What is your favorite Amp Factory bundle and why?

• Hi everyone,

I'm new to the community. (Just bought a Kemper and LOVE it!)

I bought my first few amps from Amp Factory and am very impressed. My favorite amp so far is the Metropolitan.

So far, I've purchased the Vintage bundle and a few singles. The Vintage bundle is great! I'm about to make another bundle purchase, but want to hear from you before making a decision. My style of music is somewhat folk and blues. I'm not into the heavy distortion at all. I think that I will likely be most interested in the Fender bundle or the Boutique bundle (pack 6). However, from what I've read people seem to really like the Amp Pack 1 as well. It looks like Amp Pack 2 is a best seller as well. (I read somewhere that those profiles are free with the Kemper, but I'm not sure if that is true.)

• Hiya JD

Indeed that is not true : ) - some of the Bundle 2 profiles came in a Kemper Release, but it was purely to "demo" and did only contain a small handful of profiles. - but its good to get an first impression from. - and indeed its still the best seller out of any bundles to date!.

you mention you like Blues (same as me) so we can be easy on the same page. - whilst I normally swing towards Fender style amps for this (and my personal fav of my own too) - however, recently my latest Budnle7 has absolutely inspired me more musically than any other pack Ive done, as its all about "blues" - as that was pretty much what I had in mind when creating it, and is perhaps one of my best packs to date...but there was no love for it here in the forum.

Having said that, feel free to drop me a line if you need personal info based on anything Ive done to date,

And I also need to state, that there are also other vendors, and of course the RE also.

Welcome to Kemperland!

• Have bought quite a few singles from TAF and the Vintage Pack.
    Of all the singles my two favorites are probably the Goldfinger and the Matt Schofield Two Rock from Pack 2. I play mostly bluesy stuff as well so you might also like them!

Cheers,
    Markus

• Yea I gotta say the bluesbreaker from pack 6 is pretty incredible. Pull up " full rig 2" with a strat or tele even, turn on the preloaded boost ( greenscreamer) and try and tell me that's not cocaine or Layla in a box :)

• I find myself using the amp factory's Tone king Imperial and Galaxy a bunch. So impressed by these I'm planning on buying a real life Skyking in the next month. The JTM as already recommended is killer. As far as packs go, the vintage one you have is damn awesome. Some gold in there for sure. Oh that reminds me.. The Bogner Goldfinger also has fantastic blues/moderate gain tones!
    And this is why I have too many profiles on my KPA.. Lol... :thumbup:

• I thought that Bundle 1 had great variety and the best bang for the buck in terms of number of profiles.

But I've been surprised by the many amps I like on the Bundle 6 Boutique pack.

Bluesbreaker is the bomb. Put an LP to it and you have instant Beano. Or just a badasses sound beast.

• Thank you all so much for the input. Lots of food for thought here. I will be checking these out for sure! In time, I hope to get all of the bundles. Maybe one or two a year. Hey, just out of curiosity, is there an amp profile out there that sounds like "Money for Nothin'" by Dire Straights?

• Well, I went and listened to these and had a tough time deciding. At first, I was going to pick out 15 singles from the list of ones mentioned here. The reason I decided not to purchase 15 singles was the realization that ... in time ... I'd like to have all of these bundles and wouldn't want to pay for duplicates. (For example, if I purchase some singles from pack 6, when I finally get around to buying pack 6, a fraction of that purchase would essentially result in me paying for some profiles that I already own.) In other words, the packs are the better bargain long-term. With that said, if I need a particular sound for a recording or even if I'm just feeling impulsive, I can always purchase a single amp profile on an as needed basis.

I spent a couple hours listening to the samples of the different packs. It was pretty much a tie between pack 2, 6, and 7 for me. Not a bad predicament really... a win, win, win.

I finally just decided to go with pack 2. It is a best seller and I understand why. It has a very good palette of sounds. It seemed like an all-around good starting point. I just completed the purchase and am excited to try them out.

Andy, if you are there, I have a question for you. The main reason I did not buy the Fender pack is because I didn't know if these are completely separate from the fender amps included in the various packs (1-7). In other words, if someone already owns all of your amp packs, would they already have access to all of the fender amp profiles included in the fender pack? If this is the case, I'll just pass and stick to the long-term plan of collecting packs 1-7.

• Hi JD

As a rule, all my profiles are unique to there own packs. - even though on a few occasions Ive profiled the same amp, but its been with a different setup, mics or Speaker cab. - No one profile from a pack has been copied across to another. so yes all unique.

THe Bundle packs are about the amps, the tonal shapes of them, i.e clean through to full and everything in between (sweet-spots, my take at least, as I don't like to yield too many profiles for people) some with stomps, and others with effects for fun. - these are all great templates for you to dial in, tweek and setup to you and your gear. (if needed)

The bundles that are amp orientated,, i.e Fentatsic pack, is all about getting the best out of that style of amp, pushing it to its limits and discovering an old friend. working with the genre that amp would be used in, and fine tuning it to work how they should etc etc.

Hope that gave you some ideas..but do feel free to contact me via the website if you want any further info.
    best
    A

• As a rule, all my profiles are unique to there own packs. - even though on a few occasions Ive profiled the same amp, but its been with a different setup, mics or Speaker cab. - No one profile from a pack has been copied across to another. so yes all unique.

That's good news! I'll definitely plan on getting the Fender pack in the future.

Btw, I've really enjoyed playing with bundle 2 today. It took me awhile to get around to previewing them all. They sound so good that I would stay playing on one amp profile and not want to turn the dial to check out the next one. My favorite of the pack so far is the H&K, although it is very difficult to pick a favorite. I imagine my "favorite" will change with the context of the song and recording session. It is so easy to dial in any tone you want. I love having an array of amps to choose from like this. It is so cool.