Kemper Price Increase

• Got mine from Musicians friend for $1500 back in September/November.
    I Did a Price match. Last Catalog I got it was $1900 new ( lunchBox non power amp ).

Most people don't realize you can talk the price down at some music stores.

• Ok, I stand corrected. ;)

Well, talking about exchange rates...think about this one. :)

My first Kemper order in December 2011 cost me R9.90 to 1 Euro.
    I just paid for some Kemper bags, R15.80 to 1 Euro is what I paid. ;(
    The South African Rand has collapsed against the Euro, USD and JYen...for tourists, SA is now the cheapest paradise on earth. :thumbup:

• German MSPR is €1620. This includes 19% VAT, so the export price is €1361 (currently US$1844).

I just bought KPA Lunchbox + FCB1010 + Uno for a total of €1690.

AXFXII + MFC + Mission SP1, which I had considered buying, would have been > €3300

So I could easily afford an Atomic CLR CAB with that and still have some money in the bank for the KFC.

I am still learning and playing with the factory presets, but coming from a BOSS GT100, I can tell this was my best gear investment ever :)

• Great, another user from Hamburg!
    Welcome! ;)

• 1. US Retailer almost always negotiate. NO ONE should actually have to pay $2133, easily $100 less, often more. JRR and zZound this past month are selling for $1550-1600 for a Retail or $1975, right?

2. The FXII price is $2200, and the FXII XL is $3000, FIRM.

3. The Kemper POWER unit will be HUNDREDS less than the FXII XL, and possibly only about $200 more than the FXII MKII's. A Power Amp 600W for $200 bucks extra!

4. The US increase therefore (preamp) is about 8%

5. When I got the Kemper, price was a part of the calculation, but the MAIN two parts were: Profiling my own amps and the better RAW amp sounds from the KPA over the FXII in clips I was asking for and able to hear from both units. NO ONE ELSE offers a PROFILER. So there is no competition to that aspect. You can model a 1959 Bassman, but it's not a model of a famous artists Bassman, nor a modded one, nor different decades, different speakers, etc that you can profile in 20 seconds each.

6. As the industry leader in profiling and amp tones, it can command it's price. But look at the Price Increase this way: MORE Equity for your USED KPA! And if you bought one used, you can sell it for MORE than you bought it for, IF you want to upgrade to a power amp model, or just cash out. So these units are like Apple and Honda products: Great Equity in them Used.

7. Kemper's 3 year warranty, following even used units, gives NO excuse NOT to buy even a used unit. You buy a 1.2 year old FXII, you are on your own. Get a 2 year old Kemper, and you still have a year of free warranty.

Wow, unless I'm mistaken that is two price increases since its release, I think this is a bad thing for the consumer. If I was in the market this price increase would certainly be a consideration. Now it is only $67 cheaper than the Axe II in the US, hmmm.

Maybe 67$ cheaper, but at least 130% realer.

• The Poweramp Kempers didn't increase, only the non powered Kempers increased.

No other product can compete with the Powered Kemper, it's in a class of it's own.
    Can you imagine what a FX11 XL (sounds like a Ford model ;) ) would cost if it had a Bang & Olufsen 600watt Class D poweramp built in...$4000.00 :?:

Maybe the increase on the non powered unit was designed to encourage more sales of the Powered units?...smart move.

• We actually just noticed this as well at the local retailer up in my area. I ordered mine on Wed as the head office had one rack in stock so I ended up getting it at the old price as they shipped it just before the price increase. I was lucky for once. Should be in on Monday. Can't wait!

:)