Midi Controller for controlling KPA AND other Gear at one time

• Hi!
    I need to buy a Midi Controler.
    I want not only control the Kemper but also my Strymon Mobius und Strymon Timeline Pedals. So e.g. that with one Push on a switch of the controler I choose a certain Rig in the Kemper and also a certain Delay in the Strymon Timeline....
    Never had a midi Controler, so I'm unsure if this is easily to do with all the Controllers that work with the Kemper or not.
    :?:
    Do I have to look for something special or does every midicontroler that works with the KPA also do what i need?

• Does the Strymon "react" to Program Changes? If so... chose any MIDI controller you want (just assign the KPA's rig to the corresponing Program change)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Just read this in another thread:
    "Doesn't sound like you need to control any other MIDI gear, But incase you do, UNO for KEMPER will only control KPA and nothing else"

If this is true I need to buy the FCB without chip or with the "normal" UNO Chip (not the "for Kemper" version), right?

• Personally, I would go with the standard UNO chip for anything custom. For what your wanting to do, you'd ideally set the KPA to listen on some MIDI channel and then your Timeline on another MIDI channel. Then you'd program the FCB/UNO when you hit a switch to send the KPA PC to the KPA and the Timeline PC to to Timeline, loading both patches with a single footswitch.

• Thought so to. I also got a Midi Interface (Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6) to program the FCB.
    Having more functions is more important to me than plug and play.
    Will the Tuner be shown in the fcb display with the standard UNO chip?

• Thought so to. I also got a Midi Interface (Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6) to program the FCB.
    Having more functions is more important to me than plug and play.
    Will the Tuner be shown in the fcb display with the standard UNO chip?

No it will not. Small price to pay for advanced programming via editor. Honestly, if you don't need stomp box mode where one row controls FX on/off and the other patches the FCB1010 with factory firmware will likely work for you. However, in addition to the stomp mode you also get live sysex receive from an editor and a couple other usability features with the UNO.

• *Someone correct me if this is wrong. I haven't done it personally*

The Kemper should be sending a program change message out, so if you were to plug a MIDI Y-cable in to the KPA's Midi Out, with one end running to your FCB and one running to the Strymon pedals, and then set up your rig numbers and Strymon patches to have the same numbers, that should do the trick.

I think.

• *Someone correct me if this is wrong. I haven't done it personally*

The Kemper should be sending a program change message out, so if you were to plug a MIDI Y-cable in to the KPA's Midi Out, with one end running to your FCB and one running to the Strymon pedals, and then set up your rig numbers and Strymon patches to have the same numbers, that should do the trick.

I think.

Yes but the problem is some of the realtime CC# will also be sent thru and may effect the device in unexpected ways.

• Can you assign different Program Changes to ONE button with the "normal" UnO chip?
    If not... you don't win anything ... I'd just go for the Uno 4 KPA and just set it to send on all MIDI channels - done.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Can you assign different Program Changes to ONE button with the "normal" UnO chip?
    If not... you don't win anything ... I'd just go for the Uno 4 KPA and just set it to send on all MIDI channels - done.

What happens when you want to toggle just your stomp and not the KPA? How would that work? What if you want the expression pedal to only control your stomp and not the KPA volume/wah/whammy?

Yes the original uno firmware lets you send 2 PC# on different Midi Channels.

You can actually send up to 5 PC, 2 CC, or even MIDI note on and velocity messages all on any MIDI channel. Extremely powerful if you think about it. Like I said, if you want to do custom stuff, stick with the original UNO. Chances are you don't really care about the 2 way communication as you are programming in other devices in addition to the KPA.