Completely confused by Rig Manager

• Feeling stupid here, but I only recently started using Rig Manager, and while the browsing/search/preview features are nice, I don't actually understand how it is interacting with the Kemper.

For example, I recently updated to the 2.5 public beta. I decided to load all the factory rigs to make sure I have the most updated version of all of them including the new bass rigs. Then the Kemper gave me a message that I'm over a 1000 rig limit.

I didn't know there was a limit, but fine, I go into Rig Manager, and spend a good hour or so deleting a bunch of rigs I didn't want on the Kemper, got it down to around 750. The next day, I turn on my Kemper, and suddenly it is back to over 1000+ rigs? I load up Rig Manager again to see what happened, and then after syncing, it's telling me I'm back to my 750, but this only happens when I have Rig Manager connected. When I disconnect it and use the Kemper on its own, it's back to 1000+ profiles. I noticed that my list of favourites that I recently made are also slightly different than the favourites when I use the Kemper on its own.

I'm sure this isn't how it's supposed to work? Isn't the Rig Manager controlling what's on the Kemper, or is it only giving me a mirror version on the PC and that is what I'm manipulating? I thought I was managing the profiles right on the Kemper?

• Hi nkay

If you scroll right down to the bottom on the left hand side you should see a picture of your kemper. Now select that and this shows you the profiles on the kemper. If you don't have the kemper selected then you are seeing the profiles that are loaded into rig manager not the kemper, allow you to have millions of profiles but only load the ones you want.

I personally have all my profiles organised in folder of the amp type so Marshall JCM 800 in folder Marshall then folder JCM800, this allows for quick access when recording bands and we are auditioning profiles.

Hope this helps :)

• Hi, yes the focus was already on the Kemper. I think there was some kind of bad syncing problem.
    This morning, once the release 2.5 version came out, I upgraded to the public OS from the beta, and after it did all the rig checking, it managed to figure out the other ones were deleted so I am at the proper 750 now and it is properly synced.

When it showed over 1000, I could browse the rigs, but any ones that I had deleted were still listed, but they couldn't be loaded.
    Seems to be all fixed now!

• Once you start trusting the Rig Manager you can keep your Kemper somewhat "clean". I have between 50 and 70 Rigs max on my Kemper. the rest is spread across a folder structure in RM.

Don't forget that you can "audition" rigs without actually saving/copying them to your Kemper.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• Guys pls bare with my stupid question here but i'm learning...slowly.Lol
    How does my kemper hook up to my Mac so i can see my profiles on my computer?
    ALSO is there ANY video links on RM that might help be progress a bit faster?
    Thanks a bunch!
    Richb

It's all about the tone!

• How does my kemper hook up to my Mac so i can see my profiles on my computer?

reading the manual might explain that. you can access the manual in the HELP menu within Rig Manager. contact support by email if you struggle.
    hth gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Guys pls bare with my stupid question here but i'm learning...slowly.Lol
    How does my kemper hook up to my Mac so i can see my profiles on my computer?
    ALSO is there ANY video links on RM that might help be progress a bit faster?
    Thanks a bunch!
    Richb

Hi Richb you need a USB cable one that normally comes with something like a printer. Then you will be all set to fire up both the KPA and RM manager to organise your profiles which are on the KPA just make sure the name of the KPA matches the one you sign in with