FR-Monitor-Box for KPA

• I want to buy an active FR-Monitorbox for my KPA.

Does it make sense to choose the same RCF-Box-Type (ART 710-A) that we are using in our P.A.-System?

(In this case I would hear the same sound as the audience and I could tweak my profiles more effectively without need of relying on the P.A.-guy)

• Well, would you be using the same PA system when you're playing at a venue where they have their own FOH equipment? Probably not.

What I'd look for from an FRFR setup is something that gives me the most accurate representation of the profiles, because this is what would translate well on other equipment as well. This should be your primary consideration when looking at an FRFR monitor.

Some of the common active speaker choices I've seen here are the Yamaha DXR12s and the Atomic CLR. Not sure what other recommendations might be there, hopefully more users will chip in.

• I'd second nightlight in chasing the best linear cab I could afford. You'll never regret it, if you like the "FRFR" concept. And you'll have a lot of different uses for it
    :)

• If you exclusively use that PA when you're out playing, I'd say it made a whole lot of sense to use the same type of speaker. As you state, then you'd be hearing exactly what the audience is hearing. No brainer.

However, if you're more than likely going to be relying on different PAs at different venues, then yes, go for something as accurate as possible. That way, you give yourself the best chance of it translating well to as many different systems as possible.

Cheers,
    Sam

• Does it make sense to choose the same RCF-Box-Type (ART 710-A) that we are using in our P.A.-System?

If you perform almost exclusively with this PA-rig , then it makes all kinds of sense to use the same speakers for practise and tweaking your tone too. It you play many venues and different FOH-rigs, then you're best off with a practise/monitor-speaker that is a neutral/linear as possible. I don't know this particular speaker, but its specifications puts it close to Yamaha's DXR10 which many consider to be a decent alternative for any guitar-amp modeller. The RCF 710A has a little less power, and is a little cheaper than the DXR10.