Clean profiles have static and distortion

• Could this have something to do with incorrect soldering/ excessive solder on connections in electronics? I know this can be an issue with some guitars, for example, this old Fender HM Strat that I've been meaning to rewire but haven't had time. This guitar makes a lot of crackling sounds when a cable moves or when you adjust something. But I don't have the problem with my factory wired EMGs or my home-wired Bill. Lawrences, so I'm unable to confirm.

• You confirm exactly what we have observed. It happens with several guitars, while other guitars don't do it. We were able to retrieve the same noise with just using an audio interface, as mentioned.
    You might agree, that if there was such a "impedance problem", it would not be specific for a fraction of rigs only, since any impedance issures play in the analog domain, while rigs exist in the digital domain, and do not communicate with the impedances.

I've tried this particular guitar with a couple more tube-amps, and there's no crackle. If I record it directly there's no crackle through the high-z inputs on either a Roland UA-25 EX, a RME Fireface UFX, or indeed through the mic-preamps on a Behringer X32 with a DI-box in front. Furthermore, there's no crackle if I re-amp any of these direct-recordings through the KPA either. Hence, I still believe that the source of the crackle is somewhere in the interaction between the KPA and this particular guitar when they are directly connected.

• It may have been answered already, but is the crackling there on the DI tracks when recording the KPA through SPDIF, has anybody tried this?

Yes, I checked this, when using not processed signal (ie Git Analog, Git+Processing, Git Studio) the crackling doesn't appear. What's more, if in Master (Mono,Stereo,whatever) you just disable the Amp section, the crackle goes away too. That's why the DI tracks don't have the crackling.

• Yea, this issue is finally getting some traction! I can't yet believe that a properly wired Gibson LP Custom and LP Deluxe are inherently prone to crackly cleans with a Kemper based on a premise that "some guitars" will cause it to happen.

• Yea, this issue is finally getting some traction! I can't yet believe that a properly wired Gibson LP Custom and LP Deluxe are inherently prone to crackly cleans with a Kemper based on a premise that "some guitars" will cause it to happen.

I totally agree... was shocked to hear that crackle myself on several profiles, both clean and distorted. I figured I was "electronically haunted" as I've had hum and other issues with certain amps I've used. Apparently my PRS 57 humbuckers are really hot. They do NOT however, crackle except through the Kemper. Glad they're taking this issue seriously as well.

Gary ô¿ô

• Today I observed strange kind of crackling after I switch rig to PT Fender Twin profile (can be found in RE).
    I made sample of it: https://soundcloud.com/peto_911/kemper-rig-switch-crackling
    It lasts for about 2 seconds and then it disappears.

I tried all of my 5 guitars and crackling is there for all of them.
    Tested with fw 2.5 & 2.6B. Tested with Analog out & SPDIF.
    Could you guys confirm that this is the kind of bug you are talking about?
    Should I open a support ticket?

• Yeah I get this too on some profiles :)

• Does this crackling come from headphones/monitors connected directly to KPA? Because I understand that you connected KPA to some interface and recorded sample from some profile.

• Does this crackling come from headphones/monitors connected directly to KPA? Because I understand that you connected KPA to some interface and recorded sample from some profile.

I disconnected every cable from KPA except for obvious ones (power, guitar, headphones) and yes, it does the same crackling when switching to that rig. :(
    I tested also reamping through SPDIF with disconnected guitar and it does the same crackling.

• Please do it.
    The nature of the sound is the same I experience. How is your Pick parametre set?

I did open support ticket tonight.
    I didn't touch the pick parameter in amp section, in fact I didn't touch anything in that rig. Pick is @<0.0> in that rig.

• I did open support ticket tonight.
    I didn't touch the pick parameter in amp section, in fact I didn't touch anything in that rig. Pick is @<0.0> in that rig.

Thanks peto :)

So this issue is different from the one I'm experiencing, which creates that some sound the more, the more I move towards lower strings, and only when Pick is not @ 0.

@ Alex: when i do that the noise I get is quite different 8o
    :)

• I have that crackling noise on a few rigs, notably cleaner ones, but always thought it was something wrong in that particular profile. Now I'm
    not so sure , seems I get it on a few more I hadnt noticed befor. Hmmmmmmm