Global Reverb Mix Parameter in the Output Menù

• Hi all, Kemper guys ;)
    I used to use with other digital modeling a Global Reverb Parameter. You know that the Reverb is very very important to complete the sound of any rig, but you know also that every rehearsal room, or concert venue, has is own reverb that affects the global response of the perceived sound.

So, since turn off completely the reverb for a live situation is really a too big compromise for me and for many other users, my request is to have a Global Reverb Parameter in the Output Menù that acts as a multiplier of the Reverb mix or volume, this parameter could be implemented with the range from 0% to 200%, where 100% is the default value that means NO correction to the reverb, instead, any other value, decrease or increase all the rigs reverb by exactly the same amount so that anyone can tune the Global Reverb according to the rehearsal/concert situation. 8)

I had it on other digital platform and I must admit that it was one of the most important parameter ever.
    I'm sure that, hoping it isn't too complex, it can be a GREAT addition to the KPA. :rolleyes::whistling:
    Please, tell me what do you think about it and if it can be a good feature for all of us!

• This is interesting Maurizio, I usually lock the reverb setting 'cause I always use the same settings for all the rigs (if I need more "ambience" I tend to use a delay). So I guess in my case the Reverb settings act as a global parameter, and all I have to do is change them according to the venue.
    From what you write, it seems that you like to keep each rig with potentially different Reverb settings. Would you elaborate?

:)

• This is interesting Maurizio, I usually lock the reverb setting 'cause I always use the same settings for all the rigs (if I need more "ambience" I tend to use a delay). So I guess in my case the Reverb settings act as a global parameter, and all I have to do is change them according to the venue.
    From what you write, it seems that you like to keep each rig with potentially different Reverb settings. Would you elaborate?

:)

Sure! I confirm that I use completely different reverb settings for each rig.

Just a couple of example of rigs I was building in the last period:
    1) Rush - YYZ: in the same track, the first guitar part is with a very low reverb settings (short, lower mix etc...), in the central part of the song the reverb changes completely, more prominent in the mix, length and wideband
    2) Pink Floyd - Time: the rhythm guitar part have a very subtle reverb, while the solo has a strong reverb especially on the midium/high freq range

But also in guitar part for my own songs I use completely different settings of the reverb for each rig. It is a way to use the reverb in a very flexible and powerful way.
    I have dozens of examples like that, that's why I think that a Global Reverb parameter should be very useful.

I hope it is more clear now ;)
    Ciao!

• It was already clear, I just wanted to hear more :D :P

Seriously, yeah, I guess that because of the way I play music this is by far less interesting for me. But a reasonable request nevertheless :)

Ciao

• If you use very different reverb settings per rig, a global mix control would not make it.
    The mix would have a different impact to the different reverbs.

Are you working with a FOH mixing guy?

• If you use very different reverb settings per rig, a global mix control would not make it.
    The mix would have a different impact to the different reverbs.

Yes, this is absolutely true, and I thought the same.
    Anyway I believe that a global "multiplier" to the reverb mix can help (it is the same that uses the other digital platform, like Line6, Boss, Axe etc etc...).

Are you working with a FOH mixing guy?

Unfortunately no :( , this guys are available only for great venue, not for small club or rehearsal where we often use to play...

• ah, so that acts as a global wet/dry kind of mix parameter that would be global while retaining all the individual patch settings. I guess the only downside is having to output 2 signals. So if you output in stereo, you would need to connect via 4 output cables. Is this correct?

• ah, so that acts as a global wet/dry kind of mix parameter that would be global while retaining all the individual patch settings. I guess the only downside is having to output 2 signals. So if you output in stereo, you would need to connect via 4 output cables. Is this correct?

I also understand so, this can be a very good alternative! I believe that we need 4 output for stereo mode 2+2. But in this case we cannot use the monitor for ourselves, or we have to use the phones output as monitoring...