Profile Player best Footswitch controller

• Hello

I'm researching a footswitch pedal. I would like it with cable. I have not yet considered a MIDI alternative, but I do not rule out one like M-Vave.

The Kemper alternative is always present, but it only has two buttons.

There is also the HOTONE Dual Footswitch Pedal, much cheaper.

Electro Harmonix Triple Foot Controller caught my attention. Someone has tried?

Thank you

• I went for MIDI (m-vave chocolate) since I need to use the single exp/switch input for my expression pedal controlling wah (and hopefully, some day, in the not so far future, please, when god and Christoph Kemper allow, please, ... whammy)

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Kemper Player, Seymour Duncan Powerstage, Orange PPC212, Suhr S.Henderson Strat, Fender Ultra Tele, PRS S2 Custom24, Variax JTV-69

• I went for MIDI (m-vave chocolate) since I need to use the single exp/switch input for my expression pedal controlling wah (and hopefully, some day, in the not so far future, please, when god and Christoph Kemper allow, please, ... whammy)

MIDI, m-wave is a good option too. I will think about it, to use a wah or similar

• oh, what it is? Please details. MDI Captain. Maybe to big or expensive or dificult to buy in Spain.

What model is it.

As far as I know, this is the midicaptain six step firmware version, and the new firmware will be released soon. There will be ten step firmware updates in the future

I don't see the information, but is it possible to link M-vave chocolate via a USB cable to Player ? I only see pictures via Wifi/Widi.....

• Hello,

I have both the toaster and KPP, I was using my toaster with fcb1010 with a "uno for kemper" chip which works flawlessly. First I bought an m-vave wireless MIDI transmitter that comes with a USB stick, to be honest, I didn't expect KPP to work with FCB but it worked which is awesome. Then I also bought an m-vave MIDI controller it also works wirelessly or with a cable but it was kind of frustrating because both mobile and PC apps won't let you "fully" control MIDI messages. for example, there are 2 factory settings in which you can change banks by pressing the left 2 or right 2 buttons. e.g.: 1A 1B 1C 1D then the pres right 2 button is 2A 2B 2C 2D which sounds good but the problem is it sends a message to KPP to switch the 5th profile when you pres 2A and 6th for 2B you see my point? there are custom and advanced custom selections in the apps but it won't allow you to change messages for dual buttons so what I did is this: I assigned 4 buttons to 1-4 of the profiles and used 2 buttons on KPP to bank up and down. Hopefully, combo buttons will be added soon and I will be able to use 3 buttons on KPP for FXs.

I hope this helps :)

• Electro Harmonix Triple Foot Controller caught my attention. Someone has tried?

Thank you

Unfortunately, I don’t think the Kemper products can make use of the 3rd switch on this pedal. To be honest, when I looked it up I thought it would need two cables but EH have used a really simple and ingenious solution.

Triple Foot Controller | Remote Footswitch - Electro-Harmonix
    Compact, easy-to-use utility pedal providing remote foot-control for devices with external footswitch jacks!
    www.ehx.com

A TRS plug has 3 potential combinations for shorting the signal. T-S, T-R, S-R.

Burkhard I wonder if the Kemper could recognise and interpret this with a simple software update or if the hardware isn’t compatible. A player with an additional 3 switches could be a killer rig alternatively a Stage or Remote with a 3 button external switch could be a great solution.

• Is a Kemper Player Remote planned (4-6 switches) ?

I have no idea but I would surprised if it is as it sort of defeats the purpose and just gives you a modular Stage with less functionality.

I was referring to how a 3 button switch might be useful for someone like me who also has a Powerhead and Remote.

• I have no idea but I would surprised if it is as it sort of defeats the purpose and just gives you a modular Stage with less functionality.

I understand what you are pointing at, but i don't share this point of view.

Since the launch of the Player, even C.Kemper wants to reduce possibilities (FXs) but i think it's a bad calculation, just IMO.

I can understand that basically said, the Player is half price the Head/Rack/Stage.

But i see a lot of poeple who have bought the Player, and already own a bigger unit --> It's not to go to the cheapest unit, they add another Kemper unit to the one they already have....

To see things from another point of view, I ask myself this question ; if you had to buy a Kemper nowdays which one would i choose ?

Maybe i would buy the Player, to try Kemper's sound and cause it's the cheapest/newest ; but it would be a mistake.....

I don't like "modular" stuffs with added switches/cables.... If i wanted a pedal board with all those inconvenience i would go to a traditionnal rig....

I have a Nux MG30, with an added 2 footswitches (and TRS cable) includedin the box ; i never use it.

If i had to keep one ; The Stage is the best. I want to take my (all-in-one) multi-FX from his bag and use it (ok, i plug pedals ;) ^^ )....

In term of price, it's easy to compare New Stage vs new Player but with adding stuffs for Player, i'm convinced a used Stage deserves the additionnal amount (i find ones at 950/1050€)....

• I think we are agreeing with each other.

I think a Player with a "remote" type pedal board would be a poor way of achieving less than the Stage already provides. Therefore, if I wanted the flexibility of the Stage including many foots itches for changing banks/rigs/FX I would buy a Stage instead of a Player and Midi Pedal. Where the Stage makes a lot of sense is for the people who do like modular stuff and want a more traditional personalised setup. This is where additional 2 or 3 button foot switches seem to make sense. A player plus midi pedal seems like a handicapped Stage or Head to me but obviously there are plenty of others who feel differently which is fine too.

• Thanks a lot ! ;)

Another question, is that possible to link 2 M-vave via the 2 usb ports ? Don't know if anyone has tried this ?!

nope. the m-vave does not act as USB-host, so you can only use the USB-A port (that is the one where you would also plug in a USB-stick) on the KPP

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Kemper Player, Seymour Duncan Powerstage, Orange PPC212, Suhr S.Henderson Strat, Fender Ultra Tele, PRS S2 Custom24, Variax JTV-69

• nope. the m-vave does not act as USB-host, so you can only use the USB-A port (that is the one where you would also plug in a USB-stick) on the KPP

Player's usb ports seem to react to midi signal, i wanted to know if it would possible to link one m-vave to usb-c to control rigs call and another one to usb-b to control FX on/off for example !? To have 8 switches in total....