Delayed pitch shifted notes.

• Just my opinion.
    I don't think it's possible to duplicate the real affect of playing and recording a track twice and panning it left and right...problem is, it takes a lot of rhythm playing guitar skill to pull it off.

I've been watching my buddy doing it in his studio for years, every rhythm track he records he double tracks by playing it twice, panned 50% left and right....he's a great rhythm guitarist.

All his Soundclick tracks are double tracked.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=5946924
    http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=8451241

• I'm fortunate to have eased my GAS of these features by adding an a Eventide H9 and Strymon Timeline to the KPA loop.
    From these devices something like the 'Ice' algorithm (TL) or the (simpler) Diatonic algo (H9) go very well with the KPA. However, I bet the Kemper team could come up with a unique spin on something like an arpegiator... All very 'icing on the cake' but we all like to scoff a bit of cake at times... I'm not sure whether these ideas stray too far from CK's original plans for the KPA though. If there is to be a delay stomp then that might open up adding it to the existing and rather splendid pitch effects.

Cake for thought.

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• I agree with Brattcave, the kemper team could easily add this to their pitch effects. And to the cake analogy, I agree the kemper is already very good, but who wants to eat a cake without the icing?? lol

• I would vote for Variant 2. Even though it is cliche, for my use in creating ambient soundscapes, etc. it would be best. Right now what I do is have a long delay with the delay reverb mix set to be on the delay tails, that way when I swell in on the volume pedal there isn't a huge reverb created on the initial note, just the delayed notes. Having a very long reverb then gives a great ambient effect. Thanks for this feature by the way CK!

• adding an a Eventide H9 and Strymon Timeline to the KPA loop.

From these devices something like the 'Ice' algorithm (TL)

Hey Brattcave- I was considering this. .Do you use a foot controller? Just curious if it could then be wrangled with the FCB1010 (with Uno4K chip) for live use. I have a TL and an Eventide Time Factor now gathering dust... I kinda miss some of the more layered multi tap, subtle pitched delays and "ice" effects I got with them. The Kemper's on board delay is fine but the Strymon and Eventide seemed more 3D to me... maybe the KPA's need more user fine tuning?

Stuffing an effects box and power supply into my rack and wrangling the MIDI switching, tap tempo, etc sounds like a pain - makes my brain hurt! ;( ;(

• Hey ewrath2 - Nope, not currently using a foot controller - just a weekend studio warrior at the moment. The KPA's delays are fine but they don't currently have the more fancy filter options and pitch effects that the TL has. The H9 has obviously given me many more options to tinker with! I think that when / if the KPA gets some sort of pitch / delay love child it will be a different spin on what's on offer elsewhere - seems to be the way the Kemper designers like to ply their trade. I'm sure it will be very interesting if they ever decide to pursue this area... I hope they do :P

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs