Posts by MetalMauce

Hi,

I can'f figure out, but this must be a stupid question I think.
    I've levelled out several rigs and the volume are about the same level. I did this by ear.
    But somehow while in most rigs the output LED stays green, in some rigs it turns full red, the green is not even shining through anymore.
    I know red means the output signal is to high but just as I said the volume levels are about the same.

So my question is, what exactly triggers the output section to make the LED turn red?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate that.

The thing is that I'd like to have cab profiles that are close to real life situations, the 4x12 1960 with G12T-75 because to our band these are the ones you see the most to borrow at venues (as a part of the backline).
    The 4x12 V30 because I do own a ENGL Pro 4x12 with V30s myself.
    Then the mixed V30/G12T-75 because I read so many positive things about mixing those speakers in a cab.

Hence my request.
    I'm afraid using the IR won't help when you think about the above, or am I completely wrong with this assumption?
    I'll give it a try anyway

Thanks for your reply.

Hi,

Does anyone know where to find cab profiles for

- 4x12 G12T-75
    - 4x12 V30
    - 4x12 G12T-75 mixed with V30

I don't think these cab profiles can be found as separate files so I guess I need to find these cabs in (merged) profiles en and save only the CAB part.

The big question is which profiles do have the cabs mentioned above in the profiles? Anyone spotted these? Please point me to those profiles.

Thanks a lot!
    Mauce

Hi,

I do understand Profiles, Merged profiles, cab profiles and I do understand why it's desired to have them.
    But for IR profiles I can't understand.

I'm just a mucisian and apart from connecting my guitar to my amp, I also use my focusrite interface and am profiling an amp every now and then, But I just want to play guitar.
    Are IR profiles mainly meant for studio usage or is it also good for the musician?
    If so, then I have two questions:

1) What's the benefit of IR profiles?
    2) How to use/apply them?

Thanks in advance.

Mauce

Hi,

Maybe this is a very stupid question but I don't get it:
    I've purchased several rig packs but most profile makers provide multiple profiles for the same amp on the same channel with only different gain settings.
    Since after profiling the gain can be adjusted on the Kemper itself, what's the purpose of doing this?

The only thing I can think of is that different gain settings gives you the opportunity to choose the range in controlling the gain.
    For example the exact same profile with the gain set to high gives you control over the gain with the kemper in the high-gain part of the original amps whereas the same proflile with lower gain settings gives you gain control withe the Kemper over the lower gain part of the original amp.

Is this true and by explaining this did I answer my own question?
    I don't get it.

Thanks for your explanation.

I think what you're asking is as below from the Kemper manual:

For this setup, you need to bypass the Cabinet Profile for the MONITOR OUTPUT, so as to avoid running a cabinet simulation through a physical cabinet. The soft button "Monitor Cab Off" in the Output Settings will bypass the Cabinet Profile for the MONITOR OUTPUT as well as the built-in power amp of PowerHead and PowerRack, while the Cabinet Profile stays active for the other outputs including the MAIN OUTPUTS. This is a global setting, and thus applied to all Rigs. However, the signal from the MONITOR OUTPUT is processed according to the kind of Profile included in the Rig: for regular Studio Profiles, the CabDriver algorithm is activated, whereas Merged Profiles feed the direct amp sound to the MONITOR OUTPUT and built-in power amp.

I'm familiar with this and I use this setting for playing on my cab. The Main outputs will still have the cab on.
    But my question is how to save such a profile and take the cab part competely out of the profile, not just disabling it.

Hi,

The subject says it all.
    How to cut the cab part out of a studio profile. Is that possible?
    With stompboxes you have the option to select no stomp.
    I need something similar with studio profiles.
    I do know I can load another cab profile into a studio profile but a DI profile has no cab profile at all.

What are the steps to take?
    Anyone knows how?

Thanks in advance.

I am using a Patchpanel since the first day put the KPA inside the rack. Every connection is routed to the front. I didnt want to open the back lid every time i was using the KPA, thats the main reason for me.
    [Blocked Image: http://c-philipps.com/front.jpg]

I've put my patchpanel in the back.
    Interesting point you bring up here, Because isn't it bad for heat to leave the backlid closed?
    Even though the Kemper doesn't get really hot, it still needs airflow to cool down.
    Am I right?

