Posts by Eyetri2015

I discovered Time Of Grace recently and been listening them a lot. Your cover sounds/looks great! Also huge props for sharing an instrumental track.

How did you go around panning quad track though just curious?

Thanks, I appreciate it! So for the panning it went like this...6505 LEFT/right and 5153 RIGHT/left.

So both 6505 tracks were hard panned R/L and the same for the 5153, however in the mix, I made the LEFT side have the 6505 significantly more pronounced and the RIGHT side have 5153 more pronounced. Then each profile went to its separate guitar bus where I believe I had the 6505 louder and the 5153 buried underneath. You can blend to taste at that point.

I've never seen an exact formula for quad tracking/panning, but this setup seems to work pretty well! :thumbup:

Oh and I also tracked all performances with an accompanying DI track so I could go back in and make any necessary edits to line everything up super tight. I think this step right here is 75% of the final tone!

Very very tight, super impressive stuff! One thing I’ve been enjoying is seeing all these really cool remote recording videos like this, makes you feel a part of the session as a viewer.

Thanks Per! I agree, and its never been easier to collaborate with and meet other musicians with similar interests. Definitely one positive that's come out of the last 18 months.

Hey Kemper Community! Check out my latest full band cover for "Hate By Design" from Killswitch Engage. As always, tracked guitars w/ the KPA. This is among the recent projects I've quad tracked guitars (6505 LEFT/right and 5153 RIGHT/left), and I'm super stoked w/ the final guitar tone. :thumbup:

Thanks!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey Kemper Community!

Check out my latest metal cover of "Rescue" from the new Times of Grace album. After reading a lot about the debate between dual tracked vs. quad tracked guitars, I have to say that since I've been quad tracking with two different profiles (this song), my metal guitar mixes have been sounding ALOT better. Granted quad tracking does take more time to tightly edit/EQ everything (DI track is a must for editing!), I've been super stoked w/ the end result. :thumbup:

Thanks for watching! :)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Have you tried the Acoustic Simulator effect stomp in the Kemper with the Acoustasonic? I'm curious if it would give body and richness to that Fender type.

I have not tried the acoustic simulator effect but this is intriguing! Next acoustic cover I do, I'll tinker with this and see.

Great video, Kevin. You guys work well together and it was an enjoyable version of a song I've loved for years.

I wasn't familiar with the Acoustasonic but thought it sounded very convincing. In the studio I just mike acoustic guitars, but that looks like a great solution for gigs where actual acoustics are problematic (feedback potential, miking, etc.).

Thanks Chris! Glad you enjoyed it. Yes, future ease of gigging was my main motive in getting the Acoustasonic!

Hi Kevin,

well done! :thumbup:

Thanks Hafi!

Very nice vocals and playing! However, I found the Acoustasonic a thin sounding guitar no matter how you record it. Have you tried to record this track with a regular full-body acoustic and did an A/B comparison against the Fender?

Thanks BayouTexan! I have done other acoustic recordings with a regular full-body acoustic and I agree that the tone is slightly "fuller". I wasn't sure if maybe this could be compensated for with EQ? I like the versatility of the Acoustasonic but might end up with another acoustic guitar at some point.

Hey Kemper Family,

Just wrapped up my first recording project with the new Fender Acoustasonic, we did Landslide from Fleetwood Mac. For you kemper owners doing acoustic recordings, whats your approach? I found that if I blend/pan the wet/DI tracks with a mic'd track on one single performance it sounds pretty rich and full. :thumbup:

Thanks for watching! :)

Check out my latest Trivium full band cover I just wrapped up. This was my first time tracking with 2 different profiles on each side, 5150 and 6505. I feel the guitar tone is significantly better with 2 blended profiles vs. one.

Thanks for watching! :thumbup:

Check out my latest 80's rock cover, recorded with the Kemper of course. I wanted to go back and tweak the mix a bit more, but I accidentally deleted the Cubase files!!<X=O8o:cursing:, still happy with the way this one came out. Enjoy!

This is the adapter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…tle_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So you're saying try a different cable? So the back of the Apollo interface, is that just a "printer USB" type plug? So I need an aftermarket cable that is thunderbolt, not USB like the stock UA cable thats included.

I was suspicious the adapter was the culprit. Its just interesting that despite the adapter, the computer still registers the device through the thunderbolt port.

So you're saying I'd need this cable?

https://www.amazon.com/Printer…kb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

The stock cable says USB A on one end and USB B on the other...

Thanks ST!

Hey Everyone!

I know this is isn't a direct Kemper question per se, but I feel optimistic a few of you have experienced these same issues I'm having so I wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone had any tips/advice.

I recently picked up an Apollo Twin USB which I'm attempting to install on my Dell G5 laptop. After countless hours of troubleshooting, I'm still running into the same problem... "This device requires superspeed USB 3.0, USB 3.0 not detected". I specifically bought this laptop because it was compatible with this interface :(

The Apollo twin install went exactly as stated per UA's website - install, restart, complete registration online, activate plugins, etc. No problems. The problem arises when I go to make the interface the default input/output audio device for the computer/Cubase DAW. It shows up in the UA meter but NOT in the audio settings option. In Cubase its an option, but when I select it , error message "device not found" pops up.

I've done the following actions multiple times, without luck

1) Updated all windows updates, firmware, BIOS, thunderbolt drivers, etc via Dell's website

2) Installed/uninstalled UA software many times

3) Tinkered with device manager settings - power saving options, disabling computer's ability to turn off USB ports, etc (all per UA audio's recommendations for windows installations). Device manager says"Device installed and working properly" for all USB ports.

When I plug in and power on the interface, the blue status bar pops up on my screen "Apollo USB detected" but then soon after that same dreaded error message pops up "This device requires superspeed USB 3.0, USB 3.0 not detected". I've tried each and every USB port on my laptop + the thunderbolt port (using thunderbolt USB 3 to USB 2 adapter), without luck. I would really hate to be forced to return this thing. =O

Any further tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help! :thumbup:

Kevin

Just wrapped up another full band cover with the Kemper! "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga. Slowly but surely I'm dialing in my tones, this was a fun one! Check it out.

Hey ST!

Thanks for checking the video out. You know, I'm still learning how to record and mix vocals properly. I went back and forth on the vocals being TOO prominent and then not enough. Apparently to your ear I stayed on the side of not enough.

What's the secret to getting the vocals to pop while also allowing the other tracks to shine? Is it primarily proper EQ? Compression? Volume automation? All of the above? None of the above? Anyhow, I made an attempt to use them all, but no doubt I still have a lot to learn.

Thanks again!
    Kevin