Posts by AdamMassacre1981

um, i want the laser beam glitch. as long as nothing blows up!

Hahaha just XLR-TRS direct to interface put a distortion in the stomp section. First turn your gain stage of your interface to zero and your rig volume to zero then slowly turn up the rig volume and its 1980's arcade lazer beams lol.

Of course you do this on your own back 😜

My thoughts on sound: I might not like it but someone will. Even the most harsh and nasally sound can make a mix sound like a winner. So, I gave up rating tone. ;)

I think it's cool when you can push a guitar beyond its original intended use. You never know what will inspire you.

This tone wasn't intended (the lazer beams) i thought it was a glitch in my unit and i had badly routed it into my interface and was possibly damaging both my toaster AND interface lol.

This is the comparison between the two outings.

The first is XLR-TRS direct into interface and the second is a TS cable out (mono left) direct to interface. Third sample XLR- TRS and fourth TS .Both using the same profile same guitar and both set to STACK.

Dunno if its my ears or not but the XLR-TRS sounds way fuller.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey guys!

Anybody ever get classic arcade lazy beam sounds coming from their toaster? I know its not supposed to do this...surely? lol.

So my outing is XLR-TRS going direct into my apollo twin with the gain stage on the interface set to 0db rig volume -4.5db. This whacky sound only realy happens if i add a distortion infront of the amp. Am i in any kind of danger of blowing something up and should stop immediately.

When i route my kemper this way (XLR-TRS-INTERFACE) my metal profiles BIG! like full of meat but when i route out using TRS out or TS out (left mono) direct into interface to me it sounds like ive lost all that meat.

Here is a recording of those lazer beams.

WARNING!!! ITS LOUD!!! YA MAY WANT TO TURN DOWN YOUR VOLUME!!!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Any thoughts?

Ha! You should know by now you should never say things are going well!

In all seriousness, I'm soooo happy you have made progress and feel happier. For me gear is irrelevant, its how you feel so I'm so pleased.

Now stop moaning and play some great guitar :)

Thanks brother! It may have been 5 or so years but progress is finally being made 👊😜

Speaker placement is indeed important. I've got my KRK's on my desk almost against the back wall resulting in a bloated bass. I turned down the bass knobs on the back of the speakers and damped the wall with foam stuff. Indeed normally you don't have a guitar cab blasting in your face. But guitar speakers aren't full range, studio monitors are. IMHO the tweeters should be on ear's level.

I have raised them up so they are alomst ear level. My ears are busted from years of abuse in bands hearing tweeter frequencies from a distorted profile or amp sim just drills my ears to point of it being in agony its almost instant ear fatigue. since ive lowered them i dont seem to get tas much timpanic destruction haha. Im not sure what else i could do...i was considering replacing my monitors with a decent set of headphones but will i run into the same problem?...maybe.

#protectyaearsguys

All of the above is what ive been implementing brother :) there are indeed some profiles that sound like arse but killer on my other guitars and indeed i dial back that distortion quite a bit these days no more Spinal Tap 11 shenanigans here lol

Ive also been educationg myself better on where instruments live in a mix like bass guitars kick drums snare and where to cut those pointless subs in guitars etc.

Feel like im finaly on the UP :)

So hey dudes!

Its been a while and im excited to say this wont be a negative post YAY! hahaha.

So as you may know for years ive struggled to enjoy my little toaster and spend many thousands over the years trying to better my experience and each time i seemed to be keep hitting a brick wall.

Well...i think im finally starting to love my kemper hahaha.

I upgraded all my cables (threw out all the junk) and even bought a new audio interface UA Apollo Twin its INCREDIBLE!! I also used the same extension cable for my gear (i read somewhere it helps with interference) and i know this is probably going against what all producers and musicians do and recommend concerning studio monitor placement but i no longer have them on my desk facing inwards (the triangle position) directly in my face and the sound difference is just mind blowing. I have realy sensitive ears including tinitus in one ear so all the midd to high distorted frequencies were constantly just blasting me directly in my face and ripping through my ears i truly believe THAT was the horrid sound i kept on experiencing over and over again whenever using a high gain or distorted profile.