Thats pretty sweet. My current method is running any cable that will be under feet underneath my cab with its weight on it. This way any tugging happens at that point rather than the back of the Kemper.
    How much is a patchpanel like that?

To be honest I can't remember anymore, I had it laying here around for years and never used it until now. But I think it's only 10 or 20 bucks. Just keep in mind you buy it without any cables or connectors. So you need to think about how to use it beforehand. So it needs some soldering as well.

Hi,

I hope someone can help me out. Maybe it's a stupid question but I've tried loads of different rigs, good rigs but it's far from the tone I'm looking for eventhough the amps are the ones I'm looking for.
    I'm interested in Mesa Rectifier,, 5150 and Framus Dragon rigs and I've found some that sound really good.
    The sound I'm looking for is something like Orden Ogan, Gojira and As I Lay Dying (the video Josh Middleton posted somewhere else on this forum too).
    So, high gain without loosing too much clarity and tightness.
    I know for video's it's also a matter of mixing, but then still from a basic rig I should be able to get at least quite a bit in the right direction.
    But the real challenge begins when I start with the EQ (in the X-section) to dial in the proper EQ settings for the sound I'm looking for.
    Somehow I can't get it right.

Do I need to load the tone I'm looking for in an frequency analyser to find the frequencies hotspots I need to accentuate?
    I'm really having a hard time to get the EQ right, when I need more bass the low end gets muddy and I need to raise the low-cut so back to lack of low end. This is just an example but it goes like this in many ways when fiddling with the EQ.
    I thought the accents need to be around 800hz and 1600hz with a Q setting set to small. But still no luck so far.

So, my question is:
    Wat is the best approach to start from a rig downloaded from the rigexchange or whatever to improve your tone from a EQ point of view?
    Are there any guidelines or rules of thumb which frequencies to accentuate?

Thanks in advance.
    Mauce

Hey all!

I'm using a 1U Patchpanel in the back of the Kemper (see attachment) for the midi and in/outputs
    I do this so the connectors of the patchpanel can remain connected on the Kemper. There is still plenty space for any heat to leave the case.
    This way the connectors on the back of the Kemper will stay in good condition.
    In case someone pulls one of the cables it won't hurt the Kemper but the patchpanel instead.

Am I paranoid or are there more Kemper-ers out there doing the samen and if so, what's your backpanel looks like?

Just wondering if sharing each others solutions will give me some more ideas on this....

Thanks @MentaL for fixing my account.

I have to honest, I prefer the old profiles. Last weekend I compared the new Framus Dragon profiles with the old one in the rehearsalroom with the band and to mee the first profile sounds better.
    I do agree it has loads of bass in it but somehow it stands stronger in the overall mix because the bass seems to be above the bass frequencies of the bassist and cuts through the mix nicely.
    Actually it's that bottom end that adds good things to my sound (we play powermetal in low tunings with lots of palmmuting).
    So I stick to the original Framus Dragon profile.
    Nevertheless thanks for improving the profiles, that's a good thing!

there is a bug with the email download links, i'll go fix it .

I'm not sure but I think my problem is diferent.
    It's that I just can't login, when I click lost password it won't recognize my email address.
    So I got confused and tried several mailaddresses for password recovery but none was recognized.
    Maybe that's the reason why I didn't receive the email about the updated package in the first place.
    Again, if needed I can provide the paypal transactioncode for verification.
    Please let me know.

That's strange I didn't receive such an email. Also somehow I can't login (I can't remember which email adress I used). Could you please assist me solving this issue as I'm very interested in the update for the Framus rigs? If necessary I can show the paypal receipt. Please let me know. Thanks

In addition to this I've send you an email with the transactiondetails. I hope you can help. Thanks in advance.

Yes an email was sent out earlier to all owners of the pack or you can download the update via logging in here.

That's strange I didn't receive such an email. Also somehow I can't login (I can't remember which email adress I used). Could you please assist me solving this issue as I'm very interested in the update for the Framus rigs? If necessary I can show the paypal receipt. Please let me know. Thanks