MXR Phase90 Presets for the KPA

• I am looking thought the Preset Menu......

1. Pick an Empty Stomp Box Button & Hold until it flashes
    2. Use the Preset Browser (Knob on the right hand side above the screen
    3. I see the Tube Screamer Preset that I created in the list
    4. There are no MXR entries in the Pha section, Closet I found was Pha Eddy

• I am looking thought the Preset Menu......

1. Pick an Empty Stomp Box Button & Hold until it flashes
    2. Use the Preset Browser (Knob on the right hand side above the screen
    3. I see the Tube Screamer Preset that I created in the list
    4. There are no MXR entries in the Pha section, Closet I found was Pha Eddy

The procedure is correct, the name you should have in the preset is the same of the kipr file you are importing... Don't know what can be happened, have you tried once again, maybe with only a single file?
    But attention that if you imported the directory Stomps instead of Stomp, you should see the presets in the Stomps menú, that are the first 4 slots together!!

• I imported ALL 7 files from the Stomps directory. I looked in the Stomp Box menu (Left side knob above screen). Still no MXR!

I tried importing the same 7 Stomps files for a second time, the KPA said the files were already imported.

BTW, I am using SW Version 1.8.x, do I need to upgrade?

Should I rename 1 of the 7 Stomps files and try just importing that one?

• Whoops, KPA SW Version is 2.1.1.x!

I renamed one of the Stomps file and Imported into the KPA.

No luck, it does NOT appear in either the Stomp Box or Preset Lists.

When I import the file the KPA confirms "1 Rig Imported". I even looked in the Last Imported Rigs area, still no success.

• Stand, don't fill lonley...
    It happened to me too, I can't find the PHA MXR... I'm running on 2.2.1.
    I can see the original presets, like PHA Eddy, and so on...
    I'll try to reload them again later just to see what happen.
    Anyway, thanks Maurizio for your work! :thumbup:

EDIT: Now I'm reading Maurizio's last post... I'll check this. Thanks! :)

Edited once, last by Hugo ().

• I just imported the presets, put both extracted folders into the shared folder on my USB drive and imported. Works perfectly. Thanks for sharing these great sounding presets. :thumbup:

• I only imported the 7 files in the Stomps Folder.

Should I import files from BOTH the Stomp AND Stomps Folders?

I have Imported about 100 Profiles and the MXR is the only one I have had an issue with.

• I imported the Stomp Folder Files (Stomps Folder Files were already imported) & I now see MXR in the Stomp Preset screen.

The key appears to be that you must Import BOTH the Stomp & Stomps Folder Files.

Thanks to all!

• Yeah, I just re-read Maurizio's notes on this:
    http://www.wikpa.org/Phaser#MXR_Phase_90

and it appears that the reason for the two folders is that one is just for the Phaser Presets, whereas the other was for the Stomp Presets, which include both a Phaser and EQ. The Phaser + EQ is more similar to the actual MXR, because it has an additional EQ change.

So for those trying to look for a single slot preset, you may have only imported the Stomp section presets... or vice versa.

• Yeah, I just re-read Maurizio's notes on this:
    http://www.wikpa.org/Phaser#MXR_Phase_90

and it appears that the reason for the two folders is that one is just for the Phaser Presets, whereas the other was for the Stomp Presets, which include both a Phaser and EQ. The Phaser + EQ is more similar to the actual MXR, because it has an additional EQ change.

So for those trying to look for a single slot preset, you may have only imported the Stomp section presets... or vice versa.

Yes, THIS!!!!!!! ;)

I specify better once again all on the first post, here again:
    In the link there are all of the MXR PH90 snapshots in two different form:
    1) with the replication of the KPA Phaser alone, very good, but not perfect on EQ side; you will find this browsing the stomp presets pushing any stomp (A B C D X Mod and moving the Browse knob);
    2) with the replication of the KPA Phaser+EQ, more precise, that you will find in the StompS section (the button under the slots A B C D !!!).

• One of my fave effects! Earl Slick did the entire "David Live" record and tour with an SG, a 50w Marshall and an MXR Phase 90. I recently gave a Phase 90 to a friend along with a copy of the David Live cd. I taped a note on the front of the cd that read "MXR Phase 90 user manual". :thumbup:

• So for those trying to look for a single slot preset, you may have only imported the Stomp section presets... or vice versa.

I guess, all these import issues are no firmware issues but caused by a misundestanding regarding STOMP presets versus STOMPS presets. You can create presets on the section level: STOMPS, STACK, EFFECTS. You can only browse through the list of such presets after bringing the section into focus.