What is the goal?

• When I read a lot of the postings in this forum, I wonder why a lot of people are working hard on it, to get a similar sound with the Kemper than they had before with their amp.
    Isn´t it somehow stupid – to spend a lot of money and time to have the same than you had before. If they were satisfied with their sound, why do people do that? Just to have a little loss weight for the distance from the car to the stage and back?
    My personal goal was to sound BETTER than before. The KPA offers so much opportunities but some people seem to ignore that and are just heading for the same old thing.
    So what was your personal goal to buy this unit?

Play it like you mean it.

• To each his own, I'd say!

I'm looking for a selection of organic tones from the Kemper. Really excited to have finally got one. I'll start by messing with the factory profiles, graduate to picking and choosing from highly recommended user profiles and eventually look forward to tweaking sounds with the amp controls and further tone modification tools like EQ or spatial effects.

But the next guy? Who knows what that maniac is dreaming of doing? ^^

• Just to have a little loss weight for the distance from the car to the stage and back?

Carry a 5150 or another head and a 4x12 Box, a little rack and a pedalboard with some stompboxes? The difference seems to be somethin roundabout 120 Pounds?!
    Carry the whole stuff over a campground to the stage where you play?

Thanks, i prefer my kemper arriving with a smile on my face! Greets to your back ;)

And soundwise it´s damn close to my setup. Speaking from a miked cab to FOH!

• When I read a lot of the postings in this forum, I wonder why a lot of people are working hard on it, to get a similar sound with the Kemper than they had before with their amp.
    Isn´t it somehow stupid – to spend a lot of money and time to have the same than you had before. If they were satisfied with their sound, why do people do that? Just to have a little loss weight for the distance from the car to the stage and back?
    My personal goal was to sound BETTER than before. The KPA offers so much opportunities but some people seem to ignore that and are just heading for the same old thing.

KPA allow me to avoid to bring on stage 2 heads (one for dirty and one for Clean).. and all the switching system ( AB box, and pedals I like to use in the Loop FX ;on Dirty And on Clean) and All My fav Sounds Leaving Everything Safe at Home.
    If I move from my studio to another ,..I don't have to Bring Anything than a USB ( funny that I often forget it) if there's a KPA in the other Studio

And, beside this.. it's noisless and Sounds Better. Defintely Better.

so One Goal Brings to Other Goals!

• Yeah I agree with the whole stories here and would add that it's very convenient to play on FR monitors (and Stereo BTW !!!) , your ears are much less tired after a few hours. Not to mention the fact that you just have to plug your guitar in order to record it...
    Regarding tweaking your own amp rigs , it's very easy & rewarding since you'll get results that you won't find with the original amp ( gain course, extensive amp & cab tweaking , FX ...), most of my own rigs are much better than the 'limited' results I actually got out of my amps ( I sold my boogie , kept the vintage amps).

• I have bought the KPA 18 months ago first and foremost to reach ONE Goal:

getting rid of the tiring procedure of microphone moving around for hours in order to get my sound.

one day my marshalls and egnaters and soldanos sounded briliant, the other day like a piece of sxxt! this was a pain in the a... to be frank. Mission accomplished. Right from the very start with out-of-the-box profiles i had the best sounds of my life. Then professional profiles became available and i am in sonic heaven now. Then i understood the concept of reamping and now i have to play a part only once or twice and can fumble around with the sound afterwards. Even more bliss on my side! 8o :thumbup:

Concerning that my top has more than 20 Kilos, the "weight" of the KPA is a much appreciated plus as many others have stated.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• I like CK's response on a different posting. Beyond the sound, versatility, simplicity and easy to carry/set-up factors he made some great points about repeatability:

"if you take a profile in a Studio with plenty of time, or if you carefully choose your profiles at home from all the professional content, and you adapt them to your playing, you evolve a superior situation, that is a 100% reproducable in every live situation. When you play your dedicated profiles along your favourite recording and it mixes well, your sound will be great in a live venue, since the recording should sound great too, played through the same PA.

Do you have a keyboarder in your band? Keyboarders have never worried too much about their live sound, cause they know their keyboards sound good through a good PA. If it doesn't sound good, then the PA has a problem, that affects the whole band. Your guitar sound could be such a reference sound as well.

Many profiles are taken with more than one microphone - a technique that is rarely used in live venues, when you are not a superstar.

You don't rely on the microphones and critical cables of the PA company. The microphone position will not vary from gig to gig. The crucial equalizing for compensating a mediocre microphone position is obsolete.

The sound is transferred by XLR cables at studio level. No stage DI boxes are required. Show the PA technician the ground lift switches. The Profiler is resistant against incoming phantom power from the mixer.

When you deliver a sound that was perfect in the rehearsals, he front mixer might not even touch the EQ of your channel and immediately proceed to the voice sound, for example.

etc."

Simply a great product.

• To the OP. Perhaps one might present the question to you, what can be better than the real thing? The Kemper finally offers what I feel is an equivalent tonal response but in a convenient light weight package and is absolutely consistent at any volume.

• Well for me it's a mutitude of great consistent tones. At 63 I have a light weight soloution for stage that has every amp I've boughr and owned over 50 years and a lot more i could never afford or ever want to carry to/from a gig, in one fast easy setup. Everything from clean Fenders to my favorite Deizels

• Well for me it's a mutitude of great consistent tones. At 63 I have a light weight soloution for stage that has every amp I've boughr and owned over 50 years and a lot more i could never afford or ever want to carry to/from a gig, in one fast easy setup. Everything from clean Fenders to my favorite Deizels

that is absolutely true for 52 years of Age as well afai concerned. and amps that would have costed a fortune - the vanWeelden and the Bogners - are there, too.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

If all you wanted were the sounds from a single amp, the Kemper would not be a good decision for most people, imo. But getting the sounds of hundreds of amps is a much different story.

I agree that simply using a stock amp profile, without tweaking it, is not using the full capabilities of the Kemper. But I don't think many people do this. I've tweaked most of the profiles I use - even profiles of my own amps.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• Another example my collection of 50's amps have volume and single tone controls that's it. I just profiled my 64 Princeton now that its profiled I can sculpt the sound in way not possible in its stock form.

• Simples,
    1. To be able to profile the Normal Channel of my beloved 1964 Vox AC30 Top Boost with Blue Celestion speakers enable and FX Loop for a Looper/Synth Ego pedal, add Tube Screamer, FX ie Mod/Delay etc and be able to gig this round the pubs & clubs I am presently playing without breaking my back, setting fire to the place at an adequate volume.
    2. To be able to play with profiles of amps I would never own or have the chance of playing through in my lifetime unless a giddy Aunt left me millions in a will.
    3. To be able to create never before heard tones and experiment.

I have owned and pretty much used every single piece of cool guitar tech over the years and as an employee of Roland UK, can most certainly confirm that the Kemper Profiling Amp is a game changer.
    Enjoy,
    Mark

• Before I switched to modelers, long before I adopted a Kemper, I was lugging well over a hundred pounds of gear. If that's not a concern for you, more power to you... :thumbup: As a 50-something musician, it was getting to be a bit much for me. ;( Yes, I did the roller cart thing and the hand truck thing; they're great for smooth level ground. Unfortunately, I didn't traverse much smooth level ground... :(

Personally, I didn't give up anything sound-wise, despite having retired some very good amps. I did give up the aforementioned back-breaking carry and a host of reliability issues and performance inconsistencies (e.g. the effect of AC line voltage on the amp's sound).

The Kemper is unique in that it takes content creation (in this case, the profiles) out of the hands of the vendors. Providing the ability for anyone with a decent mic and an amp to capture the amp's sound and behavior is ground-breaking!

When I bought the Kemper, the attraction was the availability of amp profiles that none of the other vendors would ever bother to create.

I didn't think that I'd ever create my own profiles. My first attempt convinced me that you can get good results with little effort. I've profiled a couple of my amps, and am happy with the results.

As I'm learning more about the Kemper, I'm getting used to the controls that let me alter a profile. It's really nice to be able to "tweak" an amp to my liking without investing time, effort and expense in new parts and modifications.

What's the goal? The Kemper is a tool. No more; no less. It has capabilities that none of my other musical tools possess. That's my only justification for having a Kemper.

The Kemper is not (and likely never will be) a universal replacement for my entire signal chain. There are some weaknesses and limitations. Some of my effects aren't reproducible by the Kemper. The learning curve is pretty steep and is not really aided by the English-language manuals. The start-up time makes the Kemper a risk for live performance in places where the power might glitch.

• hey Guys...
    Anyone get in the situation to have a lot of Un-used gear (amps or cabs) AND reached the Goal of having Sold almost everything??

that was an Assist..a passage..a Cross,
    how do you Say!!??!!)