Posts by V8guitar

Just glad you sorted it.

I also thought its sounded good BTW.

There are cases that are not that "deep": https://guitarcaseguide.com/best-rack-cases-kemper-amp/

I think "shallow" is the right term here.

But on the other hand, you can't stack other racks on it, because if it and some hardware will not fit (like my poweramp for example...)

Even with a shallow case, it will struggle to balance on a Kabinet. I put mine on the Bass cab..

and to add its about balance. My rack is very front heavy but the Toaster is designed to be free standing...

The model is not only possible but the right way to use the KPA.

FOH should be your main sound at a gig, and your vox purely for back line, regardless of gig size ( in my opinion).

To do this, you take you main out to the FOH, make sure you attenuate your output to around -12 to -18 db and make sure your volumes are unlinked and off you go.

It sounds like you have just switched off the cab section not used the monitor cab soft button in the output section.

Hi all,
    Having a problem here. None of my inputs are picking up a signal. The front and alternative input both don't budge. Reinstalled firmware and updated all I could.

The light doesn't light up, checked all settings are correct. Switched cables, rebooted multiple times.
    Please help.

How do you know? You not getting any input light or no sound which you assume is input? Does the tuner respond?

The form factors give 2 slight but different problems:

Rack - best for protection, but where do you put it. If you use a 4 x12 no issue, but it won;t balance on a kabinet

toaster - Great for location but difficult to get a rack or protection for it.

I use the rack and our other guitarist uses the toaster. I prefer the rack because I also mount my wireless and power conditioner but honestly you can;t go wrong!

To further qualify why I don;t appreciate Dylan, its because I don't lock onto lyrics.

As a consequence, this is probably the antithesis of Dylan, as Liz Frazer famously made up words/sounds - and this is one of a my Fav examples...atmospheric, minimalist and the other end of my musical appreciation...and it came up on TV yesterday!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think the point made here is that the Kemper tends to look at the end to end as a rig with added effects. Its not a modeller so people tend to swap out the whole rig rather than interchange amps and cabs BUT doesn;t mean you can;t do it and I've made a very sweeping statement .

Therefore I think you are better using lock as suggested about rather than worry about amp presets as Don suggested as option 2.

I am finding that the Mission pedal, which you guys know resembles a wah pedal, does not seem to be optimal for volume- or at least I am not used to it yet. For keyboards I use a couple Yamaha FC-7, which had a wider "travel," as it were. I may start trying the Yamaha pedal for volume, and the Mission for wah/pitch/morph. Heck, I am still working my way into better understanding the Remote in general...

The mission pedals are just so expensive as well.

I use a converted crybaby for wah and 2 Moog EP-3's for volume and pitch.... all sprayed Kemper green!

Nice investment. I'd never turn down a G -LP at a cheap price. Especially that one.

Thanks dude.

Apparently its a 70's guitar...paid £1650 for it..the "chainsaw" case isn;t marked Gibson and looks like a 3rd gen as it has metal hinges....either that or a tarted up 4th Gen...

If anyone mentions any specific rigs or Commercial Rig Sellers in this thread, it will get moved to the third-party rigs forum. The subject Of this thread really isn’t about that.

I suggest doing a Google search for EVH Kemper Riggs or looking in the Third party Rigs sub forum. There are several conversations there that discussed these packs when they became available.

Just to add, I'm sure I saw a thread where someone had worked hard on the EVH sound and got it pretty close..

I have been using my Kabinet live now for about 6 months.

It thumps it out and controlled ( and uncontrolled) feedback is there.

Ditched my 4 x12 as just not needed. As for replicating the EVH sound, 90% is in his hands and his amp set up was difficult to replicate with real amps. However some pretty good EVH profiles out there that get you close.

I always wondered: What’s the advantage of using a pedal for morphing over just stepping on the button of the Kemper remote?

Its purely that control.

Personally I don;t want or need that, I prefer a single change. For example I boost for riffs and I want that to happen instantly and and to a fixed value. That works best for me.

- your cabinet should be connected to MONITOR OUT -

-

You mean Speaker out, its a powered rack.

To me it is either:

An output setting

Profiles issue

I wouldn't try changing E.Q. significantly. The reason I say profile issue is because profiles all sound different through different monitoring solutions. Also the Kones for me are "brighter" rather than more "muffled" sound, even with bass boost so I suspect an output setting.

Are you saying the Kones sound more muffled than the original speakers in the Laney? I can tell you from experience, guitar cabs cover duff profiles. So I would also suggest trying a few other profiles to ensure you have tuned your profiles based upon the original laney..

Stage all the way. Cheaper, smaller, updated newer industrial design. Like someone else said, just one cable back to your powered speaker - or like I do - Seymour Duncan Power Stage + guitar cab. Also way easier to go between home / studio and live setups.

The way I see it, if I'm gonna lug around a heavy rack case and floor controller + cab of some kind, I might as well just use a traditional tube amp and pedalboard. Just my 2c, though.

Yeah its a good point and stage plus powered Kab is an attractive option.

The powered rack and remote still give advantages which add up:

• For me I like the flex to be able to use any unpowered cab with my powered rack which is useful for festivals.
    • The Kab is also way smaller lighter than a regular cab
    • One stop shop for effects
    • One power lead as I don't use external effects
    • No messing with connecting leads, true bypass etc
    • Touch Wah