I now have my monitors off my desk and lowered out of my face range so the frequencies are no longer kicking my poor tympanic membranes to smithereens resulting now in a more comfortable and warmer tone and i must say im rather loving my kemper...how ace is this? I got the idea when i thought to myself Well Ya wouldnt and dont sit directly infront of your cab inch's away from ya face when playing through ya amp would ya? and no i dont so the new placement decision was made and to me its night and day.

Im also playing around with string gauges and brands figuring out that heavier gauge sound more dull like old dying strings in the low end (to me) and the lighter gauge are more bright and sustain more...maybe its because the lighter gauge fit my nut better making them ring out better also different picks. So many little things change so many other things and sometimes for the better...like a pick! its mental! lol

But anyways...huge progress being made dudes so im currently smiling lots.

Also getting better at dialing in tones. Loads of learning been happening.

Yay!

Hope you are all doing great and thanks again for putting up with my sh*t all these years haha.

Rock on!

Ooooh that Driftwood 8) 8)

I seem to remember you get a little flashing when you play hot (almost going to yellow), and if you are playing to a beat it can seem like flashing to a tempo. I would do a restart and select a clean rig with a lot of overhead, and if it flashes again, then contact Support.

Hey Dude! i did the latest update suggested by the Rig manager (its been a while since ive used my kemper Ooops!) and it seems to have stopped! Yay! still rather strange. :)

Oh and i forgot to mention the main led screen was slightly glitching too but since the update that seems to have corrected itself. Some spooky goings on. I hope this aint the beginings of a dying kemper :S

Hey Guys!

I've just noticed my Output light is flashing. Flashing in time with the TAP led. Can't say I've ever noticed this before. I thought maybe it was my guitar being weird so I unplugged it and the flashing remains. I then unplugged the cable from the front input and still its flashing

Weird!

Am I losing my mind or this normal? LoL.

This has been happening for me ever since I got the Kemper years ago, never found a solution. Mine seems to be when my Mac goes to sleep.

Yes! i forgot to mention that could be a possibility too. Ive noticed it happening when i "wake up" my PC after ive been away doing something. Well at least i know im not alone and i dont need to buy that new USB cable ;)

Kind of makes sense thats why it would happen and the connection could be broken but a bit of a nuisance to keep unplugging the USB cable and replugging it back in everytime the computer has a nap not to mention possible damage to the USB connection and cable over time having to constantly do this.

Surely there is a way to not have this happen.

Hi guys!

So since the latest update i seem to be having USB connection problems when i open up Rig Manager. It states it cant find my kemper and that there could be a problem with the USB cable. So i unplug the USB cable from the back of the kemper and close RM down then reconnect the USB and open up RM and it seems to work again. It seems to be happening randomly and regular. Is anybody else experiencing this situation? Just thought i would ask before rushing out and buying new USB cable.

Hope you are all doing good.

Rock on! \m/

An absolute headbanger! When i was a kid around 6 or 7 my uncle made me a mixtape and this track was on it. i never heard such aggressive guitar playing i was instantly hooked on it and insanely fascinated by it. So i got the Virgin Killer LP from the very same uncle after bugging him forever for it lol and would just blast the hell out of it on the daily jumping around with my tennis racket guitar.

Uli absolutely rips his guitar to pieces not forgetting at all just how tight and in the pocket the rest of the band are too. Maaan i miss great musicians in heavy rock. Uli certainly had that Hendrix vibe but i think he took it up a notch. A true legend of the six string who certainly IMO needs the same recognition and appreciation all the other well known guitarists get. \m/

External Content www.youtube.com

Saxon is still a good band. Good song but I like this one better.

The moment i heard their new material i thought thats Andy Sneap at the healm those guitar tones the drum production so distinctive and yes i was correct it was indeed Mr Sneap and there he is in this very video in his studio lol. Such a great producer with an iconic metal production sound \m/

Heard a band on Planet Rock this morning whilst doing random stuff around the house and thought Woah! this sounds killer! That guitar tone is SICK! turns out it was Saxon! and with new material.. YO!! i aint heard these guys since i was a kid MANY moons ago...Jeez these dudes are in their 70s and got me banging my head like i was 17 again \m/ nothing like a good old dose of NWOBHM awesome to know the old generation still got some fire in them

A nice cover with Tim Pierce on guitar.

Such a fantastic song and great cover. Whenever i go out on a chilled bike ride on a rare day off work i have the original in my playlist on the headphones cruising me along...good times :)