Are kemper owners convinced the high end is as clear & bright as a real amp?

• I wondered are kemper owners convinced the high end is as clear & bright as a real amp?
    Only I'm not sure I'm finding so. Maybe my budget speakers.

In a word? Yes.

Better still, my Kemper with the appropriate profiles sounds the way I want and expect. Even though I can require tones to fit a large range of musical textures and thus a range of amps tones which are vastly or subtly different, the KPA is more than right on the money compared to the "real amps" I have used for live performance or recording.

In your situation, fortunately, the question of you speakers being a "problem" is not difficult to rule out, IMO. As an example, toting a KPA to a well stocked music/audio store is much easier than finding the right mic for use as an overhead...

The KPA has no ugly reproduction characteristics which I have run into. If the amps to be profiled are good enough to produce what I want to hear, the KPA is superb in capturing what I'd be able to get with just the amp'cab and the same mic placed where it's placed.

Far closer than any other method I can think of.

Can it be profiled differently, miced differently, amp dialed differently, played through a different speaker, DI, etc., etc., and get "different results? Yes... without a doubt. The differences can be or seem large or nuanced... Without regard, any difference can rule a result unacceptable.

Maybe some recorded examples of what isn't sounding right to you would allow some informed opinion.

• I wondered are kemper owners convinced the high end is as clear & bright as a real amp?
    Only I'm not sure I'm finding so. Maybe my budget speakers.

There have been countless A/B comparisons where is it just about impossible to tell the difference between the real amp and the profile. When I got my KPA I also did several A/B comparisons, but I took it a step further, instead of using the A/B button on the KPA I totally bypassed the KPA when recording the amp, I still got the same result, it is so close that it is mind boggling, without taking notes it would have been impossible to figure out which was which. If you are having problems with the high end I am pretty sure it is not the Kemper and you need to look elsewhere for the problem.

• Try this:

Play the KPA -> give a shit about technical specs -> ignore all the internet discussion -> enjoy the best guitar sound a digital unit can produce.

:)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• The "11kHz" sample rate nonsense of just that, nonsense, it's fud from Cliff. If you want proof just go through your profiles with a spectrum analyser, you'll see that some do drop off at 11khz though it's not complete silence by any means, disable the cab section on those profiles that have this and you'll see that the full frequency spectrum is there, the reality is that many guitar cabs don't offer much about 11kHz either.

With regards the 700kHz sample rate that Christoph mentioned as I see it it's nothing at all to do with CPU speed butt rather algorithm subsampling internally. It's not a measure of potential, but of actual data rates, a very different thing.

If you're having problems with the treble end when profiling your amp then perhaps you could share a some samples of the same stuff re-amped through your amp and then through the profile you've made with your Kemper so we can hear what you're hearing. That way people could give you more specific advice. You never know, you may be encountering a bug, or have a setting off somewhere (have you checked your master EQ for instance?).

• Thanks for your replies. I'm left reassured it's probably my speakers or substandard profiles & not the Kemper.
    I've increased the top end using the equaliser & there now is a clear bright top end.
    In theory I should be able to get close to Beck's tone with the right profile, we'll see. Though not his class of playing of course. He's in a league of his own.

This article reminds one just how much is down to the player & the subtleties of how they use their hands to make the notes
    http://www.guitarplayer.com/ar…tigation-jeff-beck/150802

• Loving my KPA in the studio... amps and mics are a thing of the past for me now.. well, until I start profiling but then, man we've already got great profiles out here for my pleasure!

Gettin' funky up in here..