Second time is the charm

• After selling my inital KPA and going through an Axe-Fx II detour, I'm back with a profiler rack. Thought I wanted a powered version, but I think I've found the place for this unit in my herd as a studio tool and occasional direct to FOH unit when I don't want to carry an amp to rehearsals. I'm working on some profiles of my MarkV and they are just freakin excellent so far. Don't know why I'm having better results this time around, but I probably never should have sold in the first place. Using the Axe as a gigging rig was a giant mistake with the updates changing everything. Now I get the same sound from my MarkV gigging rig but at whisper quiet volumes. And the same FEEL. Even turning down the volume knob on the guitar feels right, which is way more than I could say for the Axe where it got brittle and thin.

It's all in finding the right profiles. :) And having a nice amp to fall back on. (and create profiles of)

• Welcome back, Karl. :thumbup:

I think first time round the instant expectation controls the mind & ears, second time round the mind is more relaxed and patient.
    It's overwhelming, so many Profiles, so many tone possibilities, wanting to learn everything instantly, etc.
    Actually, it's better you sold and bought again, it's given your ears and fingers a chance to try something else and then re-experience the Kemper, again. :) ...if you like it this time around I think you'll forever like it.

Look forward to your Profiles.

• Welcome back!

I was sure it is not for long - when I read you sold your KPA and went AxeFx again :D

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Welcome back!

I made the same journey you did. I got my Kemper about 18 months ago, and I sold it and went through several tube amps. But now that I am back, I am so glad to be here. The KPA sounds amazing, and I have all my old amps (profiles) back, and it's great!

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• LOL! I see that I am not alone in this. That is good to know.

I thought, hey, I'm really good at tweaking stuff. Plus, getting there is half the fun. NO IT IS NOT! I spent something like 5 minutes getting some Mark V profiles from the rig exchange to work really well for home practice and recording, and I haven't spent more than a half hour so far gathering 2 profiles of my real Mark V. Although I do have more experimenting with mics and placement to do there. But still, it isn't hard. And the latest firmware update didn't negate all of my "hard" work. Bonus!

Forget tweaking. I like actually playing better than that.