Posts by Steve5478

How do you guy deal with a "emergency" situation that will never occure ?

ps : at some point i'll get the player as well (but I need the morph function) otherwise the 3 switches are not enough. adding axtra stuff like extra switches, exp pedals would end up as expensive as a used stage as well :)

I play in a cover band and we have a huge variety of sounds/songs.

I have a Stage too.

I have bought a Nux MG-30 to train alone at home (looper and drum kit are just top :thumbup: ) and eventually to take it as a backup.... Sometimes i forget it but we start getting paid, so it would be hard not to be able to deliver a benefit just cause my Stage is out of order...

The Nux has met improvements --> Scenes for example (not exactly a Morph cause you can't act on parameters, only on activation/deactivation of FXs) and sounds are good. It brings a 2 more switches pedal in the box to control more things (but i don't use them)....

I've just bought a Player. The idea is having a second Kemper at home to train, to be able to built/try rigs at home and transfer them to my Stage, to have a small device to bring everywhere and a backup with exactly the same sounds...

For the moment, with all the limitations, all these goals are not fulfilled. but i took the leap cause C.K. said unlocked paid features will come.

KPP's sounds are top-notch, it's unecessary to tell so cause they are the same as big units. However, I get a little bit frustrated, on one side, cause i would like to try and go deeper in some FXs parameters that are not present for the moment on the device.

On the other hand, i would like to have homogeneous rig between Player & Stage (i can obtain some really good ones with the player) and start asking myself if the Stage is not becoming a "luxury" unit cause i'm just able to push simple rigs from the Player to my Stage ?!

I don't want to play the game of 7 mistakes on all my rigs.... :cursing: I want to make it simple....Just drag and drop a rig from one unit to the other whatever the direction...

Ergonomic will stay better on the Stage (by far) ! ;)

PS : If i was a professional (or would do more gigs) ; i surely have bought a second used Stage ;) :/

Si tu achètes une enceinte amplifiée, tu pars de la sortie main output ou de la sortie Monitor (qui ne passe pas par l'ampli du Kemper (chose à ne surtout pas faire)) et utilises un câble instrument.

Dans ton cas de figure, je te préconise le Kemper Kabinet (non-amplifié et moins cher) et là, tu sors de la sortie rouge amplifiée du Kemper avec un câble speaker.

nope. the m-vave does not act as USB-host, so you can only use the USB-A port (that is the one where you would also plug in a USB-stick) on the KPP

Player's usb ports seem to react to midi signal, i wanted to know if it would possible to link one m-vave to usb-c to control rigs call and another one to usb-b to control FX on/off for example !? To have 8 switches in total....

I have no idea but I would surprised if it is as it sort of defeats the purpose and just gives you a modular Stage with less functionality.

I understand what you are pointing at, but i don't share this point of view.

Since the launch of the Player, even C.Kemper wants to reduce possibilities (FXs) but i think it's a bad calculation, just IMO.

I can understand that basically said, the Player is half price the Head/Rack/Stage.

But i see a lot of poeple who have bought the Player, and already own a bigger unit --> It's not to go to the cheapest unit, they add another Kemper unit to the one they already have....

To see things from another point of view, I ask myself this question ; if you had to buy a Kemper nowdays which one would i choose ?

Maybe i would buy the Player, to try Kemper's sound and cause it's the cheapest/newest ; but it would be a mistake.....

I don't like "modular" stuffs with added switches/cables.... If i wanted a pedal board with all those inconvenience i would go to a traditionnal rig....

I have a Nux MG30, with an added 2 footswitches (and TRS cable) includedin the box ; i never use it.

If i had to keep one ; The Stage is the best. I want to take my (all-in-one) multi-FX from his bag and use it (ok, i plug pedals ;) ^^ )....

In term of price, it's easy to compare New Stage vs new Player but with adding stuffs for Player, i'm convinced a used Stage deserves the additionnal amount (i find ones at 950/1050€)....

It would be great to have morphing on kemper player. Lots of people are asking for more effects block, but I think morphing would solve everything for me.

One does not prevent from the other ;)

With morphing, it's better having more Fxs Blocks ; you can make some appear while some other stop with mix parameter.

When i see that monitor outputs are TRS, i don't even ask myself if it won't be possible to put some other pedals to control morph or wah....?! :/

It could be cool to tell the player XLR for the FOH ; monitor output 1 for my Kabinet and the second a morph input pedal....

C.Kemper is a genius and a guy with a lot of resources (with his team, i don't forget you guys ;) ) , he has proven he can bring us a lot of surprises :thumbup: <3

I don't know if i dream this time and if it's able to do so !?

I went for MIDI (m-vave chocolate) since I need to use the single exp/switch input for my expression pedal controlling wah (and hopefully, some day, in the not so far future, please, when god and Christoph Kemper allow, please, ... whammy)

I don't see the information, but is it possible to link M-vave chocolate via a USB cable to Player ? I only see pictures via Wifi/Widi.....

IMO, behaviours & informations are coherent with needs.

In browser mode, you want to browse (of course 8o ) and try different rigs, then, you see directly rigs' settings. If you want to change some parameters you can rely on screen's informations. On the other side, a lot of rigs are set to zero for bass/mid/treble but it doesn't represent the amp's settings.... ;)

Once the settings are done you push the rigs you want/like into your perfomance set.... You can eventually work on them but it's at the margin....

Current performance's informations are more coherent with stage's needs.

Even if i've made some reproaches (that i maintain), i've bought one (and, yes, it's hard to find one).

This little unit is a good one to go and travel, as a backup and train at home but i still wait for the unlocked features....

4 Fixed blocks are not enough, got some rigs with 4:1 noise gate, it immediatly reduces the number of possibilities. I've got some rigs on my Stage that i can't simplify and want to copy in this little toy ;)

PS ; i've already seen two used Players for sale too....