Can someone recommend some good stuff?

• Hello! I have Kemper, Apogee duet 2, focal 65, macbook pro...what do you more recommend for easy recording or sound and to making easier to scroll between sounds. Have logic 9...

• My suggestion may surprise you.

Use the gear you have, because you are more familiar with it than you would be with something new. ANY interface and ANY recording software can be used to get pro-quality recordings, with the experience you get by using it.

Strongly seconded.

• My first question would be, what do you want to record? Just the Kemper? Some vocals? Acoustic guitar? Drums?

You setup seems pretty good already, so if you're only going to record the Kemper, I'd suggest putting money in room treatment. And not on those thin sheets of foam either, they do practically nothing to your acoustics. You can DIY some thick panels with rock wool, some strips of wood and some fabric.I'm too lazy to do my own, so I bought some Vicoustics Wavewood panels that work well. :thumbup:

If you want to do vocs, I'd suggest the next purchase to be a mic. Now that will be highly subjective and depends on your voice what mic will work the best. A Shure SM7B is a good one for acoustically less than perfect studio space. An LDC will pick the bad acoustics up much more. And a good mic pre to go with that would be good, once you find the mic that sounds the best on your voice. (Mic > mic pre always). Like GAP Pre73, WARM Audio, Great River ME-1NV etc. You can litrerally spend thousands on this if you go crazy.

If you want to record acoustic, I'd say get room treatment, then a good LDC.

• Thanks for all your answers guys....I´m new at this technical stuff and its more that I should learn firs all the settings properly. For the recording is mostly guitar and vocal, mic MK 4 and sm 57 for some amps, upgraded to logic X buy the way.
    And sorry that this take a long time to answer, have to google a lot because off my bad english...

• When I connect to logic the signal seams to be high/overload even when my guitar input is low and sometimes none so I figure that I need some mix device to control the input...

• When I connect to logic the signal seams to be high/overload even when my guitar input is low and sometimes none so I figure that I need some mix device to control the input...

This is not an equipment problem :)

1st question: How do you connect to your interface - i.e. what outputs from the KPA and what inputs of your interface? (please check to make sure you are actually plugged into what you THINK you are plugged into - I've made the mistake before :-))

• Welcome to the forum, by the way.

I'm from Denmark, so if English is a problem you can answer in Swedish... But of course you'll get fewer answers that way :-

Jag tror att jag kann hjälpa också fast min svensk är inte så god. :)

But to the problem at hand, are you connecting through the s/pdif output or analog outs? The s/pdif output is very high by default. This doesn't really matter though since there is no A/D conversion happening so you can't overload anything. (Unless the input is clipping obviously). But as long as you stay under 0dB it should be fine.

• ok guys if I say so:how should I connect the kemper throw apogee duet 2 that the sound does not change in logic pro X. Tried different outputs, chose audio file but after recording its does not sound like kemper through studio monitors or headphones....I really sucks at this..thanks for your patience...no spdif

• I am assuming that the LEDs in input and output ("master") sections of the Kemper does not flash red or orange.

First of all, the Kemper needs to be connected to a Line level input. So make sure that it does not go into an instrument or mic input on the Apogee (don't know if those are separate inputs, or something you set up on the unit, or in the computer - your manual should tell you how to do this).

Next, the output of the Kemper should be taken from the "master output" connections on the back of the Kemper.

If these things are setup as described, check to see if the level control on the Apogee is set too high, maybe.

Also: click the "Master" button on the Kemper, and tell us what the "Main output" is set to (the text above the leftmost knob below the display). THen, click the "page" arrow right, and tell us what the text says above the leftmost knob under the display says now ("main volume"). Also, in the top left corner of the display - is the "Main out link" box checked?

Does the Apogee come with any kind of controller software for your computer? (i.e., not logic).

Read the manual on the Apogee Duet and also check out forum for that unit. Setting the levels for it was a bitch for me. Once set, it's a superb interface and great A/D, but I sold it because setting levels was a.. I already said that, ha ha.

I have an RME Ladyface and that is easy to set levels so I know now it wasn't me. I also have a Firepod and it's easy peasy to set levels.

Point is, spend time learning how to set your levels using all devices and your recordings will be 100% improved! You need to do sound checks between Guitar->Kemper->Audio Interface -> DAW, look to ensure none of the units redline, and that the resulting wav form is large enough but not become like a block at loud parts.

Also, play back should sound like when you monitored during recording.

• Use the gear you have, because you are more familiar with it than you would be with something new. ANY interface and ANY recording software can be used to get pro-quality recordings, with the experience you get by using it.

Strongly seconded.

ditto!!!

Gettin' funky up in here..