Posts by norburybrook

I've known about this for some time but kept quiet about it. He called me about 18 months ago as he knew I had a Kemper and asked me about it. I told him it was great but I'd always use a real amp live if I could. About 6 months later, end of last year we were in his British Grove studio working together and he told me he was going to use the Kemper Live. I tried to persuade him not to LOL :D I said it's your band, you can be as loud as you like , it's only us session musicians that have to keep the levels down for the 'Artist' :D

I'm not 100% sure what he's using exactly for each song but he has two of my 'Dumble' profiles on there.

M

Another great set from Marcus. Great single coil tones and the warm tones on LP neck p/u had me floating off into the KPA clouds for half an hour or so that went by in no time.

If you have some of Marcus's other sets, try the cabs from the earlier sets on these as well - Al Cream, G12-65, EV 12 - all worked great for me on these profiles.

I saved some new versions with the gain backed off a tad - I use 11s so I have plenty of signal and I love clean to just breaking up tones.

thanks :D it's a gainy amp for sure, it's all about the volume control on the gtr with the Trainwreck amps. Also once you get to around midway on the amp volume it doesn't get any louder just more compressed from there on in. :D

M

Not played too long with this pack, but had about an hour with the DI profiles through my 2 rock 1x12, and they really are fantastic. Great job! Will try to make a demo if I have time and if that's useful, although my playing isn't on par with yours;)

cheers. Please be my guest, it's always useful to hear how people use their profiles and music is music not a competition :D

M

it's been a while but here's the latest offering.

https://www.marcuscliffe.com/purple-paisley-rocket

The Trainwreck Rocket was designed by the legendary Ken Fisher. He took the best bit's of an AC30 Top boost and created the 'Rocket' . This became the favourite amp of Brad Paisley who then took it to DR Z who made some tweaks and come up with the Z -Wreck for Brad. This is an amalgamation of those two amps.
    The amp has a lot of natural 'chime' and also has plenty of gain on tap so it's designed to be used with the guitar volume control to take it from Clean to Mean.
    The Ac30 qualities make it a very versatile amp and it can cover John Schofield Jazz/fusion through Brad Paisley country all the way to full on Brain May rock.
    The speaker is a 2x12 cab based on the AC30 cabinet loaded with 60w Jensen Alnico's . A great match for the amp.
    The amp is profiled using a vintage Neuman U67 and a classic Sm57 and the direct profiles are taken using the Kemper d.i. box

Naming Scheme:

Rocket- the name of the amp ( number) this is the volume setting- (C number) this is the cut setting. The higher the number the less cut is applied so the brighter the sound. The treble and Bass are fairly static set at midway. The amp really changes with the volume(gain) and the amount of cut.
    There are two profiles with TM and BD. These are a Keeley mod Timmy and Blues Driver placed in front of the amp for high gain. The profiles will still clean up though with the volume control on your guitar.

the first 50 people will get an extras folder which contains a few profiles of an Express amp which is the sister to the rocket based on a Marshall plexi.
    Have fun,

audio samples are on the web page. price is £9.99 :D

I use the Kemper mainly for acoustics these days :D I'm on my way to the airport so can't tell you what my settings are though. I think they were just pre amps from the rig exchange. I balance and eq levels/FX for each guitar and save as a preset and then load them all into a performance along with my own JM/SSS profile for the electric gtr. Works great

Bought these.

Wow, this one shot up to the top of my list. I've bought a lot of commercial profiles (1000's) but there are a few profiles here in my top 20 profiles.

thanks Raunch :D I think they're great too but I'm baised...if you pardon the pun...tube amp...Biased... :D I was really interested to find out that the beat it solo was a 50w 2nd generation ODS like this, also Rosanna, but it makes sense really as Andy Bauer had probably the only rental ODS in LA at the time so everyone used it when they could.

Enjoy the pack.

Marcus

After a bit of geeky forum readingg recently I've discovered Andy Brauer Studio Rentals in LA owned a 2nd generation ODS 50W combo for rent. This is that amp, down to the colour even :D the original is in the photos I posted for comparison.

what's important though is that some classic tracks/solos were done on this amp.

here's three classics that were done with this amp

Beat it

Rossana

Dancing on the Ceiling

perhaps I should re name the pack :D

Marcus

Hi Marcus , I finally managed to test the ODS and it had a instant room on my recording lineup , I barely had anything to mix as it's great on his own and really cutting the mix.

I used a slight boost ( nitrogen 21 color fuzz) on ODS6 FET on the leads of this track

highly recommended set :)

thanks man, it's a great amp, as confirmed by the Dumble guru that is Larry Carlton :D . I think the profiles represent the amp in a great way. I have a very famous guitarist who I can't mention with this profile set in his favourite folder on his Kemper.

I'm hoping next year to be able to go public with this :D

Marcus

thanks Mats,

It's Marcus not Martin by the way :D

Marcus

thanks Matts, I'd say that's 'job done' then from my end :D

It's posts like this that keep me going, so thankyou again.

I'm still debating the next amp to do. I'm on the fence about a 'Paisley pack' which would be a trainwreck rocket/Z-wreck amp and 2x12 alnico modelled on Brad Paisley's amps or the 'Tweedle Dee' , Dumbles version of the tweed deluxe as favoured by the likes of Kenny Wayne shepherd.

:D they're both killer amps in their own way.

M

Ok, again my bad. I have a busy life juggling everything so it's no surprise things like this get missed.

I can see where it's come from I suppose but in reality it will mean less communication from the people who are trying to push forward the quality of profiling.

I thought this was an interesting subject hence my comments and involvement, I thought the OP wanted input from the people who actually can give 'horses mouth' information.

another lesson leaned. :D

M

Ah OK, thanks for that.

So does that mean as soon as you become a commercial seller one cannot participate in any threads on the commercial forum?

Obviously one can in one's own thread but not someone else's

one CAN participate in a thread if it's NOT in the commercial forum, but one CANNOT advertise one's product in anyway?

Yes? :D

M

:D sure, I think the rule is about actually posting links if I 've read it correctly. Anyway it's a minefield that's for sure. I got a warning for using too many characters in a thread title!....

M