Lunix - Progressive Nation at Sea

• Hey guys! We just got picked by Mike Portnoy to play on Progressive Nation at Sea.

Portnoy says,

The biggest Prog event of the Millennium just got BIGGER!

For our Sixthman Soundcheck band submission contest, I listened to each and every one of the 180 entries and it was incredibly difficult to narrow it down to just 3 winners because there was so much great talent to choose from. Congratulations to BAD SALAD, FELIX MARTIN and EUMERIA for ultimately being selected as the three new bands to perform on this historic event.

But many more of the bands that entered the contest stayed in the back of my mind…

So I asked Sixthman if there was any way we could possibly make room for more bands…and while the Soundcheck Stage is full, we decided to add a 5th stage on board in the Bar City Lounge for up to 20 up & coming bands to perform on. This will be called the “NEW MILLENNIUM” stage.

Welcome aboard to the NEW MILLENNIUM stage at Progressive Nation at Sea:

AN ENDLESS SPORADIC
    BACKHAND
    BROTHERHOOD
    CINEMA NOVO
    DELTA
    GLASS MIND
    JUPITER GROOVE
    LUCID FLY
    LUNIX
    NO REFLECTION
    PERSONA GRATA
    THE SHROUD OF GAIA
    THANK YOU SCIENTIST
    VOUGAN
    ZOMBIE FROGS

Check out all of these amazing new bands online and come see them perform at PN14!

Mike Portnoy

Here is the video we entered to the competition. Its a bit rough as we had very little time to get it done and had not practiced together for a few months but it turned out alright :)

I am using my Kemper and our other guitarist is using a Boss gt8 and a Peavey Valveking head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7w5ffiyyLA

https://www.facebook.com/lunixband

Check out some of the other bands that got chosen as well they deserve some more attention.

Thanks for looking :)

• Wow!!!! congratulations. I'm so completely #$#$@#$@#$@#$ that I won't be able to go. My friend and I were looking at the lineups, and it's just mind-blowing. We found ONE stage on ONE day that had like 4 of our top 20 bands of all time.

Anyway, good to hear of the success of a fellow Kemperer, and wish you the best.

• Wow!!!! congratulations. I'm so completely #$#$@#$@#$@#$ that I won't be able to go. My friend and I were looking at the lineups, and it's just mind-blowing. We found ONE stage on ONE day that had like 4 of our top 20 bands of all time.

Anyway, good to hear of the success of a fellow Kemperer, and wish you the best.

Yeah the lineup is simply amazing. We are really lucky to be chosen to play alongside all these incredible artists. Exciting yet terrifying at the same time lol.

• It's really nice for you to join the show ! fun thing : Your drummer looks like Axl Rose :D

Is it me or the singer is often out of tune ??

Yeah he is out quite a bit but we had no time to do another take! But then how many pro metal bands do you see where the singer is 100% live? We are busy practicing to make sure we are all on the ball on the day though!