Rig Manager won't install (archive corrupted?)

• I'm having problems installing rig manager, any help would be appreciated.
    I use windows 7 32bit. When I try to extract the archive of the 32bit version of rig manager it extracts the files but I also get error this message from winrar:

[Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/316805/rigrar.jpg]

I tried downloading it several times from the kemper site and always get the same error when I extract.

Then, when I try to run the installer it seems to be working ok but towards then end encounters some kind of error and I get the message that the installation ended prematurely.

Any ideas?

• Yes, you're right.
    The installer still doesn't work though, so I guess the problem is not related to the winrar error message.

• I managed to extract it with no problems with winrar.
    The extraction wasn't the problem, I still get the "setup ended prematurely" message when I run the installer.

• One more try:

Open Explorer and go to the folder that contains the installer.
    Then hold the ALT key and drag the installer to your desktop to create a new shortcut.
    Right-click this new shortcut and select Properties
    There is a field called Target ... put the text cursor at the very end of field's content, after the closing quote.
    Now add 1 space character and /passive
    It should then look like this: "C:\...SOMEBLABLAPATH...\Rig Manager 64-bit.msi" /passive
    Click OK and run the installer with double click on the shortcut.

Keep in mind that I can't perfectly test it because I simply don't get the error you have. But it might be worth a try. :)

• Nope, that didn't work either. The installation window just closed instead of getting the "setup ended prematurely" message. The HDD LED on my tower seemed to indicate that there was still some activity but I left it a few minutes and nothing happened.

• so first you got the error message during extraction and now you get one during installation, right?

If I were you I'd run a diagnostic on my HD, this reminds me of what can happen if there are 'bad sectors'.
    don't want to alarm you, but better safe then sorry.

and two different errors right after each other is a little odd.
    (especially if you consider the amount of people that obviously do not have these issues with the archive or the installer)

good luck :)
    let us know.

• Like I said in my previous posts, I managed to work out the corrupted archive problem and it was unrelated to the installer problem (it was the spaces in the folder name like lightbox mentioned).

The only issue I have now is that the installer can't complete the setup.

I'll look into the diagnostic on the HD, but I doubt it has anything to do with it, I've installed/used quite a few of programs/games etc and never had any problems.

Thanks.

• but the archive never was corrupted on 'our' side, so why did this happen on your machine in the first place?

I believe it was a winrar issue where for some reason it had problem to create a folder with a space in its name and automatically renamed it (that's what the error message in my first post was about), the archive wasn't corrupted.

• I know these are obvious questions, but

Do you have an Anti-Virus Software installed?
    Which one?
    Is it deactivated completely, when you install?
    Do you have admin rights when you install?

H

90% of the game is half-mental.