OT: Things to GAS for

• Just got an ISP Stealth, so I can cross "Power Amp" off my list for now. For what I do, that is perfect.

Next: Newer Macbook Pro
    Next: USB Controller

They require, however, selling internal organs or the loaned use of external ones to accomplish before the fall, ha ha

• I just wanted to add that I converted the side by side fridge in the garage to a kegerator and my wife has noticed lately I've got a lot more GAS. I'm not sure what she means.

• I'm telling you guys. This is a lifelong interest in music for most of us.

Branch out into recording equipment like interfaces, monitors, preamps, mikes. Keep looking for bands to play with, which is more difficult as you get older. Start looking into other interesting instruments - drums, keyboards, chapman sticks...

You pick and choose, planning out your studio goals. What's the most bang for my buck?

You record your demo, soon to become your free-for release album on the internet....

And all the while, you keep working a day job to pay for it all.

• I've been noticing a convergence in my gear.

I used to have 5 amps, 2 modelers, now just one modeler and a cabinet.

I used to have 12 guitars, but I was down to 8, bought an LP, and realized there are 3 more I don't really use/need anymore.

The Kemper also dropped my pedal board off the face of the earth. So the floor space can actually hold a dump of clothing like it's supposed to.

My plugins got me to drop rack gear. One rack gear allowed me to go from Digital Piano -> Midi Controller Piano which takes up less space as it's not furniture.

I think part of it is the stellar new gear on the market these days and part I'm at a point where I have good gear and know what I don't need.

All been a fun journey!

• This has been 51 years of my 63 year old life ;( :P

• My biggest GAS had got to be for a new music-room/studio.

yeah man I feel ya.. I had the same issue a couple of years ago.. would up taking the bonus room over the garage and treating it acoustically.. love my space and still making adjustments.. who doesn't?

Gettin' funky up in here..

• Next time you want a fairly cheap, communally-awesome buy -
    rent a cool amp and hire a studio for an hour :thumbup:

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• yeah man I feel ya.. I had the same issue a couple of years ago.. would up taking the bonus room over the garage and treating it acoustically.. love my space and still making adjustments.. who doesn't?

Lost mine in my divorce as it was at the end of the garden of the house she got, now being used to store junk !!!

• If it's a Les Paul... I'd go for an R8 or R9... then slap a couple of vintage PAF's in it... make that baby sang!!!!
    Hate I sold mine back in the mid eighties (a 52' redone as a 59 burst with PAF's)... had to pay for school and put shoes on my babies feet; a man gotta do...

today I play a 61' ES175 with original PAF's... MAN has it got GAS!!!! but I'd still love a fine R9 and slap dem PUPs in dat baby!

I'm with you on the R8, R9, but...
    1) I don't want to die just yet (death by wife-icide)
    2) I need SOMETHING to GAS-Forward too when I get a tad older
    3) I still have to earn the privilege of owning a Heritage LP by practicing more!

• Lost mine in my divorce as it was at the end of the garden of the house she got, now being used to store junk !!!

maaaan... that's gotta hurt...

I'm with you on the R8, R9, but...
    1) I don't want to die just yet (death by wife-icide)
    2) I need SOMETHING to GAS-Forward too when I get a tad older
    3) I still have to earn the privilege of owning a Heritage LP by practicing more!

#1 yes... best to be on the right side of the grass!!
    #2 there's no like to-day!!
    #3 we all gotta aspire to somethin'...

was pouring on the gas today on that 61'... honkin' out some funky Aerosmith style rock... felt good but I still gotta feelin' about that R9/8.. been searchin' the web lurking the sites.. 8)

Gettin' funky up in here..

• A real Friedman Pink Taco
    PRS Archon

But my main source of gas is guitars, pedals and recording stuff.

Strymon Flint/Bigsky
    A good wah.... Maybe the Bonamassa one
    Vibe Pedal
    A board to put it on!

A Fender telecaster
    I kinda fancy a Prs Modern Eagle since today although i usually hate PRS when i play one so that could change! :) Maybe one of those Baritones as well.
    Then i have to pay my tech to shave all the necks on my other 10 guitars :)
    Switch some pickups around.

Another bass for low tuned stuff

Then some stuff for recording. Probably an Apollo Twin and a couple of plugs. The Torpedo thing.

Yeah.......im not quite cured!! :) But i don't actually need any of it except the bass!