Best Profiles for Death Metal

• Pretty much all of the profiles discussed here sound fantastic to me. My personal favourites are the SinMix profiles (especially the ENGL and EVH) and the Stymphalian profiles (especially the 5150II).

For recording these sound pretty much perfect already, but I'd like to ask: does anyone have tips for tweaking profiles to get more of an amp-in-the-room sound, for jamming/practicing/writing at lower volumes (through studio monitors)?

Hi,
    If talking about my profiles, change definitions from 10 to 7-8, and yes, you can add some mids :D You can cut around 2-4 KHz using studio eq, very narrow. Add some Room Verb. If you want reamp DI via SPDIF, set distortion sense to -4 :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

• How does it compare to the SinMix and Stymphalian profiles of the 5150?

Well, I´d say it´s pretty much on the same level! The only thing that IS different is that all the origin profiles are tweaked. So if you don´t like tweaked tones that the origin bundle is not for you. If you don´t care about the tones being tweaked and just care about the sound then you´ll enjoy it!

• Well, I´d say it´s pretty much on the same level! The only thing that IS different is that all the origin profiles are tweaked. So if you don´t like tweaked tones that the origin bundle is not for you. If you don´t care about the tones being tweaked and just care about the sound then you´ll enjoy it!

haha thanks man!
    I don't really know anymore at which state I sent the profiles to you, but I do think I rolled back on the tonestack settings on a lot of them, after you said you prefered them more raw.
    There are quite a few in there where I didn't tweak the tonestack or eq at all.
    And on those where I have an post eq, it's not doing any major tone shaping, just taking out a bit of a certain resonance or mud.

So yeah, it's not the type of "100% raw, straight from what comes out of the profiler after refining", but it's also certainly nothing I'd consider "mix ready" or pre-shaped.
    But on all profiles you can cleary hear that it's the same setup, when you de-activate the tonestack and eq (if theres an eq in there).

Just food for thought :)

• One question... Are Origin profiles made by Mago? So can I expect them to sound close to the Mago ones on the rig exchange? Those 6505 rigs are on my top 10 favourite

• Yeah man it's me :)

Glad to hear you dig those! It's the same gear in my pack, but better profiles imo, so you should dig it ;)

That's great news!!! :thumbup:
    Next thing in my to-do list, buy your profiles!!! :thumbup:

• Just a note to say that the third SinMix metal pack has come out! I, for one, will be buying it in hopes that SinMix continues to produce these amazing profiles. Really hoping for some Bogner and ENGL stuff eventually!

Edited once, last by Glaurung ().

• Just a note to say that the third SinMix metal pack has come out! I, for one, will be buying it in hopes that SinMix continues to produce these amazing profiles. Really hoping for some Bogner and ENGL stuff eventually!

The third pack is absolutly incredible! The 333XL profiles are INSANE for death metal. They have that special aggressive attack that so many amps lack. The profiles really nailed that. So yeah - big recommendation from my side!

• Yes its true, this pack is quite different than the other, all thanks to a new DL cabinet and a slightly different microphone settings which in this position gives full sound amplifier. I'm too old to look at the logo of the amplifier, the most important that the profile has to kill - and I think that the profiles of the three pack are doing it;) The next step is a free update for metal pack I. So amplifiers that are most often used in metal 5150,6505 Hector, Krank (skipping Mesa) hahaha. I just have to make sure that it is better not to do it.

Remember that all of my profiles are unedited - clean sound that has been profiled. :thumbup:

Stay Metal!