    someone will point me straight there. No idea of the date, what the name or author was.
    thank to anyone that helps.

Thanks for the info. Looks like some heavy going there!
    I've only fiddled a bit with C in an arduino environment (or is that C++?) and built a couple of midi controllers with it, sending control data and sysex.
    Not yet delved into receiving and processing sysex, which is a forthcoming project, so interesting to see how others are dong it.

in another moment of being a nerd, i've done another video to compare boot up times of the latest OS.
    v5.0.3 appears a touch quicker than v4.2.2, which was considerably faster than the early v4.0.6
    (v3 was faster than early v4 if i remember co)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i really should spend my time playing guitar rather than doing this sh!t...

for the other geeks, like me, heres the v4.0.6 / v4.2.2 comparison

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So, how long does it take to upgrade the kpa OS firmware?
    here's a video i knocked up showing the firmware upgrade process and how long it takes.
    A bit of a geeky thing to do, i know, but it might be useful for the curious or anyone (newbies?) that have yet to do it so they know what to expect.

ironically, it took ten-times longer to create and upload the video than it did to do the actual os update!