Kemper vs. Tube Amps usage

• In case you own real tube amps - how much usage do they get 59

1. <25% (48) 81%
    2. 26-50% (5) 8%
    3. 51-75% (3) 5%
    4. >75% (3) 5%

In case you own real tube amps - how much usage do they get?

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• < 25% nowadays.
    I own a Marshall 6100 Fullstack (blue edition) and a Vox AC 30.
    I play them on my own sometimes but after a while I miss my Kemper.
    I like the broad consistent sound that I get out of my CLR or DXR 10 much better.
    The Marshall and the Vox are beamy divas in direct comparison.
    I think I'm fully assimilated by now.
    Resistance is futile. ;)

• In case you own real tube amps - how much usage did they get?

Sorry not sure I understand because of the use of 'did'. Do you mean did they get before I had a Kemper? In which case 100%. If you mean 'do' they get now I have a kemper, 0%. Sold them:P I'm very happy so far with the Kemper and the main profiles I use, although I'm still perfecting them and waiting on delivery of a midi controller for live performance. But it's a great bit of kit.

• I guess I still don't fully like playing along to that micced sound yet. I notice the nuances quite a bit.

I get what it is now, whereas before I didn't, but I'm not used to it yet so at practice I use my amps.

• For me it depends on the task:

Live:
    100% tube amp (Koch Studiotone)
    (still waiting for my Kemper rack)

Playing for the fun of it:
    70% tube amps
    (I have replaced the ones I don't use often - with the ones I found are great - and after 56 profile packs I know what I like ;) )
    30% Kemper
    (Gear I used to own - but have sold - Vintage amps I profiled but - unfortunately - do not own)

Recording:
    100% Kemper
    Exclusively my own profiles.
    In case I find a great new sounding setup/setting (during my playing time) - I create a new profile.
    I don't directly record my amp's anymore - just profile them - and use the Kemper to record.
    (sold all other speaker simulators, Torpedos as well as all other brands of modellers)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• My 6505 and assorted pedals haven't even been plugged in for about two months. I need a decent clean, rhythm, and lead tone available with a minimum of fuss and that amp isn't capable of delivering the goods. I'd probably still use it live, just because I haven't managed to put together all of the bits and bobs for my Kemper rack of doom, but I haven't played live in ages anyway.

• Live - big venues using in ears --> 100% KPA (sym. out direct to desk)

Live - small venues + clubs, no in ears, monitor-cabs --> 100% tube amps

Recording --> 100% KPA except acoustic guitars (100% miked)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• I voted 50%. I still go back and forth between the KPA and my tube amps (Dirty Shirley, Triptik, Gold Finger, Quick Rod and a few others). With my tube amps I actually have less stuff to haul and setup, but with the KPA I can bring all of my tube amps at the same time. I consider myself very blessed because I have so many choices.