Rig Manager 1.0 public beta

• Will there be a way to append to multiple tags at some point? So I can download Rig Exchange and Pre-Pend "RE - <rig name>" to a batch file?

If you just want to rename/append things in the file system, you might do it under Windows. I've been using TotalCommander's Renaming tool, which is spectacularly powerful, easy and fast. I believe it can manage an unlimited number of files per operation.

You can also set templates to have certain tasks automated. For example, I always move the date/hour in the filename at the end, so to have the profiles sorted by name. There are longer and shorter digit strips tho, but with TC it's a breeze to just load the right renaming template with a click.

It's a tool which comes really in handy for a lot of other applications as well tho

:)

• Quick question - the preview function: If I preview a rig via the rig manager will the rig stay on the kemper or will it be deleted after I tried it automatically?

Preview will load the Rig to the Profiler, but it is not stored to the browse pool. It is gone as soon as another rig is loaded or listened to.
    This enables you to check out a large amount of rigs without strain your rig pool.
    If you want to keep it, you can either drag&drop the rig to the MyProfiler location or press [STORE] on the Profiler and save it.

• My god.. that preview function is amazing.. and also it's going to be the end of my social life..
    Just arrow down to preview the next... I fear this function :)

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• I have a problem ! :huh:

The rig manager doesn't load rig-exchange rigs.
    There are only the rigs of my kemper, but there are no internet rigs.
    What can i do ?

when I first sighted into RM it started loading all the rigs automatically from the exchange... it took about 10 mins or so at least... try again as the website has been up and down during the night... the text isnt very large where it show that rigs are loading... look at the bottom of the page..

• nothing. preview does not store anything permanently. have a look at the manual :)
    gs

don't tell me to look at the manual.. I don't have time for that ;) found out that just hitting store on the KPA stored that rig if I want it.. although it is just showing those few rigs in the favorites and not all my other favorites ATM... maybe when I turn off the RM it will blend them all together..

• This would require one of two things:

a) The Kemper's USB connection working as an audio interface, which we've been told isn't going to happen.
    b) The Rig Manager using your audio interface itself. Interfaces will typically only let one program use them at a time, so you wouldn't be able to use your DAW at the same time.

I'm thinking your current method (DAW open, playing a loop, use the Rig Manager to audition) is the best bet.

Right. My idea was simply meant as a simplification because I'd prefer to use only one software instead of two, the RM and my DAW. Don't like to switch between both to preview rigs. :)

So, yeah, you're right, in most cases you'd only be able to use the Rig Manager for selecting a rig and previewing it with a pre-recorded sound file. Fine by me :)

Sure, next step would be to use the Kemper via a plugin in your DAW... ;)

• when I first sighted into RM it started loading all the rigs automatically from the exchange... it took about 10 mins or so at least... try again as the website has been up and down during the night... the text isnt very large where it show that rigs are loading... look at the bottom of the page..

In my case it downloaded all the rigs ( i downloaded the manager 20 minutes after the release) but know they're gone...
    I reinstalled the rig manager, but that didn't help :(

• OK a little concerned now.. I was browsing the rigs in the exchenge and added 10 as new favorites .. BUT . now I don't have any of my other 100 or so favorites at all.. nowhere to be found... I made a backup before upgrading will that have saved my favorites... or am I missing something about the new favorites now.. Just was all my tweaked rigs back...

• OK a little concerned now.. I was browsing the rigs in the exchenge and added 10 as new favorites .. BUT . now I don't have any of my other 100 or so favorites at all.. nowhere to be found... I made a backup before upgrading will that have saved my favorites... or am I missing something about the new favorites now.. Just was all my tweaked rigs back...

Make sure your name in the preferences matches exactly the name in the KPA.