It's been 33 years ago ...

• ... that a trio of guitarists made history recording the world's most famous acoustic guitar concert ever on a friday night in San Francisco. A true masterpiece I think everyone with at least a little interest in guitar music knows. Six years later I had the pleasure to attend a concert of one of the artists in Nürnberg, Germany. Paco de Lucia. Wow, this guy filled the place with his intense music, what an amazing experience to see him live.

Now, Paco de Lucia passed away and I'm deeply saddened.
    He's been one of the few guitarists who inspired generations of musicians and I'm sure his music will keep inspiring generations to come.

Cheers,
    Martin

PS: Here's a video of the last concert he did on November 23, 2013 in Santiago de Chile.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks for this post.

Been a big fan of Strunz y Farah for decades, but ironically haven't heard about this album,
    which from my reading today really opened the doors for so many jazz fusion acoustic artists.

A big fan of Rodrigo y Gabriella, now I have some new old fella's to cram in more ear candy!

• I had the privilege to be there at the concert in San francisco on that friday night.
    I was a Al di meola and John McLaughlin Fan and never heard of Paco de lucia till that show.
    His playing that night almost made Al and Johns playing seem technical he had so...... much feel.........
    and his right hand fingers are amazing to watch.

Thank you for the Music Paco!

• Que noticia triste ....I have seen him around 33 years ago with a flamenco show with some other flamenco guitarist and dancers. This was unbelievable. I still listen a lot to his music and love to play "Entre dos aguas". He was one of the best ...
    I hope he continues to play wherever he is.

Cheers Sacapuntas

• Friday Night in San Francisco has been a revelation for me. Never before I had heard a recording of acoustic guitars so full of energy, life, power.

In the same days, Italy lost two other prominent artists: Roberto Ciotti, the father of all italian blues guitarists, and Francesco Di Giacomo, extraordinary lead singer of Banco del Mutuo Soccorso. In 1972, their album Darwin had been voted best progressive album of the year by 300 American critics. If you love prog, don't miss it. The album I love most is Come in un'Ultima Cena. A prog masterpiece with a strong classical, Italian attitude.

This is not intended to hijack the thread, but to join us all in a frontierless condolence. Peace.

The following is not an official video, it's just the music that matters.
    They Say Dolphins Do Speak...

[media]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XynrwcmmAQ
    [\youtube]

Edited 4 times, last by viabcroce ().