UPDATE - Stratocaster problem ( Stratitus) made the Kemper sound raspy with distortion when Gain was used. Guitar returned to Sweetwater

• Thanks everybody for your creative, helpful thoughts and suggestions! It so nice to have such a supportive bunch of folks. Im totally fried and feel like its time to let it go for the day. Tomorrow I get the Axe Fx 2 early in the day and will see how things go with it. At that point I will decide what to do next.

I think its my nap time.

Isnt that what you do when you turn 60 (just kidding. Im going to the gym to swim a mile ;)

• This thread is so ridiculous I can't believe it got any responses...and of course the standard comment included, I'm going to buy an Axe-FX11.
    How can you blame Kemper for your guitar, go buy a new guitar or change your pickups...or better yet, buy a Tele.

Here's a Strat with Tom Anderson pickups, using a stock Profile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L4QqX7cvI0&feature=share

• This thread is so ridiculous I can't believe it got any responses...and of course the standard comment included, I'm going to buy an Axe-FX11.
    How can you blame Kemper for your guitar, go buy a new guitar or change your pickups...or better yet, buy a Tele.

Whoa there.....

• Specifics dont really matter.

The specifics do matter. If someone else has the same rig unaltered then they can verify if they can duplicate the problem. If not they can confirm what some other settings may be that are different on their machine than yours that could be causing an issue. If it cannot be duplicated then it could very well be your guitar.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

Speaking of ridiculous.... :P Dont see much blame here, just lots of helpful folks ( except you) trying to trouble shoot a mystery.

Time will tell. So far a Fender Deluxe amp and a QSC K10 FRFR cab convey sweet tones from this guitar. If thats the case with the Axe FX 2 tommorrow... well then that seems to indicate the Kemper is the only device having issues.

And I look forward to not hearing any more brilliant posts from you in the future. :D

Edited once, last by lasvideo ().

• The specifics do matter. If someone else has the same rig unaltered then they can verify if they can duplicate the problem. If not they can confirm what some other settings may be that are different on their machine than yours that could be causing an issue. If it cannot be duplicated then it could very well be your guitar.

I appreciate the help, but at this point I prefer to wait for the folks at Kemper to provide tech support.

• Here's another brilliant post.

What pickup position are you using on your Strat...bridge pickup?
    Have you modded the guitar so you have a tone control on the bridge pickup?
    Use the Volume and Tone knobs on the Strat...that's why they're there.
    Roll back the volume knob to around 8 (that will ease off the raspyness and smooth out the distortion), roll back the tone knob a little or a lot as well.

Are you sure you really like a single coil pickup in the bridge position of a Strat..perhaps a humbucker in that position will do the trick for you?
    Once your ears get used to the tone thickness of a bridge humbucker in a Les Paul, a Strats bridge pickup will always sound raspy and weak.

• When I go from humbucker to single coil on my guitar I have to change profiles or it sounds horrendous. Took me a while to find profiles that worked for me. If you have a strat, get diferent profiles for that guitar and you should probably go one step further than I do and use different input settings as well (clean and dist sense, etc).

• I believe you can go down the v14 with a global setting, and then go back to v15, all within the software, but yours may come stock with v14 since it might have been setup when that was the active firmware. v15 might be too recent, IDK.

If so, try a bank of fremens. You don't have to load all the banks A, B, C etc. Just do a backup of the stock banks first just so it's handy for your file organization and only swap one tweaked bank in for comparisons.

You can spend a year with the FXII and not know all about it. Ditto with the KPA. They both have good interfaces, but there is a deepness that you can't get down during the trial period, so every time saving tip you can employ will help you max your 15 day trial.

Question: Does the Fat 50 have that same bad sound in headphones? If so, then it's the Guitar or KPA, but if it doesn't, then it could be the KPA OUTPUT setting or the input setting of your audio interface. Do that kind of troubleshooting, eliminating parts and working your way from headphones out various OUTPUTs to check the differences.

• Try another Strat with Fat 50's. Take your KPA to a local dealer and plug in and test a few different guitars.

I highly doubt this is an issue with the KPA, especially since your other guitars sound fine.

• Haha, try going to the Fractal forum saying "the Axe II has issues so I think I'll try a Kemper" and see how that goes ;)

Seriously though, I hope that you find your tonal bliss with the Axe II. To me, tone that inspires me to play is all that matters, at this point there are two sources of tone that inspire me to play, my Friedman Dirty Shirley and my profiles of the Friedman Dirty Shirley. Good luck to you :thumbup:

• If you want people to try and help you, you need to provide proper answers to the questions that have been asked.....

ie - you need to put effort in to the troubleshooting also. Several people have asked questions and offered to help you. Quick one word answers aren't helping...

• Haha, try going to the Fractal forum saying "the Axe II has issues so I think I'll try a Kemper" and see how that goes ;)

Seriously though, I hope that you find your tonal bliss with the Axe II. To me, tone that inspires me to play is all that matters, at this point there are two sources of tone that inspire me to play, my Friedman Dirty Shirley and my profiles of the Friedman Dirty Shirley. Good luck to you :thumbup:

I see he's already posted over there on the Fractal forum..... guess he's given up on the KPA. That's too bad...

• When I go from humbucker to single coil on my guitar I have to change profiles or it sounds horrendous. Took me a while to find profiles that worked for me. If you have a strat, get diferent profiles for that guitar and you should probably go one step further than I do and use different input settings as well (clean and dist sense, etc).

Thanks for the info on your experience. Ive done extensive manipulation of Input Setting that you've mentioned as well as others. :) To no avail. It may just be that I will have to use the Axe Fx 2 with the Strat. I will know more tomorrow morning.

LOL! The way I see it, if I have to use the Axe FX 2 with the Strat and continue to use the Kemper with my LP, Soloist and Esoterik, I have the best of both worlds!

• If you want people to try and help you, you need to provide proper answers to the questions that have been asked.....

ie - you need to put effort in to the troubleshooting also. Several people have asked questions and offered to help you. Quick one word answers aren't helping...

And you need to read my posts a little more closely! I am waiting to hear from Kemper Tech support before taking measures to fix this issue. End of story ;)

• I see he's already posted over there on the Fractal forum..... guess he's given up on the KPA. That's too bad...

Heres a little lesson you might benefit from. When you "assume" you can make an ass of yourself. Case and point. I intend to use the Axe with the Strat if I get no issues like I did with the Kemper. Because so far I havent had any Support input to help me rectify the situation. AND I plan to continue to use the Kemper with my Les Paul, Soloist and Esoterik. There now, dont you feel a little silly making the assumption that I gave up on the Kemper :D