Any one use a Kemper for Jazz Guitar sounds?

• I've been looking up the Youtube vids for Kemper and found many people demoing the hi gain sounds, do people consider it worth while for clean Jazz stuff?

Don't get me wrong, I like options that the Kemper offers, (I already have a couple of modellers), but I spend a great deal of my time using clean sounds, am I doing the right thing?

• absolutely.

there are many great clean rigs in the Rig Exchange (even some Polytones), there JC-120 rigs in the factory content, as well as super clean Deluxe, AC30, Bad Cat profiles.
    also, turning down the gain to zero on crunch profiles works really, really well.
    and since you can sort all profiles by gain, they're easy to find.

the upcoming Vintage Sound Project Rig Pack will also adress cleans (as well as crunch sounds)

• and yes the KPA has absolutely gorgeous clean tones !
    I also play with a solidbody or archtop, and you can find profiles of famous Fender clean amps for instance which are perfect for jazz !

• Yes ! I had to take a little time to adjust clean rigs of vintage and modern vintage amps : Dr Z 28 (Rig ex) and D'lux cactus (Factory rigs) , most rigs sound boomy without tweaking on my monitors.

Here is a demo with an archtop (clean ) on the right (Left is a strat on rotovibe)

It's better if you tweak your own rigs but if you are in trouble I'll send you mines. Adjust EQ , try with different cabs and also adjust Freq shifting for lows and highs in the CAB menu.

Enjoy !

• most rigs sound boomy without tweaking on my monitors

no offence, but boominess often is caused by having the monitors stand directly on a hard surface (no isolation pads), by the placement of (rear ported) speakers too close to a wall or much worse, a corner, or by the room itself (standing waves, no bass traps)

• no offence, but boominess often is caused by having the monitors stand directly on a hard surface (no isolation pads), by the placement of (rear ported) speakers too close to a wall or much worse, a corner, or by the room itself (standing waves, no bass traps)

Not sure about this , other guitars never get boomy and this Washburn sounds also boomy on my real JTM30 tube amp , I suspect the setup of my pickups or the PU themselves as well as the huge body of the JS6. However this is easily adjusted with swapping cabs & Freq Sh. On the other side those Jazzbox rigs sound very thin on other guitars.

• I've found music videos and clips of many genres posted in the wikpa.org
    http://www.wikpa.org/Enjoy_it

Some jazzy white christmas

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

[YOUTUBE]
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/YOUTUBE]

Mr. sandman jazz

[YOUTUBE]
    [/YOUTUBE]

Edited once, last by orko ().

• I am a real bad jazz player BUT, with my PRS HB, I have found a lot of profiles to get great Jazz sounds : Studio clean Package from Amp Factory, some Fender profiles and

some "dumble-like" profiles.

I'm confident you will find some real interesting profiles for Jazz !

Hb :thumbup:

• Cool, I'm amazed by the number of your responses, thanks.

I can see that the kids may have to lower their expectations for Christmas to help fund a nice little profiling amp!

Just checked out some of the vids, I like the mr sandman clip too, great vintage echo effect on the amp.

Edited once, last by ROOG: Additional comment ().

• It is great for jazz. I like many profiles and as others have suggested Fender amps always were one of my favorites for jazz. I just bought a single profile of a Vintage Blackface Twin and it is my latest favorite with my Benedetto Benny guitar. I would love to get a pair of really small FRFR speakers for use with it, like something with 10 inch or maybe even 8 inch speakers for portability for jazz gigs. In stereo it sounds great if you like a more modern sound with some delay, verb and/or chorus.

• I've been looking up the Youtube vids for Kemper and found many people demoing the hi gain sounds,

On a side note, I believe that metal guys are everywhere nowadays! Any and each new piece of software, app, simulator, modeller... coming out (have to) show their ability or facilities in the heavy tones territory. Usually, the first packs released by any of the before-mentioned tools are related to Metal. These guys do have a great market share for sure.

I must admit, I can expose myself to certain kinds of very heavy music for no longer than a few seconds per time, but I've realized that it's a very, very technical approach, specially as regards seeking tones. Heavy guys are really nerd, so to speak! No surprise that they are on the front line when a new technological device jumps up. But basing any statistic on this would be misleading IMO :)

• Oh yes, I have a lot of respect for good metal players, and as you say, there are a lot of products geared for their tone, at least that's how it seemed at the most recent guitar show I attended.

• We're in the process of recording the Christmas Seeds album that will be released next year. I'm using a 1961Gibson ES175 through the Kemper with the Fender VibroChamp profile for the clean preset; it sounds amazing!! I haven't yet settled on my distortion profile but have been leaning on the 1970 Marshall 100 watt, with guitar set on 8 and amp set to 11 o'clock on the volume.. it's got a nice southern rock smoothness like Dickey Betts... it needs the open back Marshall cabinet mod to get it just right but I'm pretty happy so far... I'll post something up as we get our tracks in and a rough mix.. I love the Kemper sound and am happy with the effects... mega cool for jazziness.

Gettin' funky up in here..