Wah settings

• Hi,

I've had my Kemper for a few days and only really used the wah properly at my first (great) rehearsal with it. Kemper = keeper :) It's now been backed up and is boxed ready to exchange for the powerhead version tomorrow :)

I noticed, particularly with my high gain solo rigs that (similar to my old Budda Wah and tube amp) the range of the wah seemed lacking. Or to explain better the wah effect wasn't very pronounced suggesting that either the 'depth' of the effect needed to be increased, or that the tone sweep from heel down to toe down needed to be increased or tweaked somehow. I guess that's the idea of the Dunlop 535q, although I've never used it.

Anyhow, does anyone have any suggestions for me for wah setup and high gain solos?

Thanks,
    Andy

• Andy,
    Are you using the Wah presets like the cry baby or one of the others? I normally go for the cry baby preset and have been happy with the sounds.

Sean

Hi,

Where do you find that? From memory there were options like wah wah, wah low and high pass, wah vowel, wah phaser, wah flanger etc...

Thanks,
    Andy

• Use Browse knob when you're in the effects section, not Type.

Got that now, thanks. When browsing, and also with other selections on the unit, there doesn't always seem to be an enter or select button to grab the thing that you have arrived at with a dial?

So wah is on stomp D. Currently Wah, Wah, I browse to W Wah Cry - how do I select it?

Thanks,
    Andy

• Enable autoload and new rigs and presets will be loaded automatically.

I think I've worked it out....I thought the stomp would change from saying Wah Wah to WWah Cry, but I think it will always say Wah Wah as in that's the effect for that stomp slot.....but when you turn the browse button it is now on the particular model of wah you chose......not the most intuitive thing in the world....but I'm still learning....

I can try it out properly later in the studio....at the moment it's just sat on a chair in my house.....being admired! :)

• I think I've worked it out....I thought the stomp would change from saying Wah Wah to WWah Cry, but I think it will always say Wah Wah as in that's the effect for that stomp slot.....but when you turn the browse button it is now on the particular model of wah you chose......not the most intuitive thing in the world....but I'm still learning....

I can try it out properly later in the studio....at the moment it's just sat on a chair in my house.....being admired! :)

but you don't choose a different model. :)

the Wah effect was equipped with all the parameters you need to emulate pretty much any wah pedal out there.
    the local presets you select with the browse knob are 'just' settings - but they all have the very same effect/model as a starting point.

• Don - I found the other post where you are entering in the settings you've determined represent different wah pedals best. This was a great find as the fasel version has become my wah. If you can please elaborate or point me to a location that defines the parameters (what they will do) and what they influence. Some additional knowledge in this area would greatly help me.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup: