Posts by deadman42

I think somebody else brought this up as well some time ago: When it gets very dark or very wild on stage I sometimes have a challenge to hit the upper row of switches on the remote properly.

Main distorted rhythm on the first switch. That way, I can I locate it in the dark through dry ice or smoke machines by simply putting my foot on the side of the board and finding the first switch.

This. Exactly my point as well and I remember when you Vinny Burns brought this up in your story about the ShipRocked and how much the ship did for you 8o

And by the way I also have different sequence then clean/crunch and co. I usually start in slot 1 with my main rythm sound as well. Sometimes no clean in the performance, mostly clean in slot 4 or 5 then 8)

Yep, I do this from time to time when reamping some vocal tracks. I use some of the great profiles from Downfall Studio on the RigExchange which are made from Neve 1073, Avalon, UAD preamps. Those serve pretty well to thicken the track and add effects to it. Which I have in my DAW as well but sometimes the Kemper gives something special to it. Naturally when it comes to some distortion on the vocals you have the greatest selection of cool break up and overdrives with the great machine.

And by the way I use it not only for guitars, basses and vocals but as well on other non-string instruments in the same way as described above.

..only to compare to my original ones to find I prefer those, and bin the 3 or 4. I've then spend a copuple of days to come back to the point I started from :)

Isn't it great to be fully satisfied? Yes it is... nevertheless it is fair to try something new here and there. I find it very inspiring but often come back to my favorites as well 8)

why go from that to effectively 50 channels just because you can

Good one :thumbup:8) ...besides that we're all hunters for good profiles we're probably all show guys who want to present their assets 8o

Seriously. All being said above is good advice. Personally I just have a handful of Performances for my work in the band. Definitely not a single one per song and definitely not all with a full set of clean/crunch/solo stuff. I limit the amount of different amps in my performance for live use down to a small handful to keep live sound consistent and the rest goes well via stomps, effects and morphing.

I think somebody else brought this up as well some time ago: When it gets very dark or very wild on stage I sometimes have a challenge to hit the upper row of switches on the remote properly. And I am not especially tall or do have large feet. Standard medium size I'd say. Thus I tend to not squeeze everything into one slot for the sake of less performances. Sometimes I create Performance which has sounds allocated to the 5 slots which could be achieved by stomp/effect switching as well just to have the convenience and risk-management in place.

And by the way I use Performances also at home and in my studio work. Without the need to switch via remote but to have things bundled together and to easily adjust the rigs in the slots to my needs. That great Kemper machine gives you many brilliant options to optimize creative workflow...

Very nice, great massive sound. I like the rythm guitars a lot. Double tracked? Quad tracked? What kind of profile did you use for those?

Overall well done :thumbup:8)

You'll get there Kenny, don't worry. Typically the learning curve is steep and often more than one way leads to what you want.

Make yourself familiar with the Performance mode and see what it does to you in terms of tweaking the profile and adding effects. As it said in one of the early computer games: Save early, save often.

In the Performance mode you can change the profile in a slot of your performance to your liking and easily save any intermediate state. If your using RigManager you can also easily get the profile out of the performance back into the Rig format. I rarely use the Browser mode except for auditioning stuff from RigExchange.

Is Bert's stuff on the exchange or somewhere else?

Nope. But you can easily google his full name mentioned above and find his page. He's as well active here in the forum, nickname mentioned above as well.

What do you recommend as far as routing? Disable amp and cab and put light comp and eq first followed by fx and then pre amp at the end?

Not sure that I understand that question. The routing can not be changed in the Kemper. Stomps / Amp / Effects. That's the sequence and it makes absolutely sense. Disable amp would mean that you don't get anything from the profiles mentioned above. Disabling cab might be wise in most cases for acoustic guitar. But as you say: Give it a try and enjoy 8)

Hi, welcome and have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper :thumbup:8)

AC guitar with an LR Baggs M80> (Fishman Platinum pre)> mackie mixer> qsc powered speaker.

Thinking it would be cool to take advantage of the looper and fx and have some different tones to layer with.

Pretty straight forward I'd say. Put the Kemper between guitar and mixer (only if you want to add other signals like vocals etc. - otherwise you can go from the Kemper to the QSCs directly for just amplifying your guitar).

Regarding profiles for Acoustic guitar I have very good experience with free stuff like the Pre-Amp profiles from Downfall Studio on the RigExchange (Neve 1073, Avalon, UA and more). Those give a nicely thicker sound for the guitar and you can easily apply all the great effects in the Kemper.

Depending on your style and program I would put some light compression in the stomps and maybe some chorus, delay and reverb in the effects section. But that all depends on your taste and there are virtually no limits. Sometimes little pitch shifting is nice to create some 12-string impression. And by the way there is also a great pack with acoustic guitar profiles by Bert Meulendijk ( breu 's Acoustic pack) which I like very much.

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Totally agree that the Kemper is such a versatile and well designed piece of gear that it serves for more than great guitar and bass tones. Actually I use it a lot even for re-amping of non-string instruments' tones and sometimes even vocals for certain effects. Great machine. Enjoy! :thumbup:8)

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Thanks for sharing your story... which is similar to a lot of the others here including myself. I still own an ENGL 4x12 Pro cab... but you need a bunch of good friends to carry it around 8)

Hi, welcome and have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper.

Some time ago I uploaded a bunch of profiles of my Two Notes LeLead preamp (the red one8)). Pretty good tool for some recordings and addition for live use. You can find the profiles on the RigExchange looking for "LeLead". The profiles without cab or cab emulation are preamp only. Enjoy!

Listen and judge profiles not only at bedroom level. It took me a while to understand the beauty of some (commercial) profiles as I found them rather dull and flat on first glance. I almost discarded them for me but found out by incident during a rehearsal how good they developed in gig/rehearsal level and how beneficial their character is for live and recording purposes. Vice versa some profiles sound good at low volume but tend to be harsh and shrill once you turn them up